Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

With all the negative post, I'm going to post a positive one

I'm tired of seeing all the negativity here. I don't care if so many people don't like it. I do. I raided all content so far, except the latest, I've played 2 empire toons to 50 and one republic toon to 50. I can't play 4+ hours a day like most people yet I dont' consider myself a casual gamer since I like raiding. I played WoW for many years, once Cata released, I like many, that was the last straw. While I had many good memories in Wow, it was time to move on.

I tried Rift, Tera, and Aion and while I think all those games are great in there own way, they didn't hold me. The only game I'll never walk away from is Eve Online, been there for two years and I'm the kind of player that hopes for a good sandbox to come out soon. Before playing SWTOR, I had never played another Star Wars game, or even read any of the books. Once I started playing and reading the lore from the Codex, I was hooked. To be honest, I don't have much trust in EA. The only thing that scares me about this game is that EA controls it.

Bottom line, I'm loving SWTOR, have been since launch. All these bugs people report, I've not seen 90% of them, people in my guild have said the same. They don't ever see bugs either. It causes me to think people are just making stuff up just because they want the game to fail. (personal opinion). If you love a story and fun pvp and raiding, this is the place to be. Again, I do realize it won't please everyone, but I and a few WoW refugee's are having a great time.

Working on a Powertech Bounty Hunter atm, only 19, but it's fun. Anyways, it was time for a post praising the game instead of more bashing. I know how forums are, and how SWTOR haters are. I'm prepared to be flamed to hell and back only for posting that I enjoy the game. I'll never understand that, but haters hate. Cheers!
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's awesome to see someone else liking the game, but I will go ahead and warn you that this - just like every other post like this - will draw out every person that wants to criticize, rant, and straight up bash the game. I have enjoyed my experiences in it as well. Hopefully we hear more on the F2P options soon.

I, too, still have a good time playing SWTOR. It's still my favorite MMO, and I can't even seem to get into others. Story, as a driving force, really does appeal to a person like me. I also like their raiding content and have insane amounts of fun PvPing.

I can't wait for the new warzone and HK-51 to come out. Pretty glad to have been a sub all this time, so I'll get an assload of cartel coins when FTP comes around.
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

Too often people can be centered around the bashing. TOR has some great features an interactive moral choice and unique class quest they no other game has. It's a very compelling story. Sure it has flaw's but every game coming out has them. We need to see the entire picture instead of tiny things. It's a fun game. I played every empire toon class quest and only have two on the republic side to finish.

It's a good game.

I'm not here to hate, but trust me when I tell you that, just because you don't see bugs, doesn't mean they aren't there. You can look at my posting history prior to the end of July. I defended this game to no end. But, while it's not a buggy mess, there are a shitload of bugs in it. One of the reasons I quit was due to lackadaisical bug fixing.

Although I'm not playing swtor anymore, I thoroughly enjoyed it. After all of my friends and my guild quit though, I didn't feel like I had enough of a reason to stay. It made me sad leaving though. Despite it's MANY flaws, I thought it was overall a very enjoyable game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, no flaming comments lol. Well, at least I was ready for it. Thanks for the kind words about the game.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

man thank you for putting up such a positive post. I myself am SOOOO loving this game.

4 lvl 50s and climbing and currently running through the TfB HMs with guild and SM for alts. I have been with WoW for years and NEVER seen the type of boss fight styles in this game. the puzzle bosses are AWSOME especially the newest in TfB. Minesweeoer is still a blast in HM and EV is still pretty cool after running it so mant times. KP is kinda meh now.

the stories are really a blast for me and its why i have all but 1 slot left in my acct. this game is great and it really needs to be said more often. yea it will have its flaws but in the end it really is a great game

Quote Originally Posted by select20 View Post
    Working on a Powertech Bounty Hunter atm, only 19, but it's fun.
    Man...... just wait till you get grapple.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Too often people can be centered around the bashing. TOR has some great features an interactive moral choice and unique class quest they no other game has. It's a very compelling story. Sure it has flaw's but every game coming out has them. We need to see the entire picture instead of tiny things. It's a fun game. I played every empire toon class quest and only have two on the republic side to finish.

It's a good game.
    At this point it is often the ppl that do like the game that are the ones bashing it the most. They see something they really like and don't agree with changes or direction and become scorned or they think they see many ways it could or should be better. I for one can't speak to what is needed or goes into making a game great. I can say that it is a fun game, but just seems to be missing something that could make it so much better. Some of the issues I or others have had are just things that happen in a new game, some are the designers tripping over themselves doing things. The second one is what really irks ppl.

---------- Post added 2012-10-03 at 05:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Potato Bus View Post
    Man...... just wait till you get grapple.
    Grapple just might be the best thing in the game. It certainly makes grappleball aka huttball so much more fun.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by select20 View Post
    I'm tired of seeing all the negativity here. I don't care if so many people don't like it. I do. I raided all content so far, except the latest, I've played 2 empire toons to 50 and one republic toon to 50. I can't play 4+ hours a day like most people yet I dont' consider myself a casual gamer since I like raiding. I played WoW for many years, once Cata released, I like many, that was the last straw. While I had many good memories in Wow, it was time to move on.

I tried Rift, Tera, and Aion and while I think all those games are great in there own way, they didn't hold me. The only game I'll never walk away from is Eve Online, been there for two years and I'm the kind of player that hopes for a good sandbox to come out soon. Before playing SWTOR, I had never played another Star Wars game, or even read any of the books. Once I started playing and reading the lore from the Codex, I was hooked. To be honest, I don't have much trust in EA. The only thing that scares me about this game is that EA controls it.

Bottom line, I'm loving SWTOR, have been since launch. All these bugs people report, I've not seen 90% of them, people in my guild have said the same. They don't ever see bugs either. It causes me to think people are just making stuff up just because they want the game to fail. (personal opinion). If you love a story and fun pvp and raiding, this is the place to be. Again, I do realize it won't please everyone, but I and a few WoW refugee's are having a great time.

Working on a Powertech Bounty Hunter atm, only 19, but it's fun. Anyways, it was time for a post praising the game instead of more bashing. I know how forums are, and how SWTOR haters are. I'm prepared to be flamed to hell and back only for posting that I enjoy the game. I'll never understand that, but haters hate. Cheers!
    If you're trying to imply that false accusations is the leading cause for why millions of people quit the game... then you're not only VERY egotistical, but you're also very naive.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I agree that it is a good game. I really enjoyed the questing while I was there and when it goes F2P I will be finishing my characters off. My only issue was having to justify spending another $15 a month (I already pay for WoW) so the F2P option will definitly bring me back to SWTOR. Cant wait to get back to it xD

I love this game , played wow pretty hardcore since vanilla, some rift on release, and some LOTRO, but this one is really something that i see myself playing for a long time. I mean yeah the game had issues, but i have seen other games doing alot worse when they were released, and they ended up pretty good in the end.
    Positive feedback is needed online, since everyone that wanted to try the game always read something retarded like "OMG WOW IS BETTER LOL SWTOR BAD" and they dont even try the game. I think with this "free" 2 play option alot of those people will finaly expirience the game, and i think a lot of them will stay, especialy when you know that the game will only improve, and has only been improving since release. When i came back to swtor (had to stop after release due to irl stuff) everything was alot better allready. I hope it continues. Anyway, i support threads like this, i think there should be more support on other parts of internet, the game deserves it in my oppinion.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    SWTOR kicks ass.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Grapple just might be the best thing in the game. It certainly makes grappleball aka huttball so much more fun.
    One of my favorite things to do in a Huttball matchup was, if we really had no chance of winning, waiting at my own goal line and grappling the ball carrier to the score. At least I wasn't quitting the match and finishing. I just didn't want to waste more time than necessary in order to lose.

Still enjoying the time after 5 lvl 50 chars and still willing to do the same questline again to level up another subclass.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    If you're trying to imply that false accusations is the leading cause for why millions of people quit the game... then you're not only VERY egotistical, but you're also very naive.
    While I experience my fair share of bugs.... people shouldn't forget that they might be situational and not apply to everyone. Whenever there was a general bug (like Illum turrets) they tried to fix it asap. If the bug is only occuring to a few people it will take longer because there are more factors to take into account.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    One of my favorite things to do in a Huttball matchup was, if we really had no chance of winning, waiting at my own goal line and grappling the ball carrier to the score. At least I wasn't quitting the match and finishing. I just didn't want to waste more time than necessary in order to lose.
    This is one of the more retarded things to do. Not only would I love to kick people like you the instant they decide to take the fate into their own hands but you also should get a warzone debuff, for deliberately damaging your team, for a few hours. Players like you should seriously consider why they play something and what their action is going to mean to others. Just because you are "incognito" behind your screen really shouldn't take away that you take some kind of responibility for your actions and stop being a dick. You do learn sometimes more from a defeat than from a win.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    If you grapple someone up to the ledge just in front of the spawn gate, it tends to kill them and reset the ball. Or at least it did previously, I haven't done it in awhile. Be careful not to give yourself the deserter buff.

I'll admit I've grappled an enemy with the intent of helping him score before, but it is a very seldom occurrence and only in the absolute worst matches (think premade composed of geared lvl 45-49 players vs an uncoordinated pug team with 1 or 2 ppl above 20 and we're getting farmed at 0-5. side note: most of my pvp experience is in the lowbie queue)

Quote Originally Posted by Potato Bus View Post
    If you grapple someone up to the ledge just in front of the spawn gate, it tends to kill them and reset the ball. Or at least it did previously, I haven't done it in awhile. Be careful not to give yourself the deserter buff.

I'll admit I've grappled an enemy with the intent of helping him score before, but it is a very seldom occurrence and only in the absolute worst matches (think premade composed of geared lvl 45-49 players vs an uncoordinated pug team with 1 or 2 ppl above 20 and we're getting farmed at 0-5. side note: most of my pvp experience is in the lowbie queue)
    I'm also mostly playing in the 10-49 bracket due to extensive alt playing. The lvl isn't the issue, the players are and if I see that... as soon as I started playing with my mercenary at lvl 10 I mostly outdamage any player.... the biggest problem just are the people.

I was always against to force people to win because usually it's not entirely your fault. However, now that we end up being only 6 or 7 in the group (probably to counter the inability of republic players to win an even game) I'm beginning to change my mind.

lvl 13

Deleted
    I also find TOR a lot of fun, I've played it since Beta apart from a month out over August and I've enjoyed every minute....well not every minute, there have been some frustrating WZs but that was down to players not the game

There are faults but nothing in life is perfect, for me the good things massively outweigh the bad things.

Lets just hope the haters stay away from this one.

I actually find myself itching to come back and play this game again. I think I will once my sub for wow ends in a couple of weeks.