Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azlarn View Post
    Amg, where do you find those gifs ? Looks pretty cool.

OT: Currently my team is: Archeops, Arcanine, Scizor, Electivire, Lucario, Espeon.

I'm on the 4th of the E4 (playing challenge mode and trying to beat the pokemon league without using any potions or revives whatsoever, for the lulz). I stopped there for now and will probably continue tomorrow.

Draco Meteor is learned from Drayden in Opelucid City btw.
    I posted it on the first page: http://sprites.pokecheck.org/?gen=2&

Mmm, you're right it does learn quit abit, just comes quit late for a 2-evoulotion pokemon Azlarn Im thinking I will try a physical setup since it learns ExtremeSpeed later on, might be OK move, else I'll proboaly go mixed.

Heracross is really hard to get trough Edit: ARH, it was black-only, why did I not notice that before, so much time wasted hehe.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2012-10-14 at 10:55 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Mmm, you're right it does learn quit abit, just comes quit late for a 2-evoulotion pokemon Azlarn Im thinking I will try a physical setup.

Heracross is really hard to get trough Tried for like 30 mins now, should be at route 12, but maybe I'll try Lostlorn Forest.
    Not sure which version you're playing, but Heracross is only available on Route 12 and in the Lostlorn forest in Black 2 version.
    It has a chance of appearing in hidden grottoes in white 2 though.

First pokemon game ever for me, love it so far, it's hard getting used to all the things they throw at you. There is SO much it's kinda intimidating... I also started with the grass type...and I feel like that gimped me pretty hard. I have no idea what is a good "team" composition either. But I've been using a Lucario for most of my fights. He's kinda taken over the role of main pokemon since I found him.

The biggest issue I have is that I have so many abilities thrown at me, I don't know what is best to use etc. I find those abilities that lower enemy defense/attack or increase yours are kinda useless. I instead focus on just having all abilities that do damage. Is this right? Any tips guys?

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    First pokemon game ever for me, love it so far, it's hard getting used to all the things they throw at you. There is SO much it's kinda intimidating... I also started with the grass type...and I feel like that gimped me pretty hard. I have no idea what is a good "team" composition either. But I've been using a Lucario for most of my fights. He's kinda taken over the role of main pokemon since I found him.

The biggest issue I have is that I have so many abilities thrown at me, I don't know what is best to use etc. I find those abilities that lower enemy defense/attack or increase yours are kinda useless. I instead focus on just having all abilities that do damage. Is this right? Any tips guys?
    I just kind of go with what I like. Sometimes I look up online whats a good moveset for so and so Pokemon, you could try doing that if it becomes too overwhelming.

Outside of actual competitive battling, you really don't need stat changing moves, or passive moves in general. Once you learn the type advantages and things you can just power through the game with pure attack skills. It's not exactly right, but it works.
    As for team composition, just try to keep a wide variety of types. Don't go all normal or all psychic or whatever like the people you fight in game.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-10-14 at 10:33 PM.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I considered buying this game but... what makes it different from the first ones? The starters are the same, right? I never keep my starters anyways so I guess that's irrelevant.

Is there a lot more content to explore?
    Is there a bigger variety of Pokémon to choose from?
    Is the story vastly different?

Any answers to those questions will affect my decision on whether or not to buy it. Thanks.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Gocha gocha, thanks for the replies guys! Also... scyther, LOVE that pokemon so much. Being a huge fan of praying mantises he is a MUST HAVE. But from what I hear, the "dream world" is the only way I can get one for black 2. How does this work, I've made an account and all...but it's so confusing!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I considered buying this game but... what makes it different from the first ones? The starters are the same, right? I never keep my starters anyways so I guess that's irrelevant.

Is there a lot more content to explore?
    Is there a bigger variety of Pokémon to choose from?
    Is the story vastly different?

Any answers to those questions will affect my decision on whether or not to buy it. Thanks.
    I'd like to know this myself, is there more pokemon available with the Unova dex? Or will I have to wait til after I've defeated the E4?

Gocha gocha, thanks for the replies guys! Also... scyther, LOVE that pokemon so much. Being a huge fan of praying mantises he is a MUST HAVE. But from what I hear, the "dream world" is the only way I can get one for black 2. How does this work, I've made an account and all...but it's so confusing!
    You have to go to the Pokemon website, it's on there. This should help: http://www.thonky.com/pokemon-black-white/dream-world/

Deleted
    First pokemon game ever for me, love it so far, it's hard getting used to all the things they throw at you. There is SO much it's kinda intimidating...
    ...I instead focus on just having all abilities that do damage. Is this right? Any tips guys?
    I usually have some moves to make my opponents life more miserable, for example Thunder Wave. It may be a life savior when you least expect it.

Just a tip if you didn't already know; your pokemon receives Same Type Attack Bonus (+50% more damage) if the attack you use is of the same type as your pokemon.
    For example Earth Power (ground type move) has 90 base power, if Boldore (a rock type) uses it the power remains the same. But if Flygon (Ground/Dragon) uses it, it receives STAB; the power of Earth Power is increased by 50% (90 x 1,5 = 135).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm loving the living shit out of this so far. Especially the Habitat-function for the 'dex <3

Currently rocking the following team:

My only problem is that Game Freak/Nintendo added so many of my favourites within the same type that I'll be flipping coins like Harvey Dent at the candystore -.-
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    I'm loving the living shit out of this so far. Especially the Habitat-function for the 'dex <3
    I find the best feature they implented is that after you used a repel up, you're asked if you wanna use a new one, so great! Makes buying the 2nd cheapest repel a good option, over the best repel. Such a simple thing, yet so nice

On another note; Where are Dive and Waterfall gotten? Cant seem to find it, and I guess the sunken Temple by Undella Town still got alot of fun stuff to pick up.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    I find the best feature they implented is that after you used a repel up, you're asked if you wanna use a new one, so great! Makes buying the 2nd cheapest repel a good option, over the best repel. Such a simple thing, yet so nice

On another note; Where are Dive and Waterfall gotten? Cant seem to find it, and I guess the sunken Temple by Undella Town still got alot of fun stuff to pick up.
    Someone gives you waterfall when you walk on Victory Road and your rival gives you dive in Undella town after you beat the league.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nerf Lillipup. If I didn't have my Mareep T-Wave Cheren's Lillipup, he would've sweeped my team. Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Nerf Lillipup. If I didn't have my Mareep T-Wave Cheren's Lillipup, he would've sweeped my team. Geez.
    lol ya he was tough. I only killed him cause my Riolu used counter. (I also had a Genesect in reserve, but I didn't want to have to use him).

What the fuck I feel gipped I never got a Lucario. I'm on like 7th gym rolling with Volcana (seriously just leeches exp right now. No good attacks), Emboar, and god bless Genesect.

How are you guys making those pictures of your teams?!

Edit: Nevermind saw the post lol.

You can catch a Riolu in the wild on like the first or second route.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    New and improved team!

I can't seem to find a fire stone, also, I didn't want this stupid flying saucer thing, was grinding levels in Chargestone cave and it happened, I didn't really realize this thing even existed. :<
    From the previous game, I knew this would happen. It is ugly and I don't like it. Very minor stat gain, I just gave Magneton Evolite and it has a lot more defence than Magnezone.

I've asked a million people about this but no one seems to know the answer.

If you played Pokémon Black, which one should you get this time, and why? Black 2 or White 2? Answers would be greatly appreciated.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.