Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Moves are now physical (melee) and speciel (elemental/ranged). That is the biggest thing, cause this useally means inn 9 out off 10 cases that using Fireblast on you're fightning type pokemon aint worth it, cause its Sp. Atk state is to low, to let it hit for much. So only use physical attacks for physical pokemons, UNLESS the pokemon has 100 atk and sp. atk - Then multi-attacks can work (Good examples are most Legendaries, Lucario).

You're hole team you play the game trough...enjoy that team for what it is, cause once you're done completing the game, there essentially useless.

This is where you haft to decide if you even care about pokemon games much, and want to continue. Building a good-trained team is atleast 20-50 hours work the first time. You first get like 100 battle points witch are easy enough to get, just takes time, to buy EV-items. Then you begin breed pokemons for right nature and so on, and then you equip hold item for EV training, and kill about 30 pokemons that gives to +atk. This is very simplified version.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lucario Sweeper @ Hold item. http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/lucario

Trait: Inner Focus
    IV’s: Above average potential + Attack.
    EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed
    Nature: Adamant
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Extreme Speed
    - Ice Punch
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an example of my Lucario. First of all it got an abbility (Some abblities are crap, other abblities are game-breaking, and if you dont get X pokemon with its right abblity its pointless, other abblities makes you build the pokemon around it etc), its hidden-stats or just IV's are good for physical attacks such as Close combat, its EV's are trained for attack and speed, and the nature furthere increases attack state by 10% and lower its sp.Atk state by 10%.

Edit: Will suggest you read trough most pages inn this thread, many people included moi posted some stuff. I did a complete list of usefull pokemons for in-game teams, you can get easly while playing the game. I personally made a OK competive team just by using in-game pokemons, its very possibely to get a good team even for online stuff, by not going out of you're ways, trading etc.
    I have to admit. I wish I could just find, catch, level up and just battle other people's Pokemon without all this EV shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I have to admit. I wish I could just find, catch, level up and just battle other people's Pokemon without all this EV shit.
    I used to think that, but I've been getting into it more recently and it's not bad at all. Go to a hotspot, put on a good movie or TV show, and tap the touchscreen for a couple hours. Rinse and repeat for your six Pokemon over the course of a week. It doesn't take too long, and you don't even have to pay attention the game.

I will admit I'd prefer the game without them, but they're not terrible. IVs and Natures I find even worse.
    Also, they're kind of necessary to make your Pokemon stronger than wild and trainer ones. It's not all about competitive play.
    Last edited by Duruka; 2013-01-11 at 08:35 PM.

Finished the first encounter with the Elite Four and the Champion finally. Did it with a Lapras (L61), Scrafty (L65) and Metagross (L61). Theoretically could have dropped the Metagross in the Champion fight, but Scrafty and Iris' Archeops didn't play well together.
    Walking to Mordor. 120.4/6230km
    1RMs: bench-111.1kg, squat-147.4kg, deadlift-158.8kg

Shiny starting pokemon in black2/white2

So, I started trying to get a shiny starter in my black2 version a few days ago and I was wandering if anyone here has ever gone for a shiny starter. If so how long did it take? Im on day 3 with a little over 100 resets done a day throughout the day at different points in time. Just something to do until X and Y come out. I mainly got this so I can transfer my pokemon to the Y version.

Havent tried W/B 2 so not sure if it is possible, but RNG 'abuse' is usually the way to go. Works a dream in white 1. It is an exploit though but only of the numbers not of the hacking variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Pious Lemon View Post
    Havent tried W/B 2 so not sure if it is possible, but RNG 'abuse' is usually the way to go. Works a dream in white 1. It is an exploit though but only of the numbers not of the hacking variety.
    What i RNG abuse? I have been doing soft resets to try and get a shiny snivy. Made a game out of it and started marking what hp and sex they are.

Below is a link to the method for RNG'ing, it is quite difficult to understand initially but i suggest the playlist in the second link to help you:

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_part1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0DA1...9C48D6DC5A6124

Good luck, soon you can get any pokemon shiny with the EV's, nature, gender etc you want.

Below is a link to the method for RNG'ing, it is quite difficult to understand initially but i suggest the playlist in the second link to help you:

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_part1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0DA1...9C48D6DC5A6124

Good luck, soon you can get any pokemon shiny with the EV's, nature, gender etc you want.
    Its not bad is it? Like the pokemon are legit instead of hacked stuff? Just don't want a fake one. Trying to get a real one that I can use anywhere.

They are 100% normal and are essentially indistinguishable from normally caught ones (apart from having so many shiny, great EV's etc) however I am not certain about how the community view them in general, I'm not a part of it.

They are 100% normal and are essentially indistinguishable from normally caught ones (apart from having so many shiny, great EV's etc) however I am not certain about how the community view them in general, I'm not a part of it.
    Finally tried it but I got confused. The youtube has a link and all of the guides say to catch a pokemon with sweet scent to set up a seed. However, I am not able to catch a pokemon with sweet scent since my game in new so I am unsure how to set up a profile without that.