Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Dark theme for MMO-champion(for use with stylish)

Been working in stylish trying to create a dark theme for the website. Its a bit of a work in progress, anyone that is interested in trying it out for me and giving some feedback can find it here http://userstyles.org/styles/76166/mmo-champion-dark.

Here are some larger images to view the design.
    http://imgur.com/KOiui
    http://imgur.com/h3Obh
    http://imgur.com/vJAil
    http://imgur.com/Rbj3c
    http://imgur.com/puNPW
    Last edited by Dyroc; 2012-10-09 at 11:46 AM. Reason: updated pictures

Deleted
    Would love to try it but afraid to click links from users with recent join dates + few posts :'(

10+ Year Old Account
    While I think dark theme would be surely nice for those who prefer dark themes. But you must make sure that all content would look fine on the dark theme (ie the text, buttons etc). Also you should include rather larger screen and multiple screens. Its much more safer, some people may not trust you with downloading certain files.
    -K

it seems safe. im not getting any warnings.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    it seems safe. im not getting any warnings.
    Great, i checked it out and it seems fine.
    I miss having a dark theme :/

installed it, and it looks nice i hope it doesn't give any problems with viewing content though, but i guess time will tell.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here is an image if you feel safer just looking at that. http://i.imgur.com/PScn2.png

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 07:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    installed it, and it looks nice i hope it doesn't give any problems with viewing content though, but i guess time will tell.
    I've updated it a few times when i run across things I've missed, I'll try to keep up to date with it the best I can, if anyone notices anything feel free to comment here or on userstyles.org, and ill do my best to fix anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyroc View Post
    Here is an image if you feel safer just looking at that. http://i.imgur.com/PScn2.png

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 07:25 AM ----------

I've updated it a few times when i run across things I've missed, I'll try to keep up to date with it the best I can, if anyone notices anything feel free to comment here or on userstyles.org, and ill do my best to fix anything.
    Trying it now, seems to work great.
    Found a "bug" though, the report icon is barely visable.

Cheers!

10+ Year Old Account
    • The View topic page has to be worked on, it feels too out-of-place with all these white borders all over the place. Maybe make them grey.
    • The View forum page is the same as above, way too make borders which make it look rather cheap.
    • The buttons for reply, reply with quote and multi-quote could be changed from grey to some other colour, whether its green, yellow, possibly orange or something else.
    • The quote should be improved. You could make the wrapper bigger and rounded edges.
    • The front page text is grey, while I can see it, it should really stand out more.
    • Last Edited post could be changed to red or some other color, since the background is grey, any grey text is rather useless.

Other then that looks decent.
    Last edited by Mister K; 2012-10-08 at 12:31 PM.
    -K

One thing i'd like to have changed (minor detail) is the thin white line in the top of a qouted text. it bugs me, though i can live with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by H3llion View Post
    The View topic page has to be worked on, it feels too out-of-place with all these white borders all over the place. Maybe make them grey.
    The View forum page is the same as above, way too make borders which make it look rather cheap.
    The buttons for reply, reply with quote and multi-quote could be changed from grey to some other colour, whether its green, yellow, possibly orange or something else.

Other then that looks decent.
    Noticed the boxes while changing forum aswell, looks out of place when [Druid] and so on has a grey background.

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 02:30 PM ----------

The grey background is visibly when a post have for than one page aswell, only thing that bugs me sofar.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by H3llion View Post
    While I think dark theme would be surely nice for those who prefer dark themes. But you must make sure that all content would look fine on the dark theme (ie the text, buttons etc). Also you should include rather larger screen and multiple screens. Its much more safer, some people may not trust you with downloading certain files.
    The project site currently limits my images to 100kb so I'm restricted there a little.

The icons are something I can't just swap colors on unfortunately, I will need to make new images to replace them which will take some time, hoping the bright white text will do for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyroc View Post
    The project site currently limits my images to 100kb so I'm restricted there a little.

The icons are something I can't just swap colors on unfortunately, I will need to make new images to replace them which will take some time, hoping the bright white text will do for now.
    If you are allowed to swap the images then simply save the images (example using Firefox View Page Info and going to the media tab) and then recoloring them in software such as Photoshop which is rather easy.

Maybe look around for a better place to host your project on. Or get free Webhosting which usually allows 1GB of space and see if you can add the "Add to Firefox" to the web page.

Anyway, its a good start
    Last edited by Mister K; 2012-10-08 at 12:36 PM.
    -K

Deleted
    And the .png format makes the images very small in size and can have transparent backgrounds.
    Not a scriptwebsitekidd so not sure, but when i did our website that was the format i used and it seems to be standard.(?)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cleaned up a lot of the borders, and fixed some text, a lot of it is linked so I'm hoping it didn't destroy some on other pages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by internetheroxD View Post
    Would love to try it but afraid to click links from users with recent join dates + few posts :'(
    You're being silly. Just look at the URL or google it. You can tell it's a legit website.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by internetheroxD View Post
    Isn't hovering over the link and seeing where it goes enough? I mean I understand people wanting to avoid going to a malicious site, but checking the link, having any sort of decent internet security software installed and using a decent browser is more than enough to stop anything malicious from happening before it can. Judging someones link because he only recently joined the forums (could have lurked them for years for all we know) and has a few posts seems pretty silly to me, surely you can use your common sense a bit to figure out if it is some sort of spam/scam or not.

OT: Sure OP I'll give your dark theme a try.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Isn't hovering over the link and seeing where it goes enough? I mean I understand people wanting to avoid going to a malicious site, but checking the link, having any sort of decent internet security software installed and using a decent browser is more than enough to stop anything malicious from happening before it can. Judging someones link because he only recently joined the forums (could have lurked them for years for all we know) and has a few posts seems pretty silly to me, surely you can use your common sense a bit to figure out if it is some sort of spam/scam or not.

And if you read more than 1 post you can see that i did all this and tried it
    Was just cautious, would not have been the first time a virus would be spread on forums, just sayin'

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Updated with some more visible text and reply icons. The icons are a bit harder than I first thought, they seem to have gone all multilayered on me so I'm attempting some workarounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post

You would be surprised how many attacks can happen, hovering over the link sometimes is not enough. Even if the link is legit, the content provided on the site may not be affiliated by the host. Also Java exploits going around recently and plenty of other loopholes the attack could use.
    -K