Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    Finally beat the first gym...

Reason it took so long? Ive basically not had a lot of time to allocate for pokemon, and when i had, i was hunting Modest (minus attack, plus special attack) Rilous. Took half an ice age to get it, and i managed to land a neat mareep, psyduck and pidove aswell with decent natures. Coupled with the rest, i now have a team of:
    Oshawott, Purrloin, Psyduck, Mareep, Rilou and Pidove.
    Yes, two waters, and i will most likely switch out Oshawott later on when i get my hands on something else. I want a Growlithe, but aint sure when i will get those, nor what i will get before that, so we'll see.

I know its not really that important if you just want to enjoy the game etc, but i cant help but always wanting a good nature for the ones im going to use. I tend to mind what EVs things give aswell at times, but not always.
    Growlithe is in the Virbank Complex, right before the second gym

As for me, tried Cheren with Oshawott and Riolu last night... Let's just say my predicition skills with Counter are awful.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Growlithe is in the Virbank Complex, right before the second gym

As for me, tried Cheren with Oshawott and Riolu last night... Let's just say my predicition skills with Counter are awful.
    Hehe, I also spammed counter and then Cheren always used work up. After 6 work ups... yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Hehe, I also spammed counter and then Cheren always used work up. After 6 work ups... yeah.
    Oh i did that aswell the first time, big mistake >.<
    Im a bit disappointed the first gym TM is work-up though, i was hoping for some kind of attack.

And thanks for the info Daven, i guess i will be getting my Growlithe soonish then
    ...i foresee a hellish grind to get a growlithe with a nature that satisfies me >.<

Oh, for the records, when are you able to trade over black/white pokemon? It was quite late in those games that you could trade over heartgold ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    Oh, for the records, when are you able to trade over black/white pokemon? It was quite late in those games that you could trade over heartgold ones.
    You can trade from black and white the moment you reach the first pokécenter. Black and white Kyerum just appear as their original formes in older version games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by razisgosu View Post
    I was worried about Pignite for a long time, but once Emboar showed up, it was a thing of the past. Emboar's attack stat is massive.

On that note I became the champion in Black 2 last night. I used Volcarona to stack 6x quiver dance then proceed to sweep the opposing team, until Focus Sash. It all went downhill from there. I did end up beating the champion with my last Pokemon.

Current Team - Emboar, Volcarona, Unfezant, Genesect, Zoroark, and Ampharos.
    Emboar has massive attack, but low speed. Since I started it on challenge mode right from the start (which I assume that wasn't the case for you?) meant that their higher level could mean that they were faster and Emboar would be roast (see what I did there?). In general, opponents other than the Champion and Ghetsis in B/W2 don't have good speeds on their pokemon making Emboar viable. But he'll be a goner easily in say, the PWT. Also, Genesect OP, I tried not to go with 600 base stat pokemon.

Dont worry about catching good pokemons doing the game I used only 3, and fully maxing the game (getting all TM's, trading over some pokemons etc) was about 75 hours.

Just pick 3 you like, and let them level up. Then you can build a team once the game is done
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    By the way, how do I unlock the challenge mode?

And also, the team I've been working on:

Skarmory as a lead/tank
    Gliscor as a bulky sweeper
    Milotic as a sp. def. tank
    Togekiss as a troll (t-wave + flincher with serene grace)
    Haxorus as a sweeper

Not really sure what I should get as 6th, some sort of special attack sweeper could work, Volcarona perhaps?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    By the way, how do I unlock the challenge mode?

And also, the team I've been working on:

Skarmory as a lead/tank
    Gliscor as a bulky sweeper
    Milotic as a sp. def. tank
    Togekiss as a troll (t-wave + flincher with serene grace)
    Haxorus as a sweeper

Not really sure what I should get as 6th, some sort of special attack sweeper could work, Volcarona perhaps?
    The only way you could've started as challenge mode right from the start is to have had a friend who beat the champion (and therefore got the challenge key) to unlock it for you. That's how I did it and I gotta tell you it was way more fun.

Need a good Dragon type other then Haxorus. Are there any? I'm just about to face 7th gym leader

Quote Originally Posted by XImpossibruX View Post
    Need a good Dragon type other then Haxorus. Are there any? I'm just about to face 7th gym leader
    I think Flygon is the only one you can get at that point. I'm using one on my team right now and he's decent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen a shiny since the original silver, when I caught a Shiny Hoothoot and Dunsparce (and of course Gyrados).

Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    I think Flygon is the only one you can get at that point. I'm using one on my team right now and he's decent.
    Dam I wanted a Hydregion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azlarn View Post
    Emboar has massive attack, but low speed. Since I started it on challenge mode right from the start (which I assume that wasn't the case for you?) meant that their higher level could mean that they were faster and Emboar would be roast (see what I did there?). In general, opponents other than the Champion and Ghetsis in B/W2 don't have good speeds on their pokemon making Emboar viable. But he'll be a goner easily in say, the PWT. Also, Genesect OP, I tried not to go with 600 base stat pokemon.
    I did not have the option to start on challenge mode. I may do this with white as I have both versions. I usually beat one, take a bit of a break with something else and then move to another version.

A lot of people complain about legendaries on the main team, but I have no problem with it. Genesect is strong, but far from OP. A fast fire type and he's as good as 1 shot.

Quote Originally Posted by razisgosu View Post
    I did not have the option to start on challenge mode. I may do this with white as I have both versions. I usually beat one, take a bit of a break with something else and then move to another version.

A lot of people complain about legendaries on the main team, but I have no problem with it. Genesect is strong, but far from OP. A fast fire type and he's as good as 1 shot.
    Genesect can't really take advantage of it's amazing typing due to it's defense. Bug and Steel aren't the best offensive types as they have rarely any good special attacking bug or steel moves.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I come home from to work to find out my brother got White 2 so the two of us sit down and play to the first gym. Get to Cheren with each of us having only a LV 14 starter (me: Tepig/bro: Snivy).

-Little brother uses Growth and sweeps him easy. I taught him well.
    -I proceed to get Tail Whip'd and Work Up'd to death. It's like this game hates me.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Just picked up Black 2 over the weekend. Made it through the first gym. Was nice to see it not be a tutorial pushover. Trying to decide if I should go with a challenge team or not (something like lowest stat pokemon or whatnot).
    Walking to Mordor. 120.4/6230km
    1RMs: bench-111.1kg, squat-147.4kg, deadlift-158.8kg

Deleted
    Genesect can't really take advantage of it's amazing typing due to it's defense. Bug and Steel aren't the best offensive types as they have rarely any good special attacking bug or steel moves.
    Bug Buzz, X-Scissor, Iron Head ? All of them are fairly strong, and Genesect's Atk and Sp. Atk are quite decent (both of them 120 base), also, a 99 speed is very good too (of course IVs and Nature matter too). Either way, I doubt you'll find any pokemon outspeeding it during the main story especially if not on challenge mode.

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 03:03 PM ----------

Zweilous can be found in Victory Road if you really want one but it evolves into a Hydreigon at level 64, not highly recommended for main story finishing as you're not likely to get your pokemon to that level anyway, if you're raising 6 at a time.

But yeah, Haxorus works really well, 1 Dragon Dance and then roflstomp through everything.
    Last edited by mmoc2fdc1312bd; 2012-11-06 at 03:04 PM.

I getting Pokemon Black v2 for my birthday, I haven't played since I beat Red, Blue, Yellow. I understand that Pokemon now isn't like anything I have played before.

What do I need to know?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    I getting Pokemon Black v2 for my birthday, I haven't played since I beat Red, Blue, Yellow. I understand that Pokemon now isn't like anything I have played before.

What do I need to know?

Moves are now physical (melee) and speciel (elemental/ranged). That is the biggest thing, cause this useally means inn 9 out off 10 cases that using Fireblast on you're fightning type pokemon aint worth it, cause its Sp. Atk state is to low, to let it hit for much. So only use physical attacks for physical pokemons, UNLESS the pokemon has 100 atk and sp. atk - Then multi-attacks can work (Good examples are most Legendaries, Lucario).

You're hole team you play the game trough...enjoy that team for what it is, cause once you're done completing the game, there essentially useless.

This is where you haft to decide if you even care about pokemon games much, and want to continue. Building a good-trained team is atleast 20-50 hours work the first time. You first get like 100 battle points witch are easy enough to get, just takes time, to buy EV-items. Then you begin breed pokemons for right nature and so on, and then you equip hold item for EV training, and kill about 30 pokemons that gives to +atk. This is very simplified version.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lucario Sweeper @ Hold item. http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/lucario

Trait: Inner Focus
    IV’s: Above average potential + Attack.
    EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed
    Nature: Adamant
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Extreme Speed
    - Ice Punch
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an example of my Lucario. First of all it got an abbility (Some abblities are crap, other abblities are game-breaking, and if you dont get X pokemon with its right abblity its pointless, other abblities makes you build the pokemon around it etc), its hidden-stats or just IV's are good for physical attacks such as Close combat, its EV's are trained for attack and speed, and the nature furthere increases attack state by 10% and lower its sp.Atk state by 10%.

Edit: Will suggest you read trough most pages inn this thread, many people included moi posted some stuff. I did a complete list of usefull pokemons for in-game teams, you can get easly while playing the game. I personally made a OK competive team just by using in-game pokemons, its very possibely to get a good team even for online stuff, by not going out of you're ways, trading etc.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2012-12-03 at 10:33 AM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    So, we've had the games for about a month or two now. Does anyone have any regrets? Whether it be from not RNGing that Genesect to picking the wrong starter, or choosing the other version of the game, I bet we all have a few. Mine are:
    Picking Oshawott as a starter. It has a bad design, and was sub par in battle. Snivy can learn growth and coil, and has a better design. Tepig let me blitz through B1 very quickly.
    I was so terribly useless at the storyline that I traded some pokemon over from B1, and because they had flawless ivs and were ev trained, I completely smashed through everything without a second thought. Although that was fun, it would have been cool to raise another pokemon team.
    I also should have raised a team for wifi battles. Why Nintendo just can't let us have regular 6v6 battles with no uber legendaries I don't understand.

However, the plus sides are:
    I now have an ev trained sun team of 6 lv100 pokemon, who also have flawless ivs.
    I am happy with choosing B2 over W2.
    My Genesect is flawless, with a naive nature.
    Dewott (it never got into its final evolution) is a good HM slave.

I'd like to hear how other people's pokemon experience turned out.
    Last edited by mmoc772d9b4259; 2012-12-14 at 05:47 PM.