Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    According to the danish Mensa, the "real" test they use nowadays has only 15 point of deviation(this is translated, so I'm not sure its the correct term in english) whereas the older ones had 24 - so you have to convert older numbers if you wanna compare to the new one. if you score 120+ on the new one they have you are in the top 10% (world wide basis, not just danish).

Hope that explains some of these high internet test numbers - also, most internet test are made by complete amateurs. Even if they charge money for them.
    Last edited by Dracus; 2012-10-11 at 09:06 AM.

Thought process of people when posting in this thread:

My IQ is 105 (hm maybe that is too low. I remember taking that lame test from some random webpage that said I had 138 on the third time I did it, yeah that one is more likely) So yeah I did an IQ test and got 138, but no biggie I don't really think IQ tests matter. (hm I'm not really sure if it was 138 or 148, might as well just say 158, it's not like anyone will know.

So yeah I did do one of those reliable professional IQ tests at an IQ centers, got 158 but not really sure it was worth paying 200$ for a high quality tests - since they aren't really accurate at measuring true intelligence, so someone with 105 is just as good (but I have 158 and you losers don't haha

IQ tests don't really show anything more than how good you are at taking an IQ test.

There are lots of different types of intelligence, OP. I think a key is to figure out what type you excel at and learn to capitalize on it.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 04:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Or maybe the stupid people are doing stupid things like being outside and having sex...

*sigh*
    LOL ...now I know why the shallow end of the gene pool is so crowded
    Atheist, pro-gun, pro-Constitution, anti-racism, pro-equal rights for e...v...e...r...y...o...n...e

Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    Thought process of people when posting in this thread:

My IQ is 105 (hm maybe that is too low. I remember taking that lame test from some random webpage that said I had 138 on the third time I did it, yeah that one is more likely) So yeah I did an IQ test and got 138, but no biggie I don't really think IQ tests matter. (hm I'm not really sure if it was 138 or 148, might as well just say 158, it's not like anyone will know.

So yeah I did do one of those reliable professional IQ tests at an IQ centers, got 158 but not really sure it was worth paying 200$ for a high quality tests - since they aren't really accurate at measuring true intelligence, so someone with 105 is just as good (but I have 158 and you losers don't haha
    Truer words have never been spoken (or typed, in this case).
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.