Poll: Would you vote for the candidate of a different party if yours sucked?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida

Would you vote for the candidate of a different party if yours sucked?

Basically I'd like to know how many people would be willing to vote out of party line or stick to their party.

Yes, if I thought they were better for the country. I'd vote for Bill Clinton today, I think he was a good president and I think he's a good guy.

Don't ever tell my coworkers that.

Deleted
    Yeah. Thats kinda what I did last general election.
    I generally vote Labour but I voted for the Liberal Democrats =P oh well.

I wish there was ANY candidate running for Presidential election that wasn't a career politician d-bag. Hasn't been one in my lifetime, unfortunately.

I don't have a party, it's foolish to restrict yourself to one set of ideals. So, if I did have a party I would sure switch if I liked the other person better.

Not that I'd vote anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by digal View Post
    Yeah. Thats kinda what I did last general election.
    I generally vote Labour but I voted for the Liberal Democrats =P oh well.
    Same here, never again though with that lying sack of crap.

PPUK next for me, even if I have to write it on myself.

I'm a conservative in the USA, but the GOP has distorted what conservatism really is; therefore I must vote Democrat for greater fear of the "conservative"'s candidate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a democrat. I'm voting for the Republican candidates for Texas Railroad Commissioner this year.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Other since I'm not american. I'm tehnically in line with social-democrat ideas, however the social-democrat party in my country is stupid, so yes, yes I would. Now, if only there actually was a better candidate to vote for... but unfortunately all are idiots.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Yes, if I thought they were better for the country. I'd vote for Bill Clinton today, I think he was a good president and I think he's a good guy.

Don't ever tell my coworkers that.
    I'm telling!

I would vote for the better candidate, regardless of party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im a independent but i lean conservative so i will say for now i'm "Republican" although i hate labeling. I will vote for whoever i believe will run my country the best.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

10+ Year Old Account
    Democrat and no. Greens tend to have whacko far-left wingers in their midsts, Libertarians are my arch-nemeses as a Social Democrat, and Constitution Party people are probably the worst of the lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Putting this out there: If you or anyone votes according to PARTY, not the representative, then you are a sad mistake. Not all candidates in the same party have the same opinions. I thought that most intelligent people would vote for the better man, not "OH HE ISN'T IN MY PARTY... NOPE." That is further pushing it into a popularity contest and not a "best man for the job" sort of thing.

I know the latter is completely subjective, but at least it's not as bad as voting Repub/Democrat every year just because you do it every year.

I will only vote for a candidate that thinks that it's the job of individuals and communities to rise up and bring the hope and change we want, not the government's.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd probably only ever vote for democrats, but if the democratic candidate was bad,I'd probably have to vote Micky Mouse. I would never vote for green, or tea party, or other anarchists. Perhaps in the future when there are some more authoritative (but not TOO authoritative, that would be bad for this particular country) candidate, I'd probably vote for them.

I can't imagine voting for a Republican for national office in the fashion the party is presently constituted. Aside from differing on many specific policy issues, a number of the party's fundamental tenets are things I regard as deeply immoral.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not american, but in my country my vote goes to the person who i think is the best candidate.

Of course! If you're well aware they're going to be a terrible president, don't vote for them! That shouldn't even be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.