Blademaster

Choosing Gems - What to pick

Heya

After some research I'm not sure what to pick for some sockets;

I`m no hardcore player, I'm talking in gemming hc blues and first 1 or 2 epics.

Red socket;
    Should I go for Int+haste to get haste capped? or keep going for 160int?

Yellow;
    For yellow gem its pretty obvious that I should go for 320haste before haste cap.
    After haste cap I should go probably to 80int+160haste right?

Blue
    As hit cap seems hard to reach at this ilvl, I think I should go to 80int+160spirit.
    After hit cap, seems that 80int+160spirit is still the best choice

Last question;
    I see some websites saying that 160haste is better than 80int (or 320haste better than 160int) when not haste capped, is this correct?

cheers

1st: I will assume you're talking about shadow. If this is the case, I have extensively tested int+haste gemming and haste gemming. I actually find that haste gemming has given me a larger bump in DPS than int+haste gems.

2nd: Your main goal should be getting to Haste break point (8084) > hit/spirit to 15% > crit > mastery

3rd: After obtaining your haste break point, begin gemming back to intellect.

there is no point in gemming pure hastegames unless you can reach the breakpoint with it
    Thanks for that awesome signature i4ni

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...ck/Ravy/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyna View Post
    there is no point in gemming pure hastegames unless you can reach the breakpoint with it
    Do you have sims to back that up? i've found it to be very close with in-game testing

Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    Do you have sims to back that up? i've found it to be very close with in-game testing
    I have sims that predict that Int gems are appreciably better when moving between 4k and 5k haste. That's at least consistent with his claim, even if it doesn't provide info about all possabilities.

Gem Brilliant in red sockets, Purified in blue sockets, and Reckless in yellow sockets.

Don't use "funky" (like pure haste, haste/spirit, etc) unless you are very close to 8085. Please note that the breakpoint IS 8085, not 8084 like someone previously said.

I doubt you'll get close to reaching the haste breakpoint until best-in-slot (here's my bis spreadsheet, if you're interested http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2072)

MoP Guides, Raiding and Pre-Raiding BiS Lists, Theorycrafting, Healing/DPS Help & More!

Keyboard Turner
    i was able to get to 8085 gemming haste but i think i lost too much int along the way