5) pop this macro
    /cast ascendance
    /cast stormlash totem
    /cast Elemental Mastery
    /cast Blood Fury(Racial)
    /use 10
    /use 13
    6) go to town with lava burst spam

Our warrior knows its best to wait to pop skull banner till they see my 'stormlash up' announcement, typically 5-6s into the fight. Pots last long enough to cover the entire cycle.
    You're losing DPS by doing this. You're wasting Ascendance up-time by popping Stormlash during it; pop it right before instead. Also, pop CDs (trinkets/racial etc, not Ascendance tho) right after step 4 (FE). That way they benefit your first Lava Burst as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    What exactyl does this statement mean? Do the FEs buffs run out when yours do?
    It means exactly that. FET no longer snapshots stats when dropped instead in dynamically updates according to w/e buffs/procs u have active during FET time. U lose buffs/procs then FET also loses them. Yeah, so pot/cd/proc stacking is gone from FET "wait for them before drop" .

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Here's what I usually do...

1. Flame Shock
    2. Fire Elemental
    3. Lava Burst
    4. Elemental Blast
    5. BL macro:
    /cast Bloodlust
    /cast Stormlash Totem
    /use Potion of Jade Serpent
    /use Flashfrozen Resin Globule
    /cast Ascendance
    6. Spam LvB
    7. Use Berserking just as Ascendance ends
    8. Elemental Blast
    9. Continue normal rotation

You reckon I should take Ascendance off the BL macro and pop it on its own GCD with a /cast Ascendance + /cast Lava Burst macro?

I might start pre-casting EB but it usually ends up with me getting aggro if it crits :-/

EDIT: I do usually pre-pot. The Jade Serpent pot is in that macro for times when we dont BL at the start of a fight. Or for 5mans.
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2012-10-17 at 09:07 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gingilica View Post
    It means exactly that. FET no longer snapshots stats when dropped instead in dynamically updates according to w/e buffs/procs u have active during FET time. U lose buffs/procs then FET also loses them. Yeah, so pot/cd/proc stacking is gone from FET "wait for them before drop" .
    It's still a good idea to stack procs & pot with your FET. They just no longer stay with the FET after they've expired.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwiqshter View Post
    It's still a good idea to stack procs & pot with your FET. They just no longer stay with the FET after they've expired.
    True, but now you use those cooldowns AFTER the FET is down, not before like you used too. That way you don't use up a GCD during your cooldown time by putting down the FET to give it actually less benefit (as it takes a short amount of time to pick a target and reach it so if cooldowns already up this targetting time will be wasted cooldown uptime).

mine goes

(T13 resto 4pc + prepot) obviously putting normal gear back on immediately after
    elemental blast is casting half second before pull
    fire elemental
    flame shock
    lava burst
    ascendence + stormlash
    elemental blast
    continue as normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should wait for int procs before popping fire ele. Also use stormlash either before or after acendance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aids View Post
    You should wait for int procs before popping fire ele. Also use stormlash either before or after acendance.
    As said multiple times already, no you shouldn't wait for procs before using Fire Ele. You should use it before them to prevent you wasting a GCD putting it down during them. It scales dynamically with stats now so it will get the full benefit of your procs even if you put it down beforehand.

/equipset restot13
    /cast elemental totem
    /use potion of jade serpent
    /equipset ele
    eb
    fs
    lvb
    stlt
    ascendance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    1) Have searing down prior to pull
    2) 1 sec prior to pull I hit this macro
    #showtooltip Potion of the jade serpent
    /use Potion of the Jade Serpent
    /cast elemental blast
    3) flame shock
    4) fire elemental
    5) lava burst (to have it on cd)
    5) pop this macro
    /cast ascendance
    /cast stormlash totem
    /cast Elemental Mastery (If you spec em)
    /cast Spiritwalker's Grace
    /cast Blood Fury(Racial)
    /use 10
    /use 13
    This was almost perfect, changes are underlined. in 1 gcd you SHOULD be popping the macro. So in all reality FS cast is 1gcd on boss pull after your opener of prepot and EB( if timed right your EB will be hitting the second tank pulls), Fire Ele, LvB, Macro, LvB spam. A total of 4 gcd's and your at full dps potential!

If specced into Primal Elementalist should empower be used?
    Is the 5% personal damage increase for its duration a dps increase vs it's allready 50% increased base damage?
    Can't find a clear answer on this matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wax View Post
    If specced into Primal Elementalist should empower be used?
    Is the 5% personal damage increase for its duration a dps increase vs it's allready 50% increased base damage?
    Can't find a clear answer on this matter.
    The answer is a very clear "no".

Empower is useful for phases where the elemental can't target the boss, but you can, for whatever reason. Things like flying phases where it's still in range of spellcasting, for instance. If the elemental is on the boss, you don't need or want to use Empower.

Caveat; if there's ever a case where you get a massive buff that doesn't boost pet damage similarly (the buff you get at the final phase on the last boss of Throne of Tides, for instance, if it didn't affect your pet), Empower would also be good there. But I can't think of any of those off the top of my head, I'm just mentioning it as a potential possibility if it ever pops up.

This post help me clear alot of things up. so is this the best opener

1) Have searing down prior to pull
    2) 1 sec prior to pull I hit this macro
    #showtooltip Potion of the jade serpent
    /use Potion of the Jade Serpent
    /cast elemental blast
    3) flame shock
    4) fire elemental
    5) lava burst (to have it on cd)
    5) pop this macro
    /cast ascendance
    /cast stormlash totem
    /cast Elemental Mastery (If you spec em)
    /cast Spiritwalker's Grace
    /cast Blood Fury(Racial)
    /use 10
    /use 13

Where would I want to pop hero? Can that be done with the macro or is that a global CD?
    Does Lifeblood plus the 4 peace from resto put you over have the haste cap? What is the haste cap again?

How would the opener look with 4 peace from resto and lifeblood look?

Deleted
    I haven't done any research but this is how I do it.

1) Pre-pot
    2) Unleash Elements
    Flame Shock
    While I position myself.

3) Lava Burst (procs Clearcasting 10% more damage for 6))
    4) Fire Elemental Totem
    5a) (Optional) Heroism
    Stormlash Totem
    5b) Stormlash Totem
    6) Elemental Blast
    7) Berserking
    Ascendance
    /use 10 (no use trinket)
    8) Lava Burst to high heaven
    Last edited by mmoc3241605ebc; 2012-11-01 at 11:17 PM.

Deleted
    The way I do it:

1) Pre pot
    2) Cast EB, so it hits when pull counter = 0.
    3) Flame shock
    4) LB
    5) Fire ele
    6) BL with stormlash totem macro
    7) Ascendance (macro with Berserking and trinket)
    8) LB spam

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    So many people doing it wrong, why would you cast flame shock before fire elemental so he just stands there like a moron for 1.5 seconds and then starts running to the boss. Why would you consider using unleash elements when you have elemental blast. Why would you use a potion after getting into combat instead of using it twice in the fight.

Stop being innovators and do a correct opener like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    mine goes

(T13 resto 4pc + prepot) obviously putting normal gear back on immediately after
    elemental blast is casting half second before pull
    fire elemental
    flame shock
    lava burst
    ascendence + stormlash
    elemental blast
    continue as normal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymei View Post
    So many people doing it wrong, why would you cast flame shock before fire elemental so he just stands there like a moron for 1.5 seconds and then starts running to the boss. Why would you consider using unleash elements when you have elemental blast. Why would you use a potion after getting into combat instead of using it twice in the fight.

Stop being innovators and do a correct opener like this one.
    That one isn't correct. Stormlash should be popped just before Ascendance (waiting close to 1 GCD, then popping Ascendance). Ascendance should consists 100% of spamming LvB.

Done some testing, and seems like the perfect opening goes like this like some of you have mentioned:

1. Searing totem
    2. Pre-Potion + Precast-Elemental Blast macro (EB = free dmg, only 1/3 chanse you will get mastery which is a dps gain so not worth saving right before ascendance)
    3. Flame Elemental Totem
    4. Flame shock
    5. Lava Burst (want this on CD because ascendance refreshes it)
    6. Stormlash (for more DPS healer og enhance should open the stormlash rotation. Ele should go third or fourth)
    7. Bloodlust+Trinket+Racials(not Berserking => should be saved till after Ascendance when BL is up due to haste cap)
    8. Spam Lava Burst like a hero
    9. Normal rotation

Other random tips:
    - If you have tier13 resto use it for 300k opening.. Will probably be hotfixed soon though.
    - We lose some potential DPS in the opening due to nearly hastecapped combined with fpsdrop, which is why you always play with medium graphics while progressing hardmodes.
    - Only spam buttons when its 0,2-0,3s left on the previous cast/GCD. This is because you dont want to queue a Lightning Bolt when a Lava Burst procs happens right at the end of a cast.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    That one isn't correct. Stormlash should be popped just before Ascendance (waiting close to 1 GCD, then popping Ascendance). Ascendance should consists 100% of spamming LvB.
    You assume ascendence + stormlash means stormlash after ascendence, don't assume, assuming is bad.

sorry mine wins (apart from not having 4t13)

be PE specced

Pull -5: pop FET and respec EB

yes, it works