Thread: so im 80...

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

so im 80...

now what do i do ?..
    from the look of things the only thing i can do is...
    do WvW for pvp armor ( 1 in 100000000000 kills )
    farm millions of mats to make a legendary ( with a 0.05% success rate )
    farm a dungeon 52 times for a armor set ( not including weapons )
    farm mats to level crafting.

im not korean i really dont like farming for hours apon end.

so what can i do ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wipeout View Post
    so what can i do ?
    Anything.

/thread

Dunno, what was most fun to you during levelling? You could just do that.

Eh..Farming dugneons what?

Dungeons got changed, if you do 2 full runs, and do them properly aka 1-2 hours top for Citadel of Flame as example, you get 180 marks per day aka 2 days max per item, and not all items cost 300+ only one or two do, aka 7-8 days for full Flame Legion set which looks awesome.

Secondly you can craft.

Depending on class you can farm the items you want.

Complete the 4 level 70-80 areas to get materials, if you are lucky you might get lots needed for your own class, you want the exotics also, you might get something you can wear, or even break down to make items, averagely you are looking at 8 exotics, with some luck 24 globs of ectoplasm if not more, thats like 4 crafted items.

Gearing in GW2 is really easy if you have a couple of hours to spend per day, can literally craft an item in 2 hours.

Priority should be: Explore Cursed Shore->Malcor's -->Frostgorge-->Straits, get the exotics, total of like 2 gold and 160 random t6 mats which you can sell if you dont need or use them to craft stuff for your character.

Deleted
    You can do all the same stuff you did whilst levelling. I presume you had fun levelling, so why should you stop having fun now? If you don't enjoy any sort of farming / repetitive tasks at all, then I'm not convinced an MMO is the right game for you.

I'm not sure how you are calculating 52 dungeons for an armor set

An armor set costs I believe, off the top of my head, 1380 tokens.
    Doing each path 1x per day (3 paths per day) gives 180 tokens, ergo one full armor set = 7.6 days or 23 seperate runs assuming you've spaced them out for the bonus.

Legendaries are a lot of work yes, a lot of farming, grinding, playing the game, gold and a healthy dose of luck - but they're the rarest items in game, you wouldn't expect anything else.. there are plenty of other models in the game that take a lot less work to get.

Deleted
    Do what I did...get full exotic geared within a few days then never log back on again. Seriously if you don't like PvP there really isn't much to keep you playing past level 80. I loved the game from level 1-80 and the graphics are beautiful but there just wasn't enough to keep me logging on once I hit the level cap, the good thing is there's no monthly sub so my character is there ready if they decide to add some new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much what you said, grind grind grind!

10+ Year Old Account
    Complete dungeons, work on getting titles & achievements, collect mini-pets, collect gear for transmutation, do some Pvp....

Pretty much the same as you'd do in any other game only you have the luxury of the entire game staying relevant
    Valar morghulis

Play something else. GW2 endgame is 100% grind. If that isn't your thing, another game is the only fix at the moment.

do the same thing you were doing while leveling. Game doesnt change at 80 bro. Stop asking what do you do at 80 cuz its the same stuff you been doing since level 1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    The same thing you did while leveling, and nothing else.

/thread
    Fixed your post.

now what do i do ?..
    from the look of things the only thing i can do is...
    do WvW for pvp armor ( 1 in 100000000000 kills )
    farm millions of mats to make a legendary ( with a 0.05% success rate )
    farm a dungeon 52 times for a armor set ( not including weapons )
    farm mats to level crafting.

im not korean i really dont like farming for hours apon end.

so what can i do ?
    Threads like this make me sad.

If you treat gw2 like an mmo RPG you will find that its pretty normal.

I hit 100 in diablo 2. What do I do? Farm hell bosses x50000000000 for loots? IM NOT KOREAN GAWD

Final fantasy's were all about spending thousands of hours getting all the ultimates, unlockables, filling out the skill web stuff, whatever.

And people were happy about it. "ooo, look at the hundreds of hours of added game play to get 100% completion!"

Now if people are expected to try they are like "ugh. why do I have to grind in an RPG??!??!"

At least gw2 did the smart thing and disconnected gear from PVP so the guys who have the thousands of hours worth of spare time don't one shot you over and over because they have legendary's and you have a job.

This is so not the game to QQ about grinds in either. You have no subscription. You don't need gear in pvp. Just...

Sad.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Grinding =/= content. It's really that simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because they don't limit your access to content with a weekly lockout doesn't mean you have to grind it.

Some people just have no self control.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    The response was to hk-51 when he compares Final Fantasy's extra content to sheer grinding mats and doing the same dungeons over and over. It's not the same.

Just keep playing the game, assuming you liked it up to this point and weren't on some misguided mission to hit 80 "so the fun can start". If you enjoyed the game up to 80, you'll enjoy the game after 80, and the points/badges/tokens/whatever will come to you and you can get your stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    now what do i do ?..

so what can i do ?
    back to wow...

Deleted
    No grinding.

Just do PVP, or do a dungeon, or quest with your friends.

Just do whatever you want, and you end up looking like this.

What more would you want?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalfrezi View Post
    back to wow...
    To grind daily quests.....
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    To grind daily quests.....
    I'm raiding and I haven't done a single MoP daily quest. Go figure.