Chi Exploit or Clever Use of Mechanics?

Not sure if this has been noticed, but when you miss with a spinning fire blossom, it refunds your Chi. In addition, it seems to reset the timer on the decay of the Chi as well. Because of this I've been capping my Chi between fights with expel harm, and just running around spamming spinning fire blossom to keep capped on Chi. I know the benefit isn't huge, but is this an intended mechanic or possibly an exploit?

Unless it gets brought up by the devs in a future hotfix, it's likely just going to be a benign oversight. Part of the Mistweaver preparation is to use out-of-battle healing (that uses very little mana, anyway) to cap your chi so you can put out a lot of burst healing right off the bat.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I doubt any "clever uses" are ever intended.

Also I like how using expel harm on cooldown actually seems to generate chi faster than it decays.

Probably goes to the same category of using Expel Harm + T30 to keep Tigereye Brew up and pop it just before engaging the boss. Not intended but certainly not something you'd ever get banned from.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I doubt any "clever uses" are ever intended.

Also I like how using expel harm on cooldown actually seems to generate chi faster than it decays.
    It doesn't though, Chi begins to decay before EH comes off cooldown.

My rough hazard based purely from casual observation pegs the Chi decay at 10sec or so. EH has a 15sec CD.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    if you are WW, you can generate chi out of combat with Expel harm because although decay is faster than the CD of EH you generate 2 chi per Expel harm, loose one chi, and then another 2 chi and then loose one eventually you be sitting at 5 chi

For Mistweavers of course you just heal out of combat to pump up your chi, you would be stupid not to!

Brewmasters are the only ones who can't really start a fight at full chi by generating out of combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    if you are WW, you can generate chi out of combat with Expel harm because although decay is faster than the CD of EH you generate 2 chi per Expel harm, loose one chi, and then another 2 chi and then loose one eventually you be sitting at 5 chi

For Mistweavers of course you just heal out of combat to pump up your chi, you would be stupid not to!

Brewmasters are the only ones who can't really start a fight at full chi by generating out of combat.
    And it makes me cry salty tears of despair

Nah, we just start the fight with Keg Smash. Hits like a truck on steroids, that's all the snap threat I need!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah sucks BrM can't generate Chi outside of combat, guess we can just duel people before a boss fight!
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

If there's enough chitchat before you pull a boss, you can even even start a boss fight at full Tigereye brew stacks by casting Expel Harm and one of your chi healing spells from talents like Zen Sphere

Refunding Chi on miss is intended; delaying Chi decay out of combat clearly isn't. Clearly a bug.