Deleted

Was pet battle rarity's stat advantage removed?

I don't see the blue color on those pets on live. Did they remove the advantage of rare pets completely or is it more subtle?

As far as I know it's still there. I have a addon that helps determine pet rarity. But when I link a "rare" pet it's definitely blue

10+ Year Old Account
    Standard companion pets don't have a color that shows in the journal (it's hidden, but it's there, and as mentioned addons can show it). Only battle pets display their color. If you don't have battle pets, all of your pets will just show as colorless.

Deleted
    To be clear, I meant, did they keep in the game the feature of giving higher stats on some rarer pets?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    To be clear, I meant, did they keep in the game the feature of giving higher stats on some rarer pets?
    Yes. Blue pets gain more stats as they level. It says that right in the rarity tooltip in the journal.

Whats a good addon to use to see pets rarity? And is there any add ons that let you see the rarity of a pet you are fighting?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noviskers View Post
    Whats a good addon to use to see pets rarity? And is there any add ons that let you see the rarity of a pet you are fighting?
    I use Pet Battle Quality Glow to see their rarity in battles.

Yep, sorry, I completely missed the actual point of the post. As Rivin pointed out, there is definitely a stat difference based on pet rarity.

You can also cage and relearn a pet to see rarity of some of your bought pets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noviskers View Post
    or copy and paste this in the chat window, it will tell you the rarity of each pet you are facing. I use it because i dont like add ons.

/run hooksecurefunc("PlaySoundKitID", function(Q) if Q==31584 then for i=1,C_PetBattles.GetNumPets(2) do SELECTED_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(C_PetBattles.GetName(2,i).." - ".._G["BATTLE_PET_BREED_QUALITY"..C_PetBattles.GetBreedQuality(2,i)]) end end end)

Last edited by the0o; 2012-10-08 at 08:02 PM.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"