Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
11
19
20
21
22
LastLast
  1. #401
    According to the danish Mensa, the "real" test they use nowadays has only 15 point of deviation(this is translated, so I'm not sure its the correct term in english) whereas the older ones had 24 - so you have to convert older numbers if you wanna compare to the new one. if you score 120+ on the new one they have you are in the top 10% (world wide basis, not just danish).

    Hope that explains some of these high internet test numbers - also, most internet test are made by complete amateurs. Even if they charge money for them.
    Last edited by Dracus; 2012-10-11 at 09:06 AM.

  2. #402
    Thought process of people when posting in this thread:

    My IQ is 105 (hm maybe that is too low. I remember taking that lame test from some random webpage that said I had 138 on the third time I did it, yeah that one is more likely) So yeah I did an IQ test and got 138, but no biggie I don't really think IQ tests matter. (hm I'm not really sure if it was 138 or 148, might as well just say 158, it's not like anyone will know.

    So yeah I did do one of those reliable professional IQ tests at an IQ centers, got 158 but not really sure it was worth paying 200$ for a high quality tests - since they aren't really accurate at measuring true intelligence, so someone with 105 is just as good (but I have 158 and you losers don't haha

  3. #403

  4. #404
    The Lightbringer HBpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Huntington on the Beach
    Posts
    3,993
    IQ tests don't really show anything more than how good you are at taking an IQ test.

    There are lots of different types of intelligence, OP. I think a key is to figure out what type you excel at and learn to capitalize on it.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 04:12 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Or maybe the stupid people are doing stupid things like being outside and having sex...

    *sigh*
    LOL ...now I know why the shallow end of the gene pool is so crowded
    You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These "civilized" people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve

  5. #405
    Dreadlord Snuffleupagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In front of my keyboard.
    Posts
    864
    Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    Thought process of people when posting in this thread:

    My IQ is 105 (hm maybe that is too low. I remember taking that lame test from some random webpage that said I had 138 on the third time I did it, yeah that one is more likely) So yeah I did an IQ test and got 138, but no biggie I don't really think IQ tests matter. (hm I'm not really sure if it was 138 or 148, might as well just say 158, it's not like anyone will know.

    So yeah I did do one of those reliable professional IQ tests at an IQ centers, got 158 but not really sure it was worth paying 200$ for a high quality tests - since they aren't really accurate at measuring true intelligence, so someone with 105 is just as good (but I have 158 and you losers don't haha
    Truer words have never been spoken (or typed, in this case).
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

  6. #406
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    I keep hearing people talking about their IQs or IQ levels in general, and there's one thing that bothers me... I don't know mine. I've never taken an IQ test, and I find it bothersome to go out of my way and take one, but enough about me. What is your IQ level?
    alot of pretty bright people suggest human beings has 7 intelligences.
    Were we only get one type of intelligence tested with a Mensa test fx.
    Would have to be put in some very unfamiliar circumstances, cant just measure the 7 IQ's with a internet test or paper test.

    Anyways never gave alot of fuck about IQ tests, got challenged to do the Mensa one, did it in 10 mins and got 124.
    Think its around 10 years ago now.

  7. #407
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    263
    Purposely refuse to get it tested! Truly intelligent and creative people are on the frontline of cutting edge science and the arts.

  8. #408
    Never officially tested it, unofficial internet tests have scored me at 120-125 each time. I have a pretty easy time with patterns and logical sequences.

    Let it be said that I'm a fucking idiot when it comes to stuff like numbers and sitting on my ass in class listening to a teacher drone on. Haven't been in school for five years. I won't be getting any science degrees or smart people degrees or whatever. I'm happily content with droning away with my current job (which I really enjoy!).
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Q: But who are the forum QQers going to QQ at now?
    A: They'll find another name and still miss the point that Blizzard designs as a collective.

  9. #409
    Herald of the Titans Seiko Sora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Void
    Posts
    2,560
    152 last I checked, on the downside I shut down during social interactions. Spoken to 5 people in the last 10 years.

  10. #410
    Does it lower your IQ if you necro a 3-year-old thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Cutting your subscription base in half in just 6 months. #justwarlordsthings

  11. #411
    While we're on the topic, how big is your penis?

    Seems pointless to worry over IQ, as I can't think of any day-to-day jobs or activities that need to know that number. Certain clubs and societies, maybe, but that's about it. In fact, mentioning your IQ on a résumé sounds like an easy way to *not* get a job!

  12. #412
    Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    While we're on the topic, how big is your penis?

    Seems pointless to worry over IQ, as I can't think of any day-to-day jobs or activities that need to know that number. Certain clubs and societies, maybe, but that's about it. In fact, mentioning your IQ on a résumé sounds like an easy way to *not* get a job!
    The bigger the bratwurst is the bigger chance of mating. 33,33% chance, repeating of course.
    Please feed the troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Hitler's germany wasnt that bad if you take away you know... the racial supremacy and all that jazz.
    I mean national socialism isnt that bad

    But yeah I think Erdogan has lost the plot

  13. #413
    Legendary! Gothicshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Posts
    6,631
    During my lifetime IQ tests and results have changed dramatically. When I was 8 my IQ was tested on an European scale, and I got what was at the time the highest possible score (200+ in 1979). On more recent tests my IQ has been found to be at lower levels. This is due to inaccuracies of the IQ testing concepts, and because the metric is changed ever few years.

    Results:
    1979- 200+
    1980- 190
    1991 - 165
    1992 - 145
    1999 - 135
    2001 - 120
    2010 - 148

  14. #414
    Why this thread exists when there is another IQ thread with Poll System?

  15. #415
    Quote Originally Posted by Creem Pie View Post
    Why this thread exists when there is another IQ thread with Poll System?
    -This is a much older thread, creation date was in 2012.
    -The more recent thread that has the poll, connects to a pattern recognition test which is only one component of an IQ test. It has several flaws, most importantly it does not account for the age of the taker. Don't base how fast you are able to learn off of that one. For a more accurate result, have a Psychologist administer one such as the WAIS in a controlled setting. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wechsl...lligence_Scale

  16. #416
    Pandaren Monk Sykol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    1,967
    My IQ is 210 but it won't let me link screenshots or whatever.

  17. #417
    You can't reliably measure an IQ over 135. Not possible.
    Mine however is around 118-125. I've been tested by the army and by a private company for a job application. My I.Q is what is to be expected from someone with my socioeconomic background and education apparently.

  18. #418
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    I've never taken one, but I think it's logical to assume that mine is VERY low. I'm sure most people haven't taken a REAL IQ test.
    But you have a cute chick in your avatar, I accept you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    During my lifetime IQ tests and results have changed dramatically. When I was 8 my IQ was tested on an European scale, and I got what was at the time the highest possible score (200+ in 1979). On more recent tests my IQ has been found to be at lower levels. This is due to inaccuracies of the IQ testing concepts, and because the metric is changed ever few years.

    Results:
    1979- 200+
    1980- 190
    1991 - 165
    1992 - 145
    1999 - 135
    2001 - 120
    2010 - 148
    lol my guidance counselor told me shit like this. "You measured at an IQ of 198 as a freshman, but this last testing, you only scored a 164... are you bored in your classwork?" Lady... you are asking a 15 year old, if he is bored... FUCK OFF. ABACADABA all the way down!
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

  19. #419
    Old God Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    10,910
    142 in the Mensa test.... not sure which IQ scale it was, but high enough to join Mensa.

  20. #420
    I was told by my teachers and parents that I was really smart when I was younger. I thought, heck let's join Mensa... only to find out on their test that I was just above average with an IQ of 125. Now after some years in the real adult world and university, I'm even skeptical about that. I just do and say too much stupid stuff to make be me believe I'm even beating the average.
    My 3d animation in World of Warcraft: https://www.youtube.com/user/MasterVertex

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •