Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by runawaybishop View Post
    Consider that those who have low IQs are too embarrassed to post them. Here you get 1) braggers or 2) liars.
    Or maybe the stupid people are doing stupid things like being outside and having sex...

*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Or maybe the stupid people are doing stupid things like being outside and having sex...

*sigh*
    I usually do that when I am not on MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I usually do that when I am not on MMO.
    Living on the edge, I see...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    136, although scoring well on an IQ test really only shows that you're good at IQ tests, not that you're intelligent.
    Skullmaster - Slathe - Duat - Tamriel

Absolutely everything happens for a reason - Omnia Causa Fiunt.

well, I have not taken any "official" IQ tests, but I did take a number of internet IQ tests and they are wildly variable. Out of the 3 tests I have taken, I scored 70, 189 and 212 respectively. Now, as someone doing a master's degree in bio-nano-composites I know I cannot be "clinically retarded" as the score of 70 indicates. But to think I have an IQ score 30 points higher (score of 189) than Albert Einstein is just ridiculous. And I don't even think IQ points can be higher than 200 lol

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I took one when I was probably 8 or 9, I forget but i think it was somewhere in between 115-135. Haven't taken a single one since.
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

138 a few years ago
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Online test - 151
    IRL - about 100

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I was given an IQ test when I was younger and scored I think in the 120's or 130's. I think differently most and the instant you think differently, as long as it's not homicidal maniac thinking, then everyone thinks you're smarter in some way shape or form. In reality I'm just different thinker, it doesn't mean I'm more intelligent.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by runawaybishop View Post
    Consider that those who have low IQs are too embarrassed to post them. Here you get 1) braggers or 2) liars.
    I'm going with option 2, given some of the tripe I've seen posted from some of these "geniuses".
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Deleted
    113 from a test :P

It stopped being accepted as a true method of measuring intelligence quite a while back. I scored a 147 on the last official one I did, which was required for a course I was taking at the time. Mind, we're talking about several years ago, and I'm pretty sure I've only grown stupid since.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    Welcome to the internet, where everyone is a genius, ripped, and has a 16 inch penis (or is pencil thin, a genius, and has E cups).
    and-- Welcome to the internet where men are men, the women are also men, and the 12 year olds are FBI agents.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Deleted
    According to the danish Mensa, the "real" test they use nowadays has only 15 point of deviation(this is translated, so I'm not sure its the correct term in english) whereas the older ones had 24 - so you have to convert older numbers if you wanna compare to the new one. if you score 120+ on the new one they have you are in the top 10% (world wide basis, not just danish).

Hope that explains some of these high internet test numbers - also, most internet test are made by complete amateurs. Even if they charge money for them.
    Last edited by mmoc4e780bebc1; 2012-10-11 at 09:06 AM.

Deleted
    Thought process of people when posting in this thread:

My IQ is 105 (hm maybe that is too low. I remember taking that lame test from some random webpage that said I had 138 on the third time I did it, yeah that one is more likely) So yeah I did an IQ test and got 138, but no biggie I don't really think IQ tests matter. (hm I'm not really sure if it was 138 or 148, might as well just say 158, it's not like anyone will know.

So yeah I did do one of those reliable professional IQ tests at an IQ centers, got 158 but not really sure it was worth paying 200$ for a high quality tests - since they aren't really accurate at measuring true intelligence, so someone with 105 is just as good (but I have 158 and you losers don't haha

Deleted
    10charz

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    IQ tests don't really show anything more than how good you are at taking an IQ test.

There are lots of different types of intelligence, OP. I think a key is to figure out what type you excel at and learn to capitalize on it.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 04:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post

*sigh*
    LOL ...now I know why the shallow end of the gene pool is so crowded

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    Thought process of people when posting in this thread:

My IQ is 105 (hm maybe that is too low. I remember taking that lame test from some random webpage that said I had 138 on the third time I did it, yeah that one is more likely) So yeah I did an IQ test and got 138, but no biggie I don't really think IQ tests matter. (hm I'm not really sure if it was 138 or 148, might as well just say 158, it's not like anyone will know.

So yeah I did do one of those reliable professional IQ tests at an IQ centers, got 158 but not really sure it was worth paying 200$ for a high quality tests - since they aren't really accurate at measuring true intelligence, so someone with 105 is just as good (but I have 158 and you losers don't haha
    Truer words have never been spoken (or typed, in this case).
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    I keep hearing people talking about their IQs or IQ levels in general, and there's one thing that bothers me... I don't know mine. I've never taken an IQ test, and I find it bothersome to go out of my way and take one, but enough about me. What is your IQ level?
    alot of pretty bright people suggest human beings has 7 intelligences.
    Were we only get one type of intelligence tested with a Mensa test fx.
    Would have to be put in some very unfamiliar circumstances, cant just measure the 7 IQ's with a internet test or paper test.

Anyways never gave alot of fuck about IQ tests, got challenged to do the Mensa one, did it in 10 mins and got 124.
    Think its around 10 years ago now.

Purposely refuse to get it tested! Truly intelligent and creative people are on the frontline of cutting edge science and the arts.