Page 1 of 10
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Warriors and the hate...

    Hey guys!

    I've been playing warrior since vanilla, and tbh most of the time we have been shit in pvp. We have had our times, but briefly for a patch.
    I've always loved warriors, buuut I've hated them even more and now the first expansion when we might be viable in arena, every single class in the game is now QQ-ing about us! So please, let us have the moment before we get destroyed by the nerf bat as every...single...expansion.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Skezix View Post
    Hey guys!

    most of the time we have been shit in pvp.
    Wrong.
    And by the way, a class been overpowered or bad in pvp in the past doenst justify being overpowered or bad now.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Skezix View Post
    Hey guys!

    I've been playing warrior since vanilla, and tbh most of the time we have been shit in pvp. We have had our times, but briefly for a patch.
    I've always loved warriors, buuut I've hated them even more and now the first expansion when we might be viable in arena, every single class in the game is now QQ-ing about us! So please, let us have the moment before we get destroyed by the nerf bat as every...single...expansion.
    you are kidding me right?

    warriors have had a total of three, count them, THREE, bad seasons. EVER. they've had about as many BAD seasons as ret paladins have had GOOD seasons.

    in BC the only way i could beat WLD was if their druid was a brain dead retard and couldn't get their warrior out of snares or i could abuse the Z axis. in wolk i spent the entire match kiting because if i let a warrior get near me he would bladestorm on my face and either, I, or my pet would DIE. If at any time during S9 i was thrown down, i would DIE.

    i'm happy warriors are optimal in 3v3 again, but i am getting sick to death or all these warriors chest beating about great it is to be good in pvp when they forget their long and illustrious history of success in arena.

    just because you've had a few bad seasons doesn't entitle you to be mongo for the next one. by that reasoning enhance shamans have about 10 seasons worth of OP saved up.
    Last edited by kosechi; 2012-10-08 at 07:33 PM.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  4. #4
    warriors are unbalanced overpowered, face it.

    anyone with a brain could see from beta talents that warriors were going to be overpowered as hell and then get a resulting nerf (which I hope will be coming soon).

  5. #5
    By the OP's reckoning Enhance shaman are in for a season where not even Sargeras himself can strike us down. Jus sayin
    WoW PvP; Where DPS are healers, tanks are DPS, and healers are tanks!

    RETH RETH RETH!

  6. #6
    Mechagnome Mr. Casual's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Bronx ,NY
    Posts
    567
    people will hate just to hate but i as a fellow warrior will admit we are a little over the top but i just wish mages and bm hunters, other classes would stop to look in the mirror before screaming op. but dont worry we all know blizz and their judgment will be swift and vicious just like in cata lol

  7. #7
    Warriors are imba in pvp now. And imba stands for 'imbalanced'.

    Second Winds is just a broken ability. You can shout and scream about how Warriors were bad in arena since TBC (they were not), but it is true. Broken abilities need to be repaired to let others enjoy the game.

    For example, I am playing hunter. I never felt hunters were awesome in PvP, maybe some time ago in Wrath. But nowadays, BM hunter is a way to go in PvP because of a cheapass CD rotation. And it should be nerfed as well, because it damages the entire pvp fun.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkabela View Post
    warriors are unbalanced overpowered, face it.

    anyone with a brain could see from beta talents that warriors were going to be overpowered as hell and then get a resulting nerf (which I hope will be coming soon).
    I'll just answer with a "L2P". Just because warriors are doing good dmg now doesn't mean we are overpowered. You are one of those: "If I kill a you, then your class is fine... L2P, if you kill me your class is broken wa wa wa wa!"

    I heard it from a mage the other day: "Warriors are too strong". And I said: "Why?". replied: "Because one just killed me." OMG!!! A warrior finally killed you? You know how long we stayed rooted in place looking at you jumping and vomiting icelances at our faces without being able to do s#%#t !? Now that we have finally a chance to get close to you and swing an Axe at your face you are mad? Give me a break.

    BTW, good mages can still kite a warrior to death. Hunters can still. Dks, also. Priests... whoelse?

    Well at least now we have tools to survive while not in range.

    For those who think SW is broken. STFU and L2P. If you nuke a 100% HP warrior down to 30% let me tell you something: "You are retarded" cause now you can't kill it. If you burn your CD when a warrior is at 30-40% HP than you get a kill.

    If by the time a warrior reaches 35% HP you have no CD left, you are dead.

  9. #9
    It's always felt to me that other classes don't like warriors and always feel they should be a guaranteed kill. I have numerous toons, and duel a lot for fun, but only on my warrior do i get the "you're class needs a nerf" when I win a duel. Every person I've dueled and won against since this expansion always replies with "yeah, warriors aren't overpowered/broken...etc". But it never has to do with my character being in better gear or me just being better though :/

    but don't worry... Nerf bat is on its way

  10. #10
    Brewmaster Neglesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,398
    People that are whining are probably getting killed in a burst. Warriors have a lot of burst cooldowns and more were added / tweaked with MoP.

    Don't understand how people are raging at Warriors when there are BM Hunters and Spriests that are a complete joke. Both sustained damage and burst.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Skezix View Post
    Hey guys!

    I've been playing warrior since vanilla, and tbh most of the time we have been shit in pvp. We have had our times, but briefly for a patch.
    I've always loved warriors, buuut I've hated them even more and now the first expansion when we might be viable in arena, every single class in the game is now QQ-ing about us! So please, let us have the moment before we get destroyed by the nerf bat as every...single...expansion.
    tell me exactly which expansion warriors been shit at pvp ? as some1 said there was only 3 arena seasons of might warriors wasnt that much wanted class but thats it.
    And Really if you find normal that warriors dish out this kind of dmg while playing on Defensive stand having by default 25% less dmg taken with most utillity abilities cost 0 rage then ill claim your post as biased.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    People that are whining are probably getting killed in a burst. Warriors have a lot of burst cooldowns and more were added / tweaked with MoP.

    Don't understand how people are raging at Warriors when there are BM Hunters and Spriests that are a complete joke. Both sustained damage and burst.
    Let's say, a dude with no resil comes here and say: "OMG Warrior one shoted me!" NERF NERF NERF. But he didn't realize that the warrior got a 490 2H (guessing), all CD up, enraged, maybe zerk buff and 3-4 stacks of taste for blood.

    Well, after fighiting and killing a rogue I got 5 stacks of it, hit TAB (got a hunter on target), charged, colossus smashed, shockwaved the dude, (he didnt trinket out), MS and 142k heroic strike, he managed to disengage, I heroic leaped and executed.

    I had Reck + Avatar + BR + Enrage (maybe some other warrior droped the banner, but not sure). Like, all the stars aligned to that happen.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 06:00 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerithiel View Post
    tell me exactly which expansion warriors been shit at pvp ? as some1 said there was only 3 arena seasons of might warriors wasnt that much wanted class but thats it.
    And Really if you find normal that warriors dish out this kind of dmg while playing on Defensive stand having by default 25% less dmg taken with most utillity abilities cost 0 rage then ill claim your post as biased.
    Just FYI, there was only one season that warriors dominated arenas and that was because our long gone MACE SPEC.

    Secondly, most of warrior sucess in arenas is due to our partners, mostly Paladins, because of hand of freadom and beacon of light, period. I'm not an experienced arena player, but I play this game long enough to have seen every single class of this game being FoTM. And warriors are not OP, we are strong and again, competitive. Spriests and BM Hunters are retarded. Rogues need some tweeks, warlocks need some love and maybe other hunter specs.

    A shadow priest do as much dmg as a mage does (or even more) and heal almost as if it was pure healing.

    For BM hunters if I survive the first Beast Within with my shieldwall up, I'll prolly die in the second, if I do not kill the hunter first.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Norzuk View Post
    I'll just answer with a "L2P". Just because warriors are doing good dmg now doesn't mean we are overpowered. You are one of those: "If I kill a you, then your class is fine... L2P, if you kill me your class is broken wa wa wa wa!"

    I heard it from a mage the other day: "Warriors are too strong". And I said: "Why?". replied: "Because one just killed me." OMG!!! A warrior finally killed you? You know how long we stayed rooted in place looking at you jumping and vomiting icelances at our faces without being able to do s#%#t !? Now that we have finally a chance to get close to you and swing an Axe at your face you are mad? Give me a break.

    BTW, good mages can still kite a warrior to death. Hunters can still. Dks, also. Priests... whoelse?

    Well at least now we have tools to survive while not in range.

    For those who think SW is broken. STFU and L2P. If you nuke a 100% HP warrior down to 30% let me tell you something: "You are retarded" cause now you can't kill it. If you burn your CD when a warrior is at 30-40% HP than you get a kill.

    If by the time a warrior reaches 35% HP you have no CD left, you are dead.


    warriors isnt broken because of insane crits, it's because you have 100% uptime on your target and an insane amount of cc. (charge/stun/fear/interrupts/silence/spell reflects etc with low CD) you're an endless source of damage and CC and that will eventually get nerfed to the ground, that's a fact, we've seen it before. if you insist on warriors not being OP then you're just biased/retarded and scared because you know the nerfbat's coming for you. and btw, warriors are still a piece of cake for mages, even bad mages.


    and to you, whoever said warriors have been shit in arena since the beginning, you've got to be kidding. either you're a troll or you're a useless warrior.


    anyway, enjoy it while it lasts warriors. you will forever be eaten by mages anyway and the nerfbat is inc.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Norzuk View Post
    .
    Just FYI, there was only one season that warriors dominated arenas and that was because our long gone MACE SPEC.

    Secondly, most of warrior sucess in arenas is due to our partners, mostly Paladins, because of hand of freadom and beacon of light, period. I'm not an experienced arena player, but I play this game long enough to have seen every single class of this game being FoTM. And warriors are not OP, we are strong and again, competitive. Spriests and BM Hunters are retarded. Rogues need some tweeks, warlocks need some love and maybe other hunter specs.

    A shadow priest do as much dmg as a mage does (or even more) and heal almost as if it was pure healing.

    For BM hunters if I survive the first Beast Within with my shieldwall up, I'll prolly die in the second, if I do not kill the hunter first.
    i Never implied that Warriors completely dominated but since you mentioned about Mace Stun spec at tbc i cant argue with that.
    Wrath also with The Armor Pen change and DBW with bladestorm warriors dominated also:P

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Skezix View Post
    Hey guys!

    I've been playing warrior since vanilla, and tbh most of the time we have been shit in pvp.

    Hahahahaha good joke.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerithiel View Post
    i Never implied that Warriors completely dominated but since you mentioned about Mace Stun spec at tbc i cant argue with that.
    Wrath also with The Armor Pen change and DBW with bladestorm warriors dominated also:P
    Bladestorm is strong agains classes that have pets, using sweeping strikes, aka: hunter and warlock. But a well placed disarm and gg, you lost the CD. But yeah, it was strong, now only deals good dmg if you are TG. Otherwise SW is better.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by xDD View Post
    warriors isnt broken because of insane crits, it's because you have 100% uptime on your target and an insane amount of cc. (charge/stun/fear/interrupts/silence/spell reflects etc with low CD) you're an endless source of damage and CC and that will eventually get nerfed to the ground, that's a fact, we've seen it before. if you insist on warriors not being OP then you're just biased/retarded and scared because you know the nerfbat's coming for you. and btw, warriors are still a piece of cake for mages, even bad mages.


    and to you, whoever said warriors have been shit in arena since the beginning, you've got to be kidding. either you're a troll or you're a useless warrior.


    anyway, enjoy it while it lasts warriors. you will forever be eaten by mages anyway and the nerfbat is inc.
    Sorry, I didn't realise we were competative in arena any season during cataclysm, we had our time during mace spec time, which were stated before, and just to be clear, we have been decent in bgs but im talking about competative arena.

    Edit: /sarcasm

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 09:44 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Hahahahaha good joke.
    Please motivate your mockful laugh, tell me when we have had good mobility and not getting shit on by every single class almost...

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Skezix View Post
    Sorry, I didn't realise we were competative in arena any season during cataclysm, we had our time during mace spec time, which were stated before, and just to be clear, we have been decent in bgs but im talking about competative arena.

    Edit: /sarcasm
    Yeah season 9 warriors were so bad it took the entire duration of throwdown to take an enemy from 100% to 0.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by xDD View Post
    warriors isnt broken because of insane crits, it's because you have 100% uptime on your target and an insane amount of cc. (charge/stun/fear/interrupts/silence/spell reflects etc with low CD) you're an endless source of damage and CC and that will eventually get nerfed to the ground, that's a fact, we've seen it before. if you insist on warriors not being OP then you're just biased/retarded and scared because you know the nerfbat's coming for you. and btw, warriors are still a piece of cake for mages, even bad mages.


    and to you, whoever said warriors have been shit in arena since the beginning, you've got to be kidding. either you're a troll or you're a useless warrior.


    anyway, enjoy it while it lasts warriors. you will forever be eaten by mages anyway and the nerfbat is inc.
    Some of above abilities you mentioned aren't CC.

    1 - Charge is a gap closer, and we always had 2, one on battle and def stance, 1 sec stun and the other 3 sec stun on zerk stance. Now we lost that, if we get a 3 sec stun charge we can't have 2 charges, if we get 2 charges the second one won't generate rage, and the other tallent is just useless.

    2 - Stun. I can agree that we got more stuns, but outside this, we don't have more CC than before, fear is as it has always been. And if you trinket well, you are good. If you are human you are great. (fking racial, thats imba)

    3 - Silence/interrupt. We always had 2 interrupts, we got one more now IF we get the talent over piercing howl (it's a tough decision). Silences (gag order) were a prot talent which some warriors used to get, now its a glyph, NOTHING NEW.

    4 - Spell Reflects - 1 min CD for mass spell reflect I think it's too low for such a good talent, maybe 1,5 min would be OK. 2 mins it's just not viable. And still, not a CC, it's a def ability. If you cannot stop cast while that HUGE WHITE SHIELD is above my head you diserve to take that CHAOS BOLT back to your face.

    5 - LOW CD. What you call Low CD? My charge has 20 sec CD. How much is Disengage? 25 sec so we have 5 sec to deal dmg, While the hunter get 8 sec with me rooted in place shooting my a$$ off. How much is blink? 15 FIFTEEN FKING SECONDS. Mages have no right to complain about warriors abilities, they can blink even while stunned. If a warrior doesn't pick double time it's a dead meat against mages. - Pray to Lord that warriors doesn't have a CD reset like mages, hunters and rogues.

    So, what people are complaining basically the warrior class always had, with a lil bit more of mobility.

  20. #20
    warriors seem amazing in bgs hitting on randoms / people with bad gear trying to grind the honor gear.
    in arena however they are not on top of the op list.
    many people who played arenas in their honor gear share the same view.
    warriors = annoying
    warriors =/= broken/unhealable damage.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •