Thread: so im 80...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just leave the game and play something else, everyone I played with is.

Otherwise just do what you did while you were levelling..

Deleted
    Grinding endless boring dailies for reputation with childish animal factions, doing ridiculously unbalanced PVP where you get 2-shotted by BM hunters, warriors and mages, or doing raids of recycled content with bad graphics and lazy mechanics.

This is your alternative.

I have both games, just telling you like it is.

We don't need these kinds of posts in these forums. Game bashing (taking jabs at other games) and game vs. game debates (which this can spark) aren't welcome. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-10-09 at 01:51 AM.

only 2 things have disappointed me about the game
    ability to make coin, you either sell everything or salvage everything. kinda meh but able to get over it.
    and the fact that i have to wait to get more explorable zones, it took 2 weeks of modest play to get 100% world complete like 1 map a day 2 on weekends something like that. sure at the moment theres alot to explore but it is my thing i like to do.

I couldve used some better looking legendary greatswords but i can get visions of the mists (sexiest greatsword eva) and it is an incredibly short grind in comparision so eh.

my point is i got 2 weeks of good play out of it and now i do like 1 dungeoun a day and explore a little on an alt, like 1 month of still good play there and i have 3 other alts in line maybe a month or so for each.

maybe you dont have that kind of plan to have 5 alts, but if you do and even if you have all the free time in the world thats still like 3 months of good play to get them 100% done. nuff for me i think,
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Plz show me your spreadsheets.
    5. You think critting for 5k is awesome, I normal hit for 7.4k with autoattacks.
    Some people are too pro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Grinding endless boring dailies for reputation with childish animal factions, doing ridiculously unbalanced PVP where you get 2-shotted by BM hunters, warriors and mages, or doing raids of recycled content with bad graphics and lazy mechanics.

This is your alternative.

I have both games, just telling you like it is.
    Yay game vs game is so much fun.

I have both games too, id like to give overly opinionated bullshit too.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-10-08 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The more I see these "endgame" and "So... I'm 80" type of discussions, the more I wish Anet had stuck to their guns. Just have no levels at all as was originally planned or a very low mid point level cap ala GW1.

It seems from what I read here, on the subreddit, comments and fan forums that the importance of Levels is the biggest tripping point. Can't say I blame folks either. Leveling is long associated with progression and finality. So people do expect something to switch on after reaching that end point.

Just aren't really gonna get it in GW2 unless Anet have a DOA or FOW in their back pocket. Still a possibility, natch.

Down with RPG leveling! It's meaningless bullshit! /chant
    What would really be telling about the current MMO gamers is if Anet decides to not increase the level cap for GW2 expansions. Will players want to do content with no level increase? If Anet comes out with 5-8 level 80 zones with a bunch of meta event chains and big baddie bosses will players want to do them? Will new gear skins be enough to get players to buy an expansion without an increase in level cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    What would really be telling about the current MMO gamers is if Anet decides to not increase the level cap for GW2 expansions. Will players want to do content with no level increase? If Anet comes out with 5-8 level 80 zones with a bunch of meta event chains and big baddie bosses will players want to do them? Will new gear skins be enough to get players to buy an expansion without an increase in level cap?
    That's exactly what GW1 did and it sold millions of copies with its expansions. It never increased the initial lvl cap of 20 in any of the subsequent expansions. So everything was "side-level" for max toons with each new expansion. People seemed to love that...going for new titles, armor and weapons, etc. Not sure why it wouldn't work for GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Basically Guild Wars 1 all over again. The only progress in GW1 after a certain point was the difficulty. Mobs kept going up in levels, you didn't. That might be the way of things in GW2. We'll just have to see.

The thing is the Guild Wars series is just not the same as other MMOs. That's part of the appeal, the eccentricity of the series.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hiddenfear91 View Post
    I don't miss raids one bit, I greatly prefer the world dragons. I just wish there were more of them =\ and that they were a little harder.
    I love GW2, but I must admit, I miss Raiding a lot. Not that I'd go back to it mind you, when that's the only thing in the game you enjoy, it's pretty expensive.

Anyway, I can't stand people that say "Well, what do I do at 80? There's nothing." Look at it the other way, you don't have to level up to experience content. Obviously, the higher your level, the more zones you have access to, you'll be able to get better looking gear and extra Utility Skill slots, but the game is pretty opened up for you, regardless of your level. I've spent the last 2 evenings playing a level 2 Necromancer in sPvP and I didn't even have to waste a couple of weeks farming up to a level cap. Before that, I'd played tonnes of games with a level 60 or so Thief.

Better than going back to MoP. PVE/raid in Rift and PVP in gw2.

Problem solved.

You guys can play more than one game.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    The thing is the Guild Wars series is just not the same as other MMOs. That's part of the appeal, the eccentricity of the series.
    I really wish more people would understand this. Fact is, GW2 is not supposed to be the game that you pour hours into every evening for several years (unless you really enjoy the PvP). Fact is, with no sub fee, it doesn't need to be. Did you buy Skyrim at release, and still start afresh every now and again? GW2 is similar.

You can pick it up for £40 or whatever, and just play it whenever you want. You really like GW2, but you're a hardcore Raider at heart? Fine, play another game alongside GW2, no problem.

GW2 is a great game for people who have little/no interest in current MMOs, little/no interest in the MMO genre as a whole or free time outside of their commitments in other MMOs.

The more I see these "endgame" and "So... I'm 80" type of discussions, the more I wish Anet had stuck to their guns. Just have no levels at all as was originally planned or a very low mid point level cap ala GW1.

It seems from what I read here, on the subreddit, comments and fan forums that the importance of Levels is the biggest tripping point. Can't say I blame folks either. Leveling is long associated with progression and finality. So people do expect something to switch on after reaching that end point.

Just aren't really gonna get it in GW2 unless Anet have a DOA or FOW in their back pocket. Still a possibility, natch.

Down with RPG leveling! It's meaningless bullshit! /chant
    Replace I'm lvl 80 with "I did 100% map completion" or "I did all the dungeons on explorable mode" etc. In the end if you add a end point number to anything, and you will get complaints about reaching said number and ask what to do next. Also, this isn't really IMO I am lvl 80, it is more of I am bored what do I do now cause anyone IMO who has played this game can find stuff to do if they want to do it even at 80. Having the game without lvls IMO wouldn't solve this problem of people being bored cause they will replace 80 with something else.
    Last edited by Theendgamelv3; 2012-10-08 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalfrezi View Post
    back to wow...
    why? so he can grind raids for rng loot, or grind dailies, or grind BG's and arena for ratings and gear. Grind grind grind...

see I can use the same argument for that game to.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

Deleted
    well try to get a guild and do WvW, do dungeons and make a armor set from them, do Spvp(close touraments soon) if you want a legendary(or more than one) farm for them,
    Do jumping puzzle, complete the world map, collect all the dyes in-game, have fun with your friends(guildies) on keg brawl, make the exotic gear from craft or from karma or WvW tokens.

As you can see theres alot to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    Replace I'm lvl 80 with "I did 100% map completion" or "I did all the dungeons on explorable mode" etc. In the end if you add a end point number to anything, and you will get complaints about reaching said number and ask what to do next. Also, this isn't really IMO I am lvl 80, it is more of I am bored what do I do now cause anyone IMO who has played this game can find stuff to do if they want to do it even at 80. Having the game without lvls IMO wouldn't solve this problem of people being bored cause they will replace 80 with something else.
    The trick is to not replace level 80 with something else. Or some other type of "soft cap" such as the Secret World. Just to have a game without levels or a level barrier so meaningless & reached so early as to be an afterthought.

I played Guild Wars 1 for years and never heard this, "I'm level 20... what do I do now?" thing. A big reason why was in how they structured the first game(s). Levels 1-20 were essentially the tutorial. Later campaigns basically did make the tutorial area 1-20 before eventually saying, "Fuck it. Insta-lvl20. Whatever, brahs." in the last Guild Wars game.

Just a matter of presentation. 80 levels though, 80 slow levels... I think it was a mistake for Guild Wars 2 to go in that direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a matter of presentation. 80 levels though, 80 slow levels... I think it was a mistake for Guild Wars 2 to go in that direction.
    Naw, just gives the game a broader appeal. There is a factor of 10x more people that like to level than like to raid, at least.

I ran the Obsidian Sanctum jump puzzle in WvW last night with a couple new players - 1 from the UK, another from Singapore. We had a blast. The UK fella never played WoW, was into FPS and racing games and was completely blown away by the Indiana Jones style of the puzzle with the added twist of a little PvP thrown in.

This game is not about checklists or To Do items at level cap. It's not going to hold your hand and direct your gameplay. Sure, there are all the achievements and titles you can go for, but the game offers so much more.
    Valar morghulis

it depends on what kind of MMO player you are.

If you are a RAIDER,then nothing you just leave the game and if you have spend more than 60 hours on the game i believe you made your money worth of time and go play
    WoW or RIFT since those games are RAIDING games or you can try TSW which from what i have hear is a good game or even play SWTOR

if you are a PVPer i wont comment because its self explanatory.

If you are a PVEer then

you can complete the map
    you can explore the map(its different than completing because you go and actually talk to npcs :P ill do that after 100% of the map,talk to everybody to see what exactly is going on in every zone,although i have a good grasp)
    you can do all the puzzles
    you can do all the dungeons and their paths(all 38 of them)
    professions you can max them without guides and uncover every recipe :P (good luck :P )
    max all of the professions since you can do all of them in one character
    play alts in different races for the story
    play alts in different classes for a new experience
    you can find the best exotic gear for your way of playing
    you can find the best exotic gear in every role that you class can play
    you can find the best armours in the game for your character in terms of looks(some guy even made a assasin's creed armour in the game from bits and pieces)and make yourself a bit of unique in looks
    you can try and collect every colour in the palette
    you can try and hunt for the silly but funny elixirs that turn you into stuff
    search the game for funny or serious things that you might find awesome
    try to grasp the lore of the game from books in the world and stuff like that

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST try to make a legendary or 2(yeah right :P )

OR
    you can just play and do stuff till you are bored and take a break and come back when they put new things its not like you pay to play

Bottom line GW2 is a PVE/PVP game that let you do what you do in other PVE games without the constant threat of staying behind in the progression of the game and in the end if you don't like doing all of the above then you are not meant to play this games,its just not your kind of games but don't worry there are countless other games besides MMOs out there.
    Last edited by antonatsis; 2012-10-09 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Naw, just gives the game a broader appeal. There is a factor of 10x more people that like to level than like to raid, at least.
    Eh. I don't know about that to be honest. When I read about, speak to or hear people not usually interested in MMOs they tend to mention the ""whats the point of leveling?" aspect. Or remark on the tedium leveling brings to the MMO genre.

The last couple of TGS podcasts had like 6 separate hosts remark on that being a turn off for them w/r/t MMOs, for example. I mean that sentiment is out there and there is an audience that is pretty whatever over "leveling up".

Not sure what raids have to do with it all though. I am saying level 1, 2, 3, 4... is pretty tiresome. I am even tired of it in non-MMOs like Torchlight or Borderlands. So arbitrary.

It was a mistake to drag this on for 80 levels in Guild Wars 2. The first games had a much better compromise and were more accurate to true player progression than the falsity provided by "level".
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-10-09 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wipeout View Post
    now what do i do ?..
    from the look of things the only thing i can do is...
    do WvW for pvp armor ( 1 in 100000000000 kills )
    farm millions of mats to make a legendary ( with a 0.05% success rate )
    farm a dungeon 52 times for a armor set ( not including weapons )
    farm mats to level crafting.

im not korean i really dont like farming for hours apon end.

so what can i do ?
    And what would you usually do in other games?
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh. I don't know about that to be honest. When I read about, speak to or hear people not usually interested in MMOs they tend to mention the ""whats the point of leveling?" aspect. Or remark on the tedium leveling brings to the MMO genre.

The last couple of TGS podcasts had like 6 separate hosts remark on that being a turn off for them w/r/t MMOs, for example. I mean that sentiment is out there and there is an audience that is pretty whatever over "leveling up".

Not sure what raids have to do with it all though. I am saying level 1, 2, 3, 4... is pretty tiresome. I am even tired of it in non-MMOs like Torchlight or Borderlands. So arbitrary.

It was a mistake to drag this on for 80 levels in Guild Wars 2. The first games had a much better compromise and were more accurate to true player progression than the falsity provided by "level".
    I totally understand your point fencers, and I support it up to a certain point, but the fact of not having levels would affect a lot of "old fashioned RPG players" (like most of us tend to be) asking stuff like "then why would we need progression?" "the game is just plain, there's no point on getting more stuff" and all that kind of nonesense that comes up.

I beleive that what a-net tried to do is to kind of take all that kind of comments away and get into a model we're "comfortable" up to a certain point that nobody can say stuff like "hey i'm at the same looks than this guy sitting next to me who just started playing and i'm level 80 full tier of content, why do i have to be with this (insert insult) noob next to me killing this epic boss who took me years to gear up!" (the entitled gamer issue is quite common in the RPG genre).

I must admit if GW2 didn't have any levels i would've looked at it weirdly, maybe I would've bought it too, and enjoyed it as much as I do, but it would have still felt somewhat weird (innovative to say the least)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Then try to convince you that just grinding the same events, instances, or mobs over and over is actual content.
    How is running one raid instance over and over any different?
    And
    Have you got your Dungeon Master title yet or did you give up?
    Valar morghulis