Explosive Shot ; SV questions

When Lock and load procs do we use ES one round after another ( OR) do we use ES wait for it to tick then reapply . Also currently is it better to have 5% crit buff from wolf or mastery buff from cat . In SV spec does our damage increase by a set amount when Serpent Sting is applied like in Cata

Fire off the Explosive shots back to back without waiting. The sooner you get it on CD the sooner you can shoot it again.

The buff depends on your setup, group, raid. Bring whatever is needed.

The 10% damage increase to targets affected by Serpent Sting has been removed. Serpent is just a weak DoT now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhryke View Post

The buff depends on your setup, group, raid. Bring whatever is needed.
    Still doesn't answer which buff is better if you had to choose between the 2. There can be situations where you will have to choose between the 2 buffs due to not having the right composition (solo, 5mans, weird 10mans)

Quote Originally Posted by knumskul View Post
    Still doesn't answer which buff is better if you had to choose between the 2. There can be situations where you will have to choose between the 2 buffs due to not having the right composition (solo, 5mans, weird 10mans)
    Lets review, which secondary stat is better Crit or Mastery? Survey says "Crit". =)

Running my own numbers through FD (365 item level)...

Crit = Haste > Spell Damage = Mastery > Armor = Physical. The three tiers at about 2200, 1500 and 900dps respectively.

These numbers all make sense via FD's stat weights too. Crit rating comes out valued roughly double haste rating, however the haste raid buff is 10% while crit is 5%, thus the buffs end up about equal in importance. Spell Damage and Mastery are both 5% spell damage, thus you'd expect them to sim close.

Deleted
    Explosive shot question have been answered but not fully. Before we did 2x ES, filler, ES. (Or the other way around ES, filler, 2x ES) and that was because of how it worked as a DoT and the last tick from the first ES would get added in to the second ES. But firing the third ES would make you lose one tick.
    How it works now is that the damage of each tick gets increased the more ES's you fire off so that means that yes, we get less ticks if we fire them all (like before) but each tick does more damage now.

5% crit is better than 3000 mastery.

I am using the Hyena over the Wolf for solo/5man. The Haste buff is bigger and affects my focus regen so i prefer it.

Serpent sting gives you 3 focus every few seconds regardless if its on 1 or 50 targets. Try to always have it up on as many targets as possible for maximal benefit. If you can't its not that much of a issue as before.

Explosive shots no longer clip. You have to fire all 3 as soon as you can to have its cooldown reset as fast as possible. Explosive shot damage is laughable at the moment so i would move to BM if i was you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Explosive shots no longer clip. You have to fire all 3 as soon as you can to have its cooldown reset as fast as possible. Explosive shot damage is laughable at the moment so i would move to BM if i was you.
    Just a quick test on the dummy shows ES doing (3x 10k) 30k damage for a 25 focus cost. And kill command did 30k damage with a 40 focus cost.

And ES is not the only thing that does damage as survival so I don't quite see your reasoning for switching spec based only on the damage of the signature spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Just a quick test on the dummy shows ES doing (3x 10k) 30k damage for a 25 focus cost. And kill command did 30k damage with a 40 focus cost.
    To further iterate, comparing a top Survival hunter parse to a top BM hunter parse, the average per use was 67k for KC, 62k for Exp. KC is very slightly stronger but costs almost 2x as much focus. Explosive isn't the only reason survivals single target is hurting.