Guardian stat question

Just hit 90 last night. So far all I've tanked has been the brewfest dungeon, which isn't overly difficult. I know past expansions there has always been a push by some people for getting to hit and exp cap. It seems that hit and exp are even more important with the new active mitigation. We NEED our mangle to hit to generate rage in order to use Savage Defense. Should I be gemming and reforging for those caps? I'm not a math guy or anything, but it seems like if our goal is to maintain as much up-time of SD as possible, hit, exp and crit seem to be our best survivability stats.

Yes, you're correct. Stack agility, hit, expertise and crit. Here's Sejta, main tank and guild leader of Paragon: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/sejta/simple

Notice that his chest has a 300 stamina enchant, along with two critical strike rating gems, meaning the chest piece is used for tanking.

This is also good news: "A hotfix will be applied to adjust how Vengeance stacks for tanks of all classes: Vengeance should now ramp up more quickly. Avoidance will now grant Vengeance based on the average damage of the avoided NPC auto-attack, instead of just refreshing existing Vengeance. This does not apply to enemy special attacks."

Keep up SD and /win.

Whoa, hold up. Sejta isn't stacking Stamina for once?!

Quote Originally Posted by anthemm View Post
    Yes, you're correct. Stack agility, hit, expertise and crit. Here's Sejta, main tank and guild leader of Paragon: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/sejta/simple

Notice that his chest has a 300 stamina enchant, along with two critical strike rating gems, meaning the chest piece is used for tanking.

This is also good news: "A hotfix will be applied to adjust how Vengeance stacks for tanks of all classes: Vengeance should now ramp up more quickly. Avoidance will now grant Vengeance based on the average damage of the avoided NPC auto-attack, instead of just refreshing existing Vengeance. This does not apply to enemy special attacks."

Keep up SD and /win.
    Ok, that's what I suspected. The guide here doesn't actually give a stat weight, and other guides I've read have said to stack agi and dodge.

15+ Year Old Account
    The guide here says you want differnt stats depending on the content you do
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Agi is no longer an attractive stat as a result of AP no longer affecting out mitigation in anyway. You should avoid it.
    General rule is if there's a lot of unavoidable damage then you should use 1 if not 2 stam trinks and reforge to maximize rage generation(hit/exp/crit) to use on frenzied regen.
    Fights like Feng have no large amounts of unavoidable tank damage so you should prioritize mast/crit and use your normal trink set(I use brawler's statue and iron protector talisman)
    Some fights have a decimation blade-esque mechanic that can be avoided by dodging but no fight in this raid afaik as one like it.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by anthemm View Post

Keep up SD and /win.
    Check his feed how did he get all the epic PvP armor in one day and 2500 VP worth of gear when no one could of earned more than 2K.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrayne of Lothar View Post
    Check his feed how did he get all the epic PvP armor in one day and 2500 VP worth of gear when no one could of earned more than 2K.
    The 2500 VP isn't too weird, since EU had a little over 24 hours of MOP until the first reset, which basicly happens in the early hours of wednesday.