Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    looking for advice on a good partner for my Zangoose for when i go Pokedex Farming, was thinking of a Oddish then into a Vileplume or something, seems it has para/sleep, but its not readily availble to me as i have black and black 2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Thanks !

So say I want a Modest Eevee with good IV's for Sp. Atk etc.

I give the male Power lens Sp. Atk EV training item.

I also catch an Female Eevee with Modest and let it hold an Everstone.

Now every egg that is made will have IV's inn the Sp. Atk school + 50% chance to get Modest nature?

So the male gives the hopefully right IV's, while the female gives the right Nature.
    Pretty much yeah, but as for the bolded parts. The Eevee will certainly get the Sp. Atk IV from your male partner. Then 2 other IVs from ANY of the parents and then 3 other IVs completely random.

---------- Post added 2012-10-20 at 04:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cadith View Post
    looking for advice on a good partner for my Zangoose for when i go Pokedex Farming, was thinking of a Oddish then into a Vileplume or something, seems it has para/sleep, but its not readily availble to me as i have black and black 2
    Any pokemon with Thunder Wave should do to be honest. I suppose your Zangoose will have false swipe.

Deleted
    ye it does it was orginally the sole reason i caught 1 until i relised how powerful it is when i raised it for AP lol

Im using a Magnezone atm, if i use the move relearner to give it thunderwave later, can i relearn the move i got rid of for TW?

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyway to level up Happiness without gaining levels with a Pokémon? I want a Espeon but he gets Psybeam at level 21 and my Eevee is level 19 currently, So I'll just level past that... :<

10+ Year Old Account
    And who said Pokemon is a child's game with no depth? Breeding is my favorite thing to do in game

10+ Year Old Account
    Is anyone having trouble capturing the 3 guardian pokemon? >.< in #1 i caught them within a couple of ultra balls...in #2 i've had 6 attempts on the grass type one either by killing it or running out of 60 ultra balls -.-

Got to admit that nintendo managed to exceed my expectations once more.

Quote Originally Posted by jibbyjackjoe View Post
    And who said Pokemon is a child's game with no depth? Breeding is my favorite thing to do in game
    Well, if only egg-farming was...yes yes call me a slacker, faster! Running forth and back for 1 hour now is abit tiresome =)

But now I got Adamant, Sassy, and jolly among others as Synchronize from Elgyem, so good start there.

I'll post my start of team. Feel free to comment it, just a start but Sandstorm is pretty easy to figure out.

My lead and Stealh rock user. I tough about other leads, but I tough it could be fun to try Metagross.

Trait: Clear Body
    IV’s: A prefferd high attack.
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Attack
    Nature: Adamant
    - Stealth Rock
    - Meteor Mash
    - Hammer Arm / Earthquake / Zen Headbutt
    - Bullet Punch

Mixed attacker + sets up sand.

Trait: Sandstream
    IV’s: A prefferd Attack or Sp. Def
    EVs: 252 HP / Og enten SP/ATK lidt og ellers Sp. Def til circa 200.
    Nature: Sassy
    - Crunch / Stone Edge (Overvej Stone Edge hvis Lucario for Crunch etc)
    - Fire Blast
    - Ice Beam
    - Superpower / Stone Edge / Earthquake / Stealh Rock

My sand-sweeper, pure brutal damage and speed.

Trait: Sand rush
    IV’s: A prefferd high attack
    EVs: 252 Attack/252 Speed
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - X-scissor/ Rapid Spin / Ghost Claw / Substitute / Iron head

Lucario, Im not so sure on, but I tough it would match sandstorm pretty okay.

Trait: Inner Focus prefferd, but not so important.
    IV’s: Prefferd high Attack
    EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Extreme Speed
    - Ice Punch / Crunch / Bullet Punch / Detect

For last 2 spots Im thinking Haxorus, Garchomp, Salamence.

And Forretress or Reuniclus. Maybe even use the legendary Landorus, since I have it, just cant get good things on it Wish legendaries could breed.

Feel free to say what you might wanna add. I tough about using Hippowdown aswell
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2012-10-20 at 06:22 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    You can get happiness up just by running around in circles.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm... that sounds rather boring, but what the hell I've got nothing better to do anyway. :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadith View Post
    ye it does it was orginally the sole reason i caught 1 until i relised how powerful it is when i raised it for AP lol

Im using a Magnezone atm, if i use the move relearner to give it thunderwave later, can i relearn the move i got rid of for TW?
    Yep of course you can, from the same move relearner.

---------- Post added 2012-10-20 at 07:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Hmm... that sounds rather boring, but what the hell I've got nothing better to do anyway. :3
    You can also give the pokemon Vitamins (proteins, calciums, w/e you want to use). And as a person above mentioned. Join avenue has some pretty nice things for that. Soothe Bell also works and if I'm not mistaken it scales up happiness gained from battling.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...p#Generation_V
    There are more methods than just leveling and walking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...p#Generation_V
    There are more methods than just leveling and walking.
    True, but her goal is to get an espeon asap. She isn't going to find the vitamins, berries and groomers that early in the game.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    True, but her goal is to get an espeon asap. She isn't going to find the vitamins, berries and groomers that early in the game.
    There is berries in the game that increase happiness but lower stats. Not really a good thing, but if you are impatient then it is good for you.

Also, for catching the 3 guardian pokemon. I used Magneton and paralyzed them. Brought them down to the red area. Then threw until I had pokeballs left. I've caught 2 of 3 with a pokeball. The 3rd was caught using a Dusk Ball.

10+ Year Old Account
    just completed mains story / got both Reshiram and Kyurem...i would say i prefer white#1 however i really love how it asks you if you want to refresh repel :S saved me so much time :S

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    just completed mains story / got both Reshiram and Kyurem...i would say i prefer white#1 however i really love how it asks you if you want to refresh repel :S saved me so much time :S
    Haha, was loving that feature aswell. Imo, alot of decent changes this game. Both in-game and for battling online w/e.

I will enjoy the move tutor's, so nice for in-game moves...makes it abit easiere + some pokemons gotten better by it, like Conkeldurr w/e.

I'm also happy that the train aint the only option for getting BP, kinda like PWT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Really no way to make Legendaries Breed? Always wanted to use Heatran, but now on the 3rd catch I just give up. So much trouble to keep catching it, to I get one with a good nature and prefferd IV's thats OK, but atleast makes me use Hidden Power Ice:/
    wish they never added the damn IV and natures crap

How are you supposed to get red shards? Need 10 to learn ice punch from move tutor but I feel like there isn't enough to be found.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Astralos View Post
    How are you supposed to get red shards? Need 10 to learn ice punch from move tutor but I feel like there isn't enough to be found.
    I remember an NPC giving me 10x shards while I was going through the main story and I'm trying really hard to remember which one it is. I can't seem to find him though. However, losing at the PWT gives you shards, that sounds like a bargain!

Quote Originally Posted by Astralos View Post
    This was the best I could find quickly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzeNJGuaYCI No idea if its any good.

I will likely also need to farm shards soon :s

---------- Post added 2012-10-21 at 12:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    wish they never added the damn IV and natures crap
    Its not so bad really. Its just the way its done, way to hidden. But this is due to GameFreak/Nintendo just in general sucks with systems, and user-friendly games, if you ask me. Say I could excatctly see my EV's my pokemon got inn the pokemon's tab, or that I could have not some stupid NPC to tell me about my IV's, it would be better.

And obviously egg-farming should be speeded up, running 10k steps for each Metagross egg atm blows

Edit; First 50+ egg's made. Fine results, but only 1 pokemon (My Sassy Tyranitar) with "This Pokémon has relatively superior potential overall", cant even imagine people who got perfect IV's For good meassurements, since 50 egg's aint to much, I looked back on my old b/w while I was trading over, and didnt even see any IV's with superior potential.

uhh doubble edit; Got a Solosis with superior potential now, BUT with both HP and Sp. Atk as 31 =) great stuff.

Also if anyone wants alot of Beldum's, Larvitar's or Solosis do say. They all come with right nature, abbility and mostly only Above average IV. Im mostly looking for Garchomp/Salamence, or some random fun pokemons, or already potential good pokemons like my own. Ask for my friend-code in PM etc
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2012-10-21 at 06:33 PM.