Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    Am I the only one who really dislikes Triple- and Rotation Battles? I don't know, but it just feels gimmicky. Like, something they added to spice up the battles, except that it's simply more of the same. Double Battles are okay, but I usually do everything I can do avoid the other two.
    Skelington has a lot of fun with rotation battles, but triple battles are the worst. Haven't done a single match in the PWT that wasn't a rotation.

Actually for me its just opposite :s I like 3 battle's.

I only wish you could go 6v6 1 vs 1 in PWT, instead of only 3.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Actually for me its just opposite :s I like 3 battle's.

I only wish you could go 6v6 1 vs 1 in PWT, instead of only 3.
    Bolded part x1000. As for rotation battles and triple battles. I love rotation battles but I really dislike triple battles. Rotation battles put more strategy and ability to predict your opponent's moves requirement as in the PWT they don't switch out pokemon when it's a single, double or triple battle whereas in rotation battle they have 3 pokemon they might rotate to and rotations always have priority so you can't damage the pokemon if it's going to be rotated out.

Also, I love my Tyranitar, Garchomp, Scizor combo for the rotation battles. Tyranitar's Sand Stream pretty much negates any Focus Sash an opponent might have and my Choice Scarf Garchomp with full atk EVs and nearly max IVs can go berserk with his outrage taking out at least 2 of their pokemon in exchange for 1 of mine. (Garchomp's Sand Veil also works quite well with Sand Stream). As for my 4th for Rotation Battles, I use Landorus due to his Sand Force ability, he's actually not EV trained and I definitely didn't try to get good IVs on him but it works so I don't really mind. I can roflstomp the Champions PWT like this anytime, whoever I'm up against.

Also, I still keep forgetting to switch to normal mode rather than challenge mode to see if it makes a difference in their AI
    Last edited by mmoc2fdc1312bd; 2012-10-27 at 02:35 PM.

Still haven't managed to beat the Champion in PWT Tried single and doubble now, its quit hard. Defiantly a big jump from world leaders.

I feel like getting Scizor, Garchomp and try out my Landorus now So thanks for idea's.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I need some help. I'm only on the 3rd gym, but after seeing you all talk about how difficult PWT is, I kinda want to plan my team for when I hit endgame. My lineup will probably be like this: Lucario, Magnezone, Arcanine, Flygon, and Espeon. Now, as you can see, I'm missing a 6th pokemon. I'd really like a water type to round out my team, especially if it's Sp. Def bulky. Anyone have anyone recommendations? Oh, and feel free to critique my team as well. The only pokemon on there, that I'm reluctant to change are my Lucario and Arcanine, since they are my two favorite pokemon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Milotic is a great water type, I'm not sure if it's sp def bulky, but I find mine strong and it has a fairly high hp
    Milotic has base 125 sp. def. so yeah, it's very bulky in that area. :P
    Another good one is Tentacruel (120), also Vaporeon has high sp. def (95) with high HP (130).
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2012-10-27 at 10:40 PM.

Fuck me, PWT champion singels finally down. I was going up againts Steven 3 times total different times, and 2 times inn a row, AND EVERY SINGLE TIME I kid you not, my Stone Edge miss on his Archeopes and I loss when I only had my Landorus left. Went and EV trained it fast now, did it jobs it seems, just my bad luck on things like Stone Edge and Focus blast :=) Just to bad it's IV's and nature aint the best.

Tyranitar sassy with leftover for taking up alot of different pokemons such as drakes (Can nearly 1-hit KO Garcheops, and Dragonite or 1-hit KO Alakhazam etc) or ghost types, and then getting Sandstorm out, so when its dies, witch it useally does inn 2 rounds (1-hit KO by most fight moves, even shit like Brick Break:s), I can just go out and sweep with my Excadrill that got the now insane speed + Choice band, to make sure it can kill most things in 1 hit. Excadrill dies by pretty much any hit, and then its Landorus time to go out with Choice Scraf and be my late-game sweeper/revenge, and clean the rest up.

Tyranitar + Excadrill is very OP obviously, I can very much understand why Excadrill was banned to Uber tier, now when I got to try it out for a few days in-game.

---------- Post added 2012-10-27 at 11:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    So, I need some help. I'm only on the 3rd gym, but after seeing you all talk about how difficult PWT is, I kinda want to plan my team for when I hit endgame. My lineup will probably be like this: Lucario, Magnezone, Arcanine, Flygon, and Espeon. Now, as you can see, I'm missing a 6th pokemon. I'd really like a water type to round out my team, especially if it's Sp. Def bulky. Anyone have anyone recommendations? Oh, and feel free to critique my team as well. The only pokemon on there, that I'm reluctant to change are my Lucario and Arcanine, since they are my two favorite pokemon.
    I'd get something very specialized, that can do all roles + that great coverage/synergy between a few pokemons on the team.

Think like this when you build a team that aint based on weather:

One successful formula is:

• Physical Sweeper (Pokémon with High Attack Stat)
    • Special Sweeper (Pokémon with high Special Attack Stat)
    • Physical Wall (Pokémon with high Defense, who can soak up damage)
    • Special Wall (Same as Physical Wall, but for Special defense)
    • Traplayer (Pokémon who uses arena hazards like toxic spikes, then uses Explosion)
    • Crippler (Pokémon who inflicts status conditions, then switches out to a Sweeper)

Few pages back I posted what I tough are the best pokemons you can get in-game, if you want any inspiration. I useally try build a team with pokemons from the game only, avoiding as little trading as possible
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2012-10-27 at 11:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Unless you EV train them and get decent IVs right off the bat before you finish the game, your main story team will be useless in PWT Also, you only take 3 pokemon in PWT (4 if you're going for multi-battles). As for your team in general, it looks pretty good. I can't think of any replacements you might want to make since with the right move pools you cover most of the types.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Yep, thats my true weakness. I was almost thinking Id let me Excadrill hold an Air ballon. Maybe I end up switch some more again xD

And so agreed on the ball part. In white I catched my Zekrom with a fishing ball (Was just trying it randomly hoping it worked cause I was getting annoyed :P), looks so damn wrong when it comes out from a net, haha.
    Catching Zekrom with a fishing ball, now that's priceless xD

Be proud of something unique

Deleted
    Oh how I hate the RNG. In PWT I constantly keep getting hit by critical hits and flinches and my attacks keep missing... >_>

What do you people think about Ferrothorn?

Like I've said several times before, I'm a total noob at this game and I've just gotten started with EV's and stuff. But I remember using Ferrothorn in Black 1 with Leech Seed, Rocky Helmet and his ability (Iron Barbs), and I've seriously never had so much fun battling before. Is he a sweeper or what, how are you supposed to build him using a strategy like that? I'd like to use him this time around as well, but perhaps more efficiently.
    Last edited by Coronius; 2012-10-28 at 05:39 PM.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Not sure when I'm going to get it, but I the team I plan on will probably be

Last edited by Markluzz; 2012-10-28 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Oh how I hate the RNG. In PWT I constantly keep getting hit by critical hits and flinches and my attacks keep missing... >_>
    I love the RNG on flinches. I had an extremly lucky flinch-rate with my Excadrill earliere, that topped anything Ive ever seen. I flinched 4 times inn a row with Rock slide, my jaw was open and I laughed so hard. RNG is great when its on you're side.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    What do you people think about Ferrothorn?

Like I've said several times before, I'm a total noob at this game and I've just gotten started with EV's and stuff. But I remember using Ferrothorn in Black 1 with Leech Seed, Rocky Helmet and his ability (Iron Barbs), and I've seriously never had so much fun battling before. Is he a sweeper or what, how are you supposed to build him using a strategy like that? I'd like to use him this time around as well, but perhaps more efficiently.

Hes a bulky type that basicly work as a staller, and sometimes a decent wall. He can perform as a damage-guy (Stab gyro-ball or Power whip is good damage), but hes much better used as Spikes/stealh rock user etc.

I love the Sassy, brave or something use off it. Basicly it owns in-game once you set it up with leech seed, leftovers and Curse. Hard to kill it, trough it does die easly vs some fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    Not sure when I'm going to get it, but I the team I plan on will probably be

Replace the Ampharos, and get Magnezone, or something else.

Get Excadrill instead of Sandslash. I feel like Sandslash is a lesser version off it. If you dont want the uber mole, Id suggest Lucario, or a dragon type such as Flygon or Hydreigon.

No idea about you're duck, I havent seen it been used much, but if it works for you...
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2012-10-28 at 07:33 PM.

Deleted
    WTB a shiny Skarmory.

1. It looks great.
    2. Skarmory is one awesome tank.
    3. Spikes + Stealth Rock + Whirlwind? oh yes. And to top things off: Roost!

Deleted
    WTB a shiny Skarmory.

1. It looks great.
    2. Skarmory is one awesome tank.
    3. Spikes + Stealth Rock + Whirlwind? oh yes. And to top things off: Roost!
    The chances of it being shiny AND having adequate IVs and being the correct nature is extremely low (although you can control that up to a point with everstone and power items when using masuda method). Also, it might easily die before it even manages to set up spikes and stealth rock, let alone using a whirlwind.

As for RNG in PWT, I never actually had a problem with it, given my team can roflstomp anything that the champions can throw at us, they hardly get the chance to use an attack, let alone have it crit. PWT actually feels kind of a let down now, it's a bit too easy. Even the downloaded junior division tournament wasn't too hard. I guess the AI was nowhere near good at using the moves of the pokemon that the contestants used in the real life tournament.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azlarn View Post
    The chances of it being shiny AND having adequate IVs and being the correct nature is extremely low (although you can control that up to a point with everstone and power items when using masuda method). Also, it might easily die before it even manages to set up spikes and stealth rock, let alone using a whirlwind.
    I know :/
    I think I'll get a Skarmory with Stealth Rock, Roost, Whirlwind and Rock Slide, shiny or not. Should be good enough to get things started.

I know :/
    I think I'll get a Skarmory with Stealth Rock, Roost, Whirlwind and Rock Slide, shiny or not. Should be good enough to get things started.
    Skarmory is an absolutely fine Pokémon if you're going with the Stealth Rock tactics. It's nicely combined with Whirlwind. I'd go for any other move than Rock Slide though, its accuracy isn't very reliable. I agree that Shiny Skarmory looks absolutely boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is one way you can really get a shiny skarmory. Breed a Ditto with the Nature you want with a Skarmory from a different region (ie Japan) holding the Power item. You will just have to hatch a lot of eggs, but the chances are not as grim in getting a shiny pokemon that way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    There is one way you can really get a shiny skarmory. Breed a Ditto with the Nature you want with a Skarmory from a different region (ie Japan) holding the Power item. You will just have to hatch a lot of eggs, but the chances are not as grim in getting a shiny pokemon that way.
    Ye, that's what I mentioned too The masuda method.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose I should ask this here:
    Why all the hate on Vanillite and Garbodor? Gen 1 had just as bad, unoriginal things; pokeballs with eyes, a ball with magnets and screws, 3 balls with magnets and screws stuck together, purple blobs with eyes. >.>
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.