will of the emperor

first attempts at WOE tonight. making sure im not forgetting anything. Please share your wisdom as i am nothing more than a noob.
    videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH-di_D1rhM - live kill
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuV1ikqf8DY - fatboss beta guide

affliction spell priority

SB:COE whenever a new wave of adds come out
    SB:SS everything
    haunt/MG on adds. then, bosses
    drain soul anything below 20% to recover shards

seems pretty simple.

utility

portal placement: in the middle of the room where range will be stacked?

burning rush should be good imo to get behind the "adds with the celestial shield" quickly. you have to be behind them to damage them. also, just getting to the adds quicker to dot them up.

shadow fury will aoe stun the adds. very nice talent for this fight. it's better to stun these adds bc they die so quickly. CCs like fear and tornado will either break or slow down the process of killing adds.

didn't see too much dmg hitting the range, so kiljaeden's cunning should be good if you like using it.

this will be on 10 man. on 25 man it looked like there would be aoe cuz more adds spawn, but i only watched 3 attempts of 25. first thing i thought when i saw 25 man attempts: demo spec + mannoroth's fury = win?

Deleted
    Destro spec = win (and a lot of fun in this hectic fight)
    The three warlock specs seem really great for this fight.

As for talents Shadowfury is nice (as other talents of other classes) to keep the 4 guys together and kill them quickly, also Burning Rush for the reason you gave (in the end I didn't use it that much except for the first pop of shield-adds). I put my portal in the middle of the room too.

Hello, Operator. Just killed this last night personally.

Here are my notes:
    SB:COE whenever a new wave of adds come out - No. Just do it on the strength, and the 2 big bosses(single COE, save shards). The rages die too soon, and I feel that the global on the courage is also wasted. Depends on your groups dps however. If they die too slow, go ahead.

SB:SS Everything - Yes

haunt/MG on adds. then, bosses - Yes. Kill order should be courage, then strength, then rage, then boss. If you are only getting the main bosses down about 75% per add phase you are doing fine, we killed the boss during our 4th titan gas. When DPSing the strength and courage, cc the rages, and you can also quickly SB:SS the bosses to keep dots rolling.

drain soul anything below 20% to recover shards - Yep

seems pretty simple. - I actually use more APM on this fight than when I am playing SC2, but that is what makes it fun. The concept is simple, the execution keeps me on my toes.

portal placement: in the middle of the room where range will be stacked? - Yes

burning rush should be good imo to get behind the "adds with the celestial shield" quickly. you have to be behind them to damage them. also, just getting to the adds quicker to dot them up. - Exactly. Watch out though, that frontal shield hurts not just the tanks. Make sure you go around them not through them.'

shadow fury will aoe stun the adds. very nice talent for this fight. it's better to stun these adds bc they die so quickly. CCs like fear and tornado will either break or slow down the process of killing adds. - Yes. There will be times when 3-4 are up, not just 2, unless your DPS in your group is sick good. At this time, dont be afraid to fear/have shamans hex/etc. Our mage was using circle of frost as well. All CC is good CC

didn't see too much dmg hitting the range, so kiljaeden's cunning should be good if you like using it. - The only time this will come into play is getting behind the courage. If you are fast on the courage, and move your camera to see where he is spawning, you can actually select him before he hits the floor, SB:SS onto him, and haunt him before he gets his shield up. I then ignored him until he was past our shielding before I DS'd him, and still ended up with more damage on him than anyone else. I ignored him half the time, but was quick enough to get dots on him INSTANTLY. I personally used Archimondes vengeance active ability during titan gas on one of the bosses.

One thing to add. You can demon gate behind the group a bit and they can use it if they need help kiting the rages off of them. Also, when you CC a rage, after the CC breaks it finds a new target and does its little "point" all over again, so any CC you do, even if it is an instant break fear, still adds a second or 2 to their attack delay cause they have to emote a new target.

You can get dots up on the shield guys before they ever cast their shield if you are quick enough, can save you some down time while you are running to get behind one.

Deleted
    Does MG's canalisation stop, if you had the time to SB:SS + MG before the shield comes up ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Does MG's canalisation stop, if you had the time to SB:SS + MG before the shield comes up ?
    Not sure if it stops the cast, i was actually demo for our kill, but the window is quite small before the shield is up, not sure if you can get off a SS and MG at all.

Good question though i would like too know as well if someone knows.

i would recommend glyphing soul consumption(kill enemy with drain soul restores 20% max health), to help the healers when u get targeted by a rage or taking dmg from stuff since theres always something about to die that u can drain soul
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Zumzum, i see you've been practicing your shadowburn sniping skills to get that #1 rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasprodeth View Post
    Zumzum, i see you've been practicing your shadowburn sniping skills to get that #1 rank.
    GD sniped like a boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasprodeth View Post
    Not sure if it's a mockery or not, but yeah it has been pretty fun

nah i did too, got 3rd, didnt snipe as good as you lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of CoE as affliction, just take 1 Demo with MF. (25man ofc)
    On normal at least, the fight is way too simple to treat it like rocket science.
    Last edited by Elmi; 2012-10-08 at 08:49 PM.