15+ Year Old Account

Everything is Covered But Pet Battles!

This site could use a subforum solely devoted to pet battles. If it wouldn't take up much time or convenience, I would like to see one added.

P.S. : I would volunteer to moderate it as well. That's how much I love pet battles. :P
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    I must say, I was one of the people who thought it was a stupid addition, but after delving into it just a little they are surprisingly fun.

I was shocked there wasn't a subforum for them already when I looked yesterday.

15+ Year Old Account
    My team is already full level 25 and I've gotten past the 250 pets mark. Furthermore, I'm nearing the 50 rares caught mark (I could have surpassed it but I usually just wait for an uncommon and catch it and move on to the next pet).

But "General Discussion" just seems insulting to pet battles. It's not general discussion! It's pet battle discussion!

I mean, we have a WHOLE subforum now doing nothing. It sits there and collects dust. Let's change it and give us pet battlers something to hang out in!

Definitely needed, yeah. If not now, then later when everyone has got their reputations capped, their alts levelled, and are just waiting for their raid to start. We're going to get a lot more people interested in pet battles at that time.

Unfortunately I haven't had much time to get into it, but I fully plan on doing so as soon as I can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well there is one for achievements so i don't see why there shouldn't be one for pet battles. So i fully support this and actually believe that for a dedicated wow news site its indeed lacking to not have one.

To be honest... what can you actually discuss if pet battles had their own subforum? There would definatly be a thread like ''What's your current pet team?'', but outside of that I don't see many other threads that could be interesting enough to be active for a while. Maybe some ''You can find X and Y pet here and there'' threads and stuff, or ''What is your favorite pet?'' thread.

I just fear that a pet battle subforurm would try out too early, once everything has been discussed already. I personally would like a lore subforum instead, there's a ton of discussion with that subject, and it keeps coming every patch. The Warcraft lore in general is already very lich.

To be honest... what can you actually discuss if pet battles had their own subforum?
    Move sets? Typing meta? Looking for a third to balance out a team? Keep in mind that Blizzard says they intend to keep the ball rolling with pet battle updates. Who knows if they'll do a good job of that -- but if they keep expanding on it then it would be worth a subforum sooner or later. Blizzard gave it an official one. I suspect they have reasons in mind for that.

I think one reason to do it is to keep it all in one place. You'd be doing the other subforums (like the Achievements one) a favor by getting all the pet-related stuff somewhere organized.

I think we'll end up with one eventually. Even if it takes a couple of patches.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Move sets? Typing meta? Looking for a third to balance out a team? Keep in mind that Blizzard says they intend to keep the ball rolling with pet battle updates. Who knows if they'll do a good job of that -- but if they keep expanding on it then it would be worth a subforum sooner or later. Blizzard gave it an official one. I suspect they have reasons in mind for that.

I think one reason to do it is to keep it all in one place. You'd be doing the other subforums (like the Achievements one) a favor by getting all the pet-related stuff somewhere organized.

I think we'll end up with one eventually. Even if it takes a couple of patches.
    Also where to find rare pets! Guides on how to do it well... actually I think there is lots of potential.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, more extensive guides on how to catch rare pets would be marvelous indeed. Most especially weather or time specific pets.

Deleted
    WTB a sub forum for Pet Battles.
    The guides to capturing weather bound/season bound pets, theorycrafting behind the best pets, information in general.

It would spark sick discussions and probably more traffic to MMO-Champz.

That's my 2 cents yo.

Deleted
    Got my vote.

15+ Year Old Account
    No point in posting to vote; go out there and make threads!

Also, for a (closed) record of previous discussion, see here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...attle-Subforum