Poll: What do you think about MoP?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Your thoughts on MoP?

Okay didn't visit MMO-Champ in a while,and didn't play WoW even longer,so i'm interested what's the general opinion on MoP?I know it's just beginning,but did you enjoy it so far?Got bored already?Feel something is missing?State your opinion in comments
    Last edited by mmoc8c42c518cc; 2012-10-08 at 11:57 AM.

It's not that its a bad expansion from my PoV, it's just, after 7 years of this game with little to no breaks it's bound to get dull and repetive evetually. So try it out for yourself, everyone is different

I like it, but it's gotten dreadfully boring right now. The dungeons are boring (and not because of their difficulty or lack thereof, they're just boring places), forced dailies are the absolute worst idea ever IMO, and in general the shine is just almost totally gone. I can't speak to raids yet but even those don't seem to be so amazing as to make up for the dullness of everything else. Don't get me wrong, the zones are very nice. The story is nice, just there's nothing else. I think I agree with the guy above, just not 7 years for me (more like 3): It's just gotten dull and repetitive after doing the same thing (sometimes in a slightly different way) over and over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    * Beautiful zones
    * Very good levelling experience
    * Dailies not nearly as boring as Cata
    * Progression content for everyone (Scenarios < Heroics < Challenge Modes)
    * Mounts, pets, achievements galore
    * Monks are fun to play

What's not to love?

Deleted
    Really impressed with the expansion so far, it's better than I was expecting to be honest. I wasn't even planning on buying MoP this time around after the disappointment of Cataclysm but the day before the release I thought screw it and gave it a go, the leveling zones were really nice and I generally enjoyed alot of the quests and dungeons, once I hit level 90 I released there's lots of content to keep us busy from heroics and challenge mode dungeons to the 9 million dailies quests available to us and this was all before the raids were even live.

Iv also had fun doing some of the things that made me facepalm when they was announced, I though the addition of pokewow was stupid but after picking it up and having a few battles I realized how addicting and well made it was, same goes for the farmville feature while it may not be brilliant it's extra content that gives us more options and that's always good.

The subscription numbers have started to rise again and if Blizzard can keep updating the game on a regular basis (4.1 already planned for the ptr so that's a good sign) I can only see this expansion being a success. Great start let's hope they can keep it up.

Deleted
    I am absolutely in love with this game again, but I have to say I missed the "bad" Cataclysm addon (cannot say something to this) and the WotlK Addon...but the changes from BC -> MoP are so damn awesome, I cannot believe in criticism I have heard before....especially after playing other "good" games the same criticising guy plays...so very well!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embody View Post
    It's not that its a bad expansion from my PoV, it's just, after 7 years of this game with little to no breaks it's bound to get dull and repetive evetually. So try it out for yourself, everyone is different
    Well not 7 years but a good 4 years here and i agree with you! Plus if you are in a big server get ready to endure 2k+ queues.
    Based on the above reasons i gave up before even getting 90 (25% off it) but you should try it urself we can give our opinions but none of those might be right for ya
    Retired

Deleted
    I'll try for 7 days.Does anyone know subs statistics on opening week?

10+ Year Old Account
    The core cancer, from Cata (late LK honestly, everything after Ulduar) is still in MoP. Would not touch it with a 50' pole.

The 'shine' is still on it atm, ask this question again in a couple weeks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    The core cancer, from Cata (late LK honestly, everything after Ulduar) is still in MoP. Would not touch it with a 50' pole.

LFG?LFR?What core cancer?

How do you know, if you haven't actually played it? If fact, what are you talking about anyway?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    I like it, but it's gotten dreadfully boring right now. The dungeons are boring (and not because of their difficulty or lack thereof, they're just boring places), forced dailies are the absolute worst idea ever IMO, and in general the shine is just almost totally gone. I can't speak to raids yet but even those don't seem to be so amazing as to make up for the dullness of everything else. Don't get me wrong, the zones are very nice. The story is nice, just there's nothing else. I think I agree with the guy above, just not 7 years for me (more like 3): It's just gotten dull and repetitive after doing the same thing (sometimes in a slightly different way) over and over again.
    I concur, so...Im lvling a Panda Monk!

The grind from 85-90 and the dailies are very dull as far as questing goes, the scenery is cool, some of the cinematics are nice, other than that, its the same ole grind..

Did I mention to level a panda monk?

Deleted

And what is this so called ''core cancer'' you speak of?

-Beautiful zones
    -Decent enough quests during leveling.
    -How they implemented dailies is absolutely terrible
    Setting aside the fact that you can get valor from raiding, I still have to do dailies to get the rep to use the valor. I don't like feeling like I have to log in to do dailies every day so that it dosn't take forever to get my reputation. I like to play the game at my own pace, not the predetermined snails pace that is the daily rep grind.
    -I didn't like the lack of dungeons while leveling to 90
    and the fact that the heroics turned out to be a complete joke just reinforces the idea that more than 4 should have had non-heroic modes to break up the repetitive leveling dungeon que.
    -Introduction of Scenarios and Callenge Modes were great additions to the game
    -With the account-wide status of pets, mounts and most achievements I have found a severe lacking of stuff to do on my alts.
    This is made worse by how quickly heroics go by. I used to hop on an alt to screw around and maybe grab an achievement while doing whatever, but now it seems like the only thing i have to legitimately do (since everything else is account-wide) is do more dailies for rep/valor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yoitsme View Post
    I'll try for 7 days.Does anyone know subs statistics on opening week?
    Irrelevant, all the first round of 'anallul pass' players, will drop away. Any gains will be moot.

LFR will kick back in, last boss will die in the first few hours and that's the Xpac...
    Last edited by Primernova; 2012-10-08 at 12:28 PM.

Irrelevant, all the first round of 'anallul pass' players, will drop away. Any gains will be moot.

LFR will kick back in, last boss will die in the first few hours and that's the Xpac...
    Were you not loved as a child? You post your opinions as if they were facts, maybe you should learn the basics to debate.

also *annual.
    I am Dave ! Yognaught, and I have the balls!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yoitsme View Post
    Okay didn't visit MMO-Champ in a while,and didn't play WoW even longer,so i'm interested what's the general opinion on MoP?I know it's just beginning,but did you enjoy it so far?Got bored already?Feel something is missing?State your opinion in comments
    You couldn't just check the other 59 threads about this same thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's 'anallul' actually.

And I post from vast experience TYVM.

as a whole so far the xpac is similar to all the rest of the past xpacs , leveling zones, quests and at max level you have heroics and first tier raids,
    so there is no point in comparing yet.

but personaly, i didnt and still dont like the concept of this xpac.
    starting from what is the real reason that compels us to go to pandaria? its just an island.

WAR? - a weak and shallow reason as a 20+ years player in the warcraft franchise...there has always been a compflict or war on the horizon, not a solid reason for an xpac.

the SHA and Mantid? - very situational and local villains , if we wouldnt have steped on pandaria - they both were gone.. nothing is realy wrong in pandaria and the island could still be in the mists for another thousands of years without any problem.

all the new main features of this xpac , the pandaren playable race and the new monk class are portrayed in a very walt disney/cartoonish style ...and full of contradictions:
    -a peacefull race for thousands of years and generations, yet they have fighting skills that put us all to shame without special armor or weapons as if they are the new god mode (as portrayed in the cinematic)
    -experts in martial arts, yet they have overweighted bodys , a race of ppl who prefer to meditate and brew/drink beer all day long.
    -general animations of rolling on the floor or cuddling in the air like fur balls is a bit crossing the ridiculous line even in an old 8 years old game.

they could have come up with a fantastic ancient asian concept xpac that could resemble "the last samurai" movie instead "the drunk master" action comedy, yet they worked very hard to be more of a continuation of all the animated martial arts movies for kids from the last few years .

i realy didnt like all those quests fixing those farms and getting rid of vermins all during Vot4w..

starting from what is the real reason that compels us to go to pandaria? its just an island.
    Alliance end up there looking for Anduin Wrynn that was kidnapped by horde. That's kinda hard to miss, even if you don't read any quest text.