Thread: so im 80...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    The response was to hk-51 when he compares Final Fantasy's extra content to sheer grinding mats and doing the same dungeons over and over. It's not the same.
    And killing bhaal over and over and over and over isn't the same either?

Oh wait. Its exactly the same.

Also, there are plenty of FF games where you grind stupid amounts of random mobs OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

The difference is that consumers expect fast pacing for leveling and gearing so they can focus on running raids OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

If you would rather run raids over and over and over rather than dungeons over and over and over. That's just about every OTHER mmo on the market.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    I'm raiding and I haven't done a single MoP daily quest. Go figure.
    Oh, grinding that one instance week after week after week?
    Different strokes I guess ;-)
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Oh, grinding that one instance week after week after week?
    Different strokes I guess ;-)
    Nah, he still has gold left over from leveling to 90 and the AH is overpriced with end game crafting mats / craftables. Just wait a few months for people to start doing dailies again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Nah, he still has gold left over from leveling to 90 and the AH is overpriced with end game crafting mats / craftables. Just wait a few months for people to start doing dailies again.
    I still have so much gold in that game, should let someone SoR me up one of these days so I can trade it for Tyria stuffz haha.
    Valar morghulis

wait for the expansion, it's not like you're paying a monthly fee anyway, you can hop in whenever you want.

but i would suggest WvW becuase it's simply fun.

Deleted
    there is no endgame They dnt have raids, which i could live with as pvp is focus. sPvP tournaments are okay but rewardsa and achievements suck, outside of tournaments it's ridiculous. WvW is a shambles and really needs an achievement for running 8,000 miles!!

Deleted
    uhm do that what you think makes fun for you.

you dont need to have exotic armor or legendary weapons right now. just do it slowly while having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by north99 View Post
    there is no endgame They dnt have raids
    Endgame does not mean raids to everyone.

I don't miss raids one bit, I greatly prefer the world dragons. I just wish there were more of them =\ and that they were a little harder.

I have reached level 80 a couple of days ago. When I hit 80, I had only 50% world completion, never stepped in a dungeon yet, never did any PvP, personal story is not completed yet, most crafting disciplines are at level 0 and a couple are below 75, and haven't done most of the puzzles yet. I have reached level 80 simply by doing all the dynamic events (some multiple times) and heart quests in maps I have visited, exploration, some gathering, and some puzzles. I certainly did not try to rush to 80 like some others do.

So, form my point of view, there is still a ton of stuff to do, which are exploring the remaining 50% of the world, start doing some dungeons, check out PvP for the first time, finish the personal story, work on disciplines, and do puzzles. I expect these to keep me busy for a long time.
    Last edited by Underwolf; 2012-10-08 at 05:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do content you find enjoyable, and if nothing is enjoyable to you, don't play.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hiddenfear91 View Post
    I don't miss raids one bit, I greatly prefer the world dragons. I just wish there were more of them =\ and that they were a little harder.
    This tbh. I find myself going back to fight Tequatl, the Claw of Jormag and the Shatterer because they're fun. None of them are really challenging and I'm not a 5 man dungeon kind of guy - maybe that's WoW poisoning my mind since 5 mans turned into 'Ok guys, we have to grind our 7 a week, let's queue as 4 people and just rip through the dungeon in 10 mins with raid gear.' borefest.

Must've got the damn ZA bear like 40 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Wipeout View Post
    so what can i do ?
    All the things you did while leveling up to 80; dungeons, PVP, casual PVE, crafting, puzzles or exploring.

To be fair, at some point the game will become a grind. That's what the MMO genre has to be and have, something for you to work toward. When you get 100% completion, gotten whatever dungeon sets you wanted, did enough sPvP and WvW, did enough events, finished all the puzzles, crafted a lot, etc., you'll get bored.

I mean...I have 5/7 crafting disciplines at 400, 100% completion, did all the jumping puzzles...but as it stands, I have like...IDK, 2-3 exotics maybe, hahaha. I've done a bunch of explorables pretty easily without them too. For me, it's time to try and get better gear and get a set I want, get those last 2 crafts to 400 soon, do every explorable path, and IDK, whatever else I think of.

Not to mention I hear a cool event regarding October may be coming up.

But yeah...do whatever floats your boat, which might be that damn risen boat that rises out of the water to attack a town.

Deleted
    That's the whole deal, you do whatever you like. You don't go grinding, you can go exploring, doing events.

Sort of, you do more of what you've done. Also the explorable modes.

The more I see these "endgame" and "So... I'm 80" type of discussions, the more I wish Anet had stuck to their guns. Just have no levels at all as was originally planned or a very low mid point level cap ala GW1.

It seems from what I read here, on the subreddit, comments and fan forums that the importance of Levels is the biggest tripping point. Can't say I blame folks either. Leveling is long associated with progression and finality. So people do expect something to switch on after reaching that end point.

Just aren't really gonna get it in GW2 unless Anet have a DOA or FOW in their back pocket. Still a possibility, natch.

Down with RPG leveling! It's meaningless bullshit! /chant

Amen to that Fencers. I've been saying that all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The more I see these "endgame" and "So... I'm 80" type of discussions, the more I wish Anet had stuck to their guns. Just have no levels at all as was originally planned or a very low mid point level cap ala GW1.

It seems from what I read here, on the subreddit, comments and fan forums that the importance of Levels is the biggest tripping point. Can't say I blame folks either. Leveling is long associated with progression and finality. So people do expect something to switch on after reaching that end point.

Just aren't really gonna get it in GW2 unless Anet have a DOA or FOW in their back pocket. Still a possibility, natch.

Down with RPG leveling! It's meaningless bullshit! /chant
    If that's the case, couldn't they just keep everything as it is but have you go up endlessly in level? For instance, I might be level 842 and it would have no difference from a level whatever-level-the-content-maximizes-at. OR just have an option per each person to toggle on actual level. That way if a person wants to know I'm 842, they can, but also knowing it doesn't make a difference since I maxed my skills at 80, they can turn it off.

If they add "higher level" content in the future, I guess that'd be the only flaw. But...a new level cap wouldn't do much. They'd only need it as a barrier to entry for zones and dungeons.

People just want to see the number, honestly. In which case it's the same exact thing as Paragon levels, minus the stat/mf/etc. increases.

So the solution is...a display of their level as 80 then +(something) so that their epeen can be really big. That way they can still introduce a higher level cap when they want as the new content would count toward their main level, not their side level in ().
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2012-10-08 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    If that's the case, couldn't they just keep everything as it is but have you go up endlessly in level? <snip>
    Nothing more than AA. And AA kinda blows.

What do you do at endgame? You buy Mists of Pandaria.

Mod Edit: It was well publicized Guild Wars 2 has a different model than World of Warcraft. If you want to discuss that, fine. If you want to make snarky comments- not fine at all.

Only warning on this. Don't bait.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-10-08 at 09:08 PM.