Deleted

Interesting clip about work and money [Video]

http://www.wimp.com/noobject/

I wish it was more in the world like this.

What would you like to do if money were no object

I would myself work at a zoo, I love animals.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a pretty thought, but unfortunately money is an object. There's such a thing as supply and demand. If 20% of people wanted to be painters, frankly there wouldn't be enough demand to buy their paintings. No one grows up thinking, "I want to do inter-company cross-charges for a living," but that job IS needed.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Do you think enough people love working with garbage to employ a sanitation work force? It's a nice idea, but impractical. If you didn't get money for working with septic tanks why would you do that over being unemployed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people have to do the shiz work, otherwise we'd have no infrastructure. Really though, these days I feel that a lot of people are desperate to have any job at all, even if it's something totally awful.

I think this sort of video has long since ceased to be what I'd call interesting. The reality is that most people don't get to do something they love for a living, and they sure don't get to do the thing they love the most for a living. Not a lot of people are willing to pay for things that almost everyone enjoys, which makes it hard to earn a living watching football, drinking beer, and having relations with the girlfriend. The goal isn't to pick something I love, it's to pick something I tolerate.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Although I don't look the part I'd kill to be a dungeon-man or an executioner. (On a more serious note, I'd love to be an archaeologist/historian or what most people in the wow section of the forums want to be the the designers that come up with the ideas about the game, put them on paper and then tell the programmers to make it happen.)