New series of Tekkit Tutorials that I'm doing.

Hey everyone. So I started a Tekkit Tutorials playlist and would love to hear some feedback on the first few videos I have. Here is Episode 1:

Thanks everyone!
    "And I looked and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto him over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."

Deleted
    Your voice could be abit higher tbh also is it just me or is the video realy dark sometimes specialy in the nether i could hardly see what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    Your voice could be abit higher tbh also is it just me or is the video realy dark sometimes specialy in the nether i could hardly see what was going on.
    Thanks for the input. I heard that recording Minecraft with Fraps makes the video dark for some reason. And I'm working on finding a better microphone for my voice. Something that I can talk normally, but comes out loud enough. Having two kids and a wife, when I record, I can't be to loud as I record when they sleep for the most part.
    "And I looked and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto him over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."

Just looking at the title... tutorials, at least in my eye, are things that teach newer people what to do within a certain subject... keeping this in mind, I have to ask why you start with something so complex as pumping lava from the nether to the normal world. Wouldn't it be better to discuss some of the basic resources that make your machines and the like?

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Just looking at the title... tutorials, at least in my eye, are things that teach newer people what to do within a certain subject... keeping this in mind, I have to ask why you start with something so complex as pumping lava from the nether to the normal world. Wouldn't it be better to discuss some of the basic resources that make your machines and the like?
    I decided not to do anything that discussed the basics of Tekkit. There are plenty of beginner tutorials out their, and I figured that if I was to start with that, then it wouldn't be interesting to most people.

This is a weird perception of the word imo, tutorials can be made for the most complicated of things, it's really almost synonimous with the worde "guide" in fact, tutorials, by their dictionary definition (Not what a lot of people use it as) are more knowledge intensive than guides.

Anyway, OT: use editing, don't sit there and complain about the redstone pumps heating up, just edit it out. For the rest, voice level could be a tiny bit higher, not too much though. And though I'm personally not interested in tekkit guides/tutorials, it seems alright to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    There are already so many tutorials for the basics of these mods that another "how to craft an electric furnace" isn't necessary.

It was a good first episode and I like what you're doing. As other have said it's a little dark. I would suggest bringing up your brightness level to max if you havent already. It might also just be your texture pack.

I would also suggest using tin cans and a canning machine rather than buckets. Tin is a little less useful than using all that iron for buckets.