Thread: so im 80...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    It's the point that most players point at raiding as the pinnacle of endgame on WoW, if you disregard the PvP point of the game, it ends up in raiding on the very last end of content, if you take into account PvP... well it's a totally different story.
    In one thread, people say that hardly anyone in WoW actually raids.

In another thread - when it suits the topic - people say that the entire game revolves around raiding and suggest that's all anyone does, day in day out.

If you disregard raids in WoW, you can do PvP. Or 5-mans. Or finish all your quests. Or gather mats. Or do some crafting. Or play on the auction house. Or any number of things. In other words, the same things - with different presentation methods - that you do in GW2. And no one holds a gun to your head and makes you raid in WoW. Some people are perfectly happy playing it any way they want.

I couldn't last two days of MoP, missed GW2s gameplay so got a refund from blizzard of MoP.
    Yeah, GW2's gameplay - or more specifically, the potential I see in it - is the only thing that keeps me coming back. It really is good, and has a lot more that it can bring to the table.

Well, that and the fact that my wife would skin me if I brought up dropping another MMO so soon.
    Last edited by Bovinity Divinity; 2012-10-09 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    In one thread, people say that hardly anyone in WoW actually raids.

In another thread - when it suits the topic - people say that the entire game revolves around raiding and suggest that's all anyone does, day in day out.
    If you read it within the context it makes sense.

For those who say GW2's endgame is grindy we simply point out how grindy running one instance over and over for months on end is.

For those saying GW2 will fail because it has no raids, we point out how very few people raid.

GW2 offers the superior MMO experience with amazing graphics, character customization, plethora of things to do, jump puzzles, dynamic events and friendly community where the GMs don't allow the terribleness of foul language, sexually explicit names, where the game systems promote cooperation and coordination with shared nodes, easy group play, no possiblity of griefing or ganking, etc.

Really, we don't want your raiders
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.
    ~Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Wouldn't you go forward to MoP?

I couldn't last two days of MoP, missed GW2s gameplay so got a refund from blizzard of MoP.

different strokes for different folks
    Heh. I linked a video the other day to a call-in podcast [weird I know] where the question was asked about GW2's lack of traditional endgame. Josh Allen form Legendary and Tankspot put forth the idea that maybe without the reward structure a lot less people actually like the gameplay of hotkey, stat based MMOs.

I instantly thought of a poster here that once said he would have never really played MMOs if it wasn't for the social aspects. That he just wasn't excited by the gameplay of MMOs. I think that was you, actually.

Kind of a funny/weird association. But I would agree and have said before the vulgarity of World of Warcraft brought a lot of people into MMOs [& specifically raiding] who probably don't really like that style of gameplay.

This thread is going somewhat off-topic. It has got me thinking at the leveling/endgame structure though.

WoW isn't anywhere near as grindy (although a lot more since BC) and people are whining. GW2 is all grinding and nothing more, people are whining. MMO's can't win nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    GW2 offers the superior MMO experience with amazing graphics, character customization, plethora of things to do, jump puzzles, dynamic events and friendly community where the GMs don't allow the terribleness of foul language, sexually explicit names, where the game systems promote cooperation and coordination with shared nodes, easy group play, no possiblity of griefing or ganking, etc.

Really, we don't want your raiders
    This is quite a lot of subjective opinion. Your attitude is really close to being insulting too.

I understand you have a lot of animosity over World of Warcraft. I'm sorry you picked the wrong type of game for a few years/months/whatever.

Drop the backhanded BS though. Getting a bit close to game v game here.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-10-09 at 04:53 AM. Reason: sounded too harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    WoW isn't anywhere near as grindy (although a lot more since BC) and people are whining. GW2 is all grinding and nothing more, people are whining. MMO's can't win nowadays.
    Not sure what game you're playing. Everything in WoW is a grind. Raiding, PvP, leveling, all of it. In GW, leveling doesn't really matter and can be done at any pace without affecting the rest of the game, there's no gear treadmill in PvP, and there's no real raiding to speak of. Not to mention it's free, so there's no feeling of having to play a certain amount or getting a certain amount of new content out regularly to get your money's worth. I can't imagine how you can possibly consider that more grindy than WoW. Just because a few people with no self control can't help but grind everything that's grindable doesn't mean it's forced. I just think people are looking at GW the wrong way. I'd rather it wasn't even called an MMO, then people wouldn't have these assumptions of how the game should be, and could just play it for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Ehhh these types of posts really irk me. The grind in gw2 is optional. You chose whether you want to grind dungeons/legendaries in other mmos yu have to grind to stay competitive there is no other way. New content patch is out? you have strat grinding gear to stay competitive, thats the difference between gw2 grin and other mmo type of grind.

Hm. I don't think we are going back off from the precipice of World of Warcraft vs. every-other-MMO-ever-made on the World of Warcraft fansite MMO Champion.

Sigh.

- Fencers