10+ Year Old Account

Getting white dotes in Zones.

Hey guys, i been having this problem for about 3 month, this is how it looks, showing two images since i don't know, i just took two images.

http://i.imgur.com/c3FSK.jpg

Anyone know what i should do.

Graphic Card: Asus GTX 560
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-08 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Big Thing Gone, Link Now Our!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what a dote is. I thought maybe you meant dot, but I can't find any white dots in your screenshot, either. They both look fine to me...

10+ Year Old Account
    aah, ill try to post a 1920x1080 (No Thumbnail) screenshot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see any dots in your screenshots. Are you sure it's not dead pixels in your monitor?

If you zoom in at the center of the screen there are a bunch of little white dots.

Saw the other poster above after hitting submit, it looks like AA might not be functioning properly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you definitely have white pixels all over, and it's very likely related to the graphics card (if it was your monitor, a screen capture wouldn't show it anyway). Have you updated your drivers recently? If you have, you could try rolling them back to the last version to see if it clears it. If not, I'd update them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, ill try updating drivers

Deleted
    Try setting WoW to use directX 9 (this is done in the launcher: Options -> Game preferences). Had the same problem and going from DX11 back to DX9 (which always causes less problems for me) fixed it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    Try setting WoW to use directX 9 (this is done in the launcher: Options -> Game preferences). Had the same problem and going from DX11 back to DX9 (which always causes less problems for me) fixed it
    Why go after a fly with a rocket launcher? There'll be a driver update or some other setting to sort it out.

Anyone with a DirectX 11 graphics card should always be using DX11 rendering for the framerate gain alone.

I totally see it. Okay, what's happening is that you're seeing the seems between the larger textures. It's a bit freaky but happens a lot in the older areas with the revamped graphics.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Set your multisampling to x1.

Deleted
    Also have the same problems in old zones. Thought I was seeing things!

Set your multisampling to 1 and put it back to where it was, I've had this issue as well.

Deleted
    I have the same problem when i set the multisampling to 2, but the problem disappears when it's on 1, 4 or 8.