Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

[Megathread] Pokemon Black/White Version 2

It seems we don't have a thread for this yet and it was released in USA yesterday, so I made one.

I picked it up today and I'll open it a little later. I got White 2. If anyone has any advice for which starter will help me the most, please let me know. (I usually just save right before I have to choose and see if I can get a female. If I can't...I just pick one I like.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Got this yesterday as well. Been enjoying it so far. I knew it was a proper sequel as opposed to a companion like the other versions (Crystal, platinum, etc) and am pleased at how different of a game it feels. Doesnt feel like im just playing white with some extra stuff added in. I went with Snivy though

10+ Year Old Account
    The starters in this gen are all pretty average. There isn't a gap like the last few with Infernape and Typhlosion being much better than the alternatives. I feel like Emboar is the best tho, he's very well suited for the elite 4 as well. The elemental ape guys are surprisingly good options as well. Having 2 of them to cover the other types to go with your starter will help quite a bit. If you can pick up the bird early on as well youll be in good shape.
    Last edited by Varyk; 2012-10-09 at 04:00 AM.

Well in Black 1, I had 2 Pokemon I rotated. I had like the grass starter and then they gave me the water Simpour one, so between those two switching I was always good to go (and some fillers).

I hope they give me some other good Pokemon again, it feels like, as you said, the starters aren't good enough to solo the whole game. At least, that was how I felt in Black 1.

Deleted
    You're not supposed to solo the whole game really...
    Diminishing XP as you get higher than the opponent, 6 pokemon slots, type weaknesses :\
    And the monkeys suck

We do kind of have a thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Pok%C3%A9mon!

However, it is in Fun Stuff so I guess I can see how it'd be missed. So what's everyone's team so far?

Only have the first badge so far. Trying to even out levels.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/?gen=2&

So what's everyone's team so far?

I plan to add an Aron as soon as I can get one, and I have no idea what I'll use for the last two slots. I was tempted to grab a Mareep, but I'm only going to use Pokemon I've never used before.

I'm really enjoying it so far. It's a big improvement over B/W.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently, I am using Pignite, Magneton and Lucario. Beat the fifth gym recently. This game feels more complete so far than Black/White 1.

Got a Magnemite and Magby to replace Mareep and Genesect.

and Magby is replaced by Growlith. Dammit.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-10-09 at 05:34 AM.

Getting it (technically) today, still haven't decided on my starter. Edit: What's every ones personal favorites? Mine has always been grass pokemon, IDK why but they just call to me, and I understand their strengths and weaknesses clearly.
    Last edited by ac1dburn; 2012-10-09 at 07:36 AM.

Well since this is a mega thread I'll post some usefull links:

Bulbapedia (Wiki for pokemon, will be updated in next days). Other wiki's exsist aswell, but I find this the best.

Smogon (For everything competive). I hope they update tiers for pokemon in B/W2 soon. The site is really great, even if you dont battle online.

Serebii (Disccusion forum, think pokemons MMO champion or w/e). In general they just chat here, but also have some usefull thing + you can get you're team rated for competive use etc.

Anyway, Cant wait Hope B/W2 will be as good as first one, made nearly 500 hours into thoes 2 games. Defiantly enjoyed catching all the pokemons I could, and inn the end finish BW-only pokemons, last for me was the Wolf one (Zorak something!).

Dont stress about starters guys. Useally they aint worth it. Only water type was any good inn B/W, and it wasent even that good. As soon as Smogon update some things we can have fun. Oh and plenty of youtubers gives good insights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXWKgYl1mFU Edit with a link off the best youtuber I know anyway, he did alot of these analysies before the game was even out!)

I also really hope for a new Haxourus and excadrill Damn they were great. Also can somebody say when you can trade? I hope its quit early inn the game Trough I think my first playtrough will just be a complete fast playtrough to see all the pokemons and stuff + try complete the game with little knowledge and team building (So no nature/IV/breeding worries when I make team yay :P).

Then 2nd playtrough is the maxed game. A complete team off atleast 10 perfect trained (Or as close as I bother :P) pokemons, every item looted, and try get most of pokedex. Then I can also trade over from my white game to get EV training items and whatnot Maybe take my Chandelure aswell, level 100 wrecks hehe.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2012-10-09 at 10:41 AM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I'll edit those into OP when I get home. In 12 hours.

God damnit guys. I chose the pig since I didn't want the grass again and I got a female! Checked it's nature. Relaxed. Means high defense low speed. What a fucking gyp, I have to restart the game now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I'll edit those into OP when I get home. In 12 hours.

God damnit guys. I chose the pig since I didn't want the grass again and I got a female! Checked it's nature. Relaxed. Means high defense low speed. What a fucking gyp, I have to restart the game now.
    Don't worry about it. Just egg-breed a new one later with a Ditto or so, cant quit renember it. Anyway thats how you can make infinite starter pokemons, until you get the right one When I breed for perfect nature for my Samurott in B/W it wasent to bad, went quit fast.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    they said i cant catch a machoke in this game so im not buying it *sad*

Deleted
    Weather effects no longer spam you every turn...
    * Tears of joy

Just started yesterday. So far I've got:

My team is nice at the moment.

I just want my damn Caterpie and Nincada already ;-;
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I chose the pig since I didn't want the grass again and I got a female! Checked it's nature. Relaxed. Means high defense low speed. What a fucking gyp, I have to restart the game now.
    You could use that female tepig and breed it with something what has the nature you want (give everstone to that whose nature you want) and problem solved, kinda.
    The downside is you'll have to level it from level 1.

How I wish for a wigglytuff

I suppose it's a tough question to ask without spoiling anything, but how has the story been so far? I really enjoyed how connected you were to it in B/W, and was looking forward to seeing that again.

Ugh.. Pokemon just doesn't work as well as Dogars did.