Deleted

Feng tank help (probably very easy question.)

Hello, my guild -Lunar- had our first raid night tonight.
    It took us a good hour to get the dogs down, (simply the tanks getting used to it).

However, Feng is causing us some problems, so far as to suggest it feels bugged.

I am a healer, so please forgive my dull explanation of what is going wrong.

Ranged and healers stack in the middle, and the melee are behind the boss, with the tanks facing him away.
    We understand all the concepts of the phase (and other phases), but I think the tanks are unsure of what to click on, when to use shroud of reversal, who they actually have to target, etc. Sometimes they manage to get that barrier thing (nullify?) to stem the damage, but most of the time they are very confused of how it works; as in, who is channeling what, who they are supposed to target, etc. The fight seems incredibly easy, hell, a few times we managed just heal through the damage and deal with the Wild Fire mechanics and got him to 30%, but everyone is unsure of what exactly the tanks need to press, as they both swear blindly that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Any advice on step by step, who to target, what to do and when? (for tanks only, concerning the reversal mechanic.)

Deleted
    If it works or not, i can not argue, it didn't bug out for us that much i know. Now, regarding the usage of the 2 spells, as you stated healers and range stack in the middle and mellee behind the boss. However, only 1 tank is infront of the boss, while other one is with the mellee. Boss will hit MT with a lightning charge and stun him briefly, not both tanks need to be stunned. Tank which has got Reversal Shroud, stand with the mellee, when boss casts any of the spells, for example Flaming Spear, the tank with Reversal Shroud targets the player which has been hit, gets Flaming Spear, targets the boss and uses the Extra Attack. This will result in one tank getting alot of DPS throughout he fight (most logs have tank as top dps on this fight). Other tank (for us MT which was me) gets Nulification Barrier. When boss is casting Epicenter, or any other AOE mechanic which is extremely hard to heal (atm hard with low gear) ALL stack behind the boss, on mellee, and tank with Barrier uses the extra button to shield the raid from dmg of the spell. The barrier will last for 2/3 of the AOE so best used at 20% cast of the boss's spell. This means that your MT will have to stack with the raid, as only 10 yds arround him are shielded from dmg.
    One more thing to add, tanks don't have to be the ones taking the Nulification Barrier and Reversal Shroud, but allowing DPS and Healers to do their job undisrupted helps alot, so if your tanks are having trouble with these spells let someone else try it and they focus on tanking only.
    Hope his helps and GL with the kill

The thing to note is BOTH buffs are channeled abilities which means the caster must remain still.

Nullification barrier can be used every other major ability Feng uses: Arcane Velocity, Epicenter and Draw Flame.
    Plop the draw flame and velocity ones at his feet, and drop the epicenter ones wherever you designate your raid to stack. The channel lasts for 6 seconds and the specials last for 8 negating most of the damage.

Shroud of reversal can be used in many different ways which lead to different strategies. Every single one of Fengs spells are stealable using the buff. A quick list and their uses.

Tank DOT: Get it by channeling on the tank when it is applied, usually not worth getting.
    Epicenter: Channel on a raid member that takes damage from it (1 tick is needed) and can recast on Feng. Note that is follows the same rules as it will do more damage the closer to Feng you are when you cast it.
    Lightning Fist: Channel on the other tank who intentionally gets hit by it. Useful for interrupting every other epicenter if healers are having trouble keeping up as it will stun Feng.
    Wildfire Spark: Channel on a raid member who has the debuff. Applies a self buff that will make you do extra fire damage on melee swings (5-6 stacks usually).
    Arcane Velocity: Channel on anyone who is hit by arcane velocity. Follows the same rules, go as far away as possible before using for maximum damage.
    Have not stolen arcane resonance.

It seems the cool down of the spell is 30 seconds from when the spell is picked up regardless if you use it or not. The spell itself lasts for 20 seconds and its duration can be seen on your debuffs.

Hope this helps. Good luck! Let me know if you need help with anything else.
    Last edited by Squishei; 2012-10-09 at 11:35 AM. Reason: grammar