Thread: which trinket?

Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    which trinket?

    So I have
    1) http://www.wowhead.com/item=81192
    2)http://www.wowhead.com/item=81263
    Which of these should I replace with http://www.wowhead.com/item=79331#comments
    if I replace the first one, I get an 100+int with int proc, but if I replace the 2nd one I lose the 4k int proc but gain the 956 int. help please
    Last edited by fearist; 2012-10-06 at 06:56 PM.

  2. #2
    Replace the second one if you are hit capped or very near the cap. The passive+ the proc of the first trinket is better than the second one.

  3. #3
    High Overlord Adeltor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    K 1914 AX
    Posts
    139

    hmm

    OK So I'm an alchemist and i have a Zen Alchemist's Stone + Mithril Wristwatch. I just got my Darkmoon Faire card, so I'd like to know what do you guys think i should exchange it for?

    From my expirience so far it seems like the Alchemist's Stone procs a lot more than the Coren Darkbrew's Wristwatch. And besides, the Wristwatch only has a 10 seconds duration. So I'm thinking of replacing it, but do you guys think this is right? Or maybe just replace the Alchemist's trinket with some dungeon trinket?

    I'd like to read some opinions, thanks in advance.

    P.S. It will be nice to have an "official what trinket thread" as we used to have on Cataclysm. Cuz that "ZOMG WHAT TRINKET SHOULD I USE" is killing me, and I believe a lot of people

  4. #4
    alchemy stone is better than brew fest trinket.

    seriously brew fest trinket is shit, its even worse than ghost iron dragonling(unless you have engineering goggle) and even heroic dungeon trinkets

    swizzle should make trinket sticky again or else we will be flooded with trinket threads

    DMC>alchemy>heroic dungeon>dragonling
    Last edited by Soulstrike; 2012-10-07 at 12:27 AM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    So I have
    1) http://www.wowhead.com/item=81192
    2)http://www.wowhead.com/item=81263
    Which of these should I replace with http://www.wowhead.com/item=79331#comments
    if I replace the first one, I get an 100+int with int proc, but if I replace the 2nd one I lose the 4k int proc but gain the 956 int. help please
    If you are fire then replace the hit trinket, for other specs would loose the crit proc trinket

  6. #6
    I've got a Darkmoon Trinket and that is kinda bis for us... But i have doubt about 2 trinket .. I'm thinking to use Intelect trinket with crit procc (playing fire) before the hit trinket or Coren Direbrew trinket ?

  7. #7
    Obviously the intelect trinket is better than the hit one.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    alchemy stone is better than brew fest trinket.

    seriously brew fest trinket is shit, its even worse than ghost iron dragonling(unless you have engineering goggle) and even heroic dungeon trinkets

    swizzle should make trinket sticky again or else we will be flooded with trinket threads

    DMC>alchemy>heroic dungeon>dragonling
    source? id really like to take this serious as i hate the direbrew trinket too
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

  9. #9
    Bloodsail Admiral Rinoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In an igloo.
    Posts
    1,131
    Has anyone done the number crunching on the DMC trinket versus heroic raid trinkets? It seems to be fairly strong, but will it remain BiS through the tier, even when taking into account that we'll be getting heroic ones?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    Has anyone done the number crunching on the DMC trinket versus heroic raid trinkets? It seems to be fairly strong, but will it remain BiS through the tier, even when taking into account that we'll be getting heroic ones?
    from Fire's point of view.. only heroic Essence of terror seems to have better relative value, but then again I cant actually run proper simulation until profilers get updated..

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    Has anyone done the number crunching on the DMC trinket versus heroic raid trinkets? It seems to be fairly strong, but will it remain BiS through the tier, even when taking into account that we'll be getting heroic ones?
    the elegon heroic trinket has 45icd so i think it will beat the dmc BUT!! i think DMC is better than normal version of sha of fear one but not heroic (haste is proc is meh with huge icd 90s)

  12. #12
    DMC + VotP Definitely. Get hit capped some other way, Expertise enchant if you have to.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 04:04 AM ----------

    BiS are Heroic Terror and DMC.
    Last edited by KoolKidKaos; 2012-10-08 at 09:06 AM.

  13. #13
    High Overlord Adeltor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    K 1914 AX
    Posts
    139
    Ok. New problem just turned up yesterday. I have acquired the Jade Magistrate Figurine, which is a random trash-drop trinket. It has 1080 Passive Intellect + 3600 Critical Strike on a 1 min use for 15 seconds. I'm an engineer, so i can't align it up with my Synapse Springs gloves enchant (2000 int, on 1 min cd for 10 secs). On the other hand i have the Zen Alchemist Stone, which procs 4000 intellect for 15 seconds, on a 55 seconds ICD, and besides that gives around 800 mastery, which I personally reforge to hit, so basically 500 mastery, 300 hit.
    The other trinket slot is of course the Relic of Yu'lon, so it's not discussable but what do you guys think about those two? Shall I use the trash-drop trinket or the alchemist's one? I'd like to have some more opinions, thanks in a advance.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Adeltor View Post
    The other trinket slot is of course the Relic of Yu'lon, so it's not discussable but what do you guys think about those two? Shall I use the trash-drop trinket or the alchemist's one? I'd like to have some more opinions, thanks in a advance.
    My instinct tells me the trash drop but I have absolutely no source on this. It's what I'd go with.

  15. #15
    Bloodsail Admiral Rinoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In an igloo.
    Posts
    1,131
    Also, Zen Alchemist Stone or Vision of the Predator for fire? I cannot make up my mind... getting to 15.04/15.03% hit no matter which I replace so that isn't an issue.

  16. #16
    Got Darkmoon Card + int trinket Have to reforge a lot into hit and exp, but I'm at 15%

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Adeltor View Post
    Ok. New problem just turned up yesterday. I have acquired the Jade Magistrate Figurine, which is a random trash-drop trinket. It has 1080 Passive Intellect + 3600 Critical Strike on a 1 min use for 15 seconds. I'm an engineer, so i can't align it up with my Synapse Springs gloves enchant (2000 int, on 1 min cd for 10 secs). On the other hand i have the Zen Alchemist Stone, which procs 4000 intellect for 15 seconds, on a 55 seconds ICD, and besides that gives around 800 mastery, which I personally reforge to hit, so basically 500 mastery, 300 hit.
    The other trinket slot is of course the Relic of Yu'lon, so it's not discussable but what do you guys think about those two? Shall I use the trash-drop trinket or the alchemist's one? I'd like to have some more opinions, thanks in a advance.
    Ran a sim yesterday with my gear (371 ilevel with DMC), and The Jade Magistrate Figurine got worse result than either the vision or normal cosmos, normal Cosmos + DMC combo getting the highest score of them all, But then again Sims are something that are not perfected yet, so everything should be taken in with some reservations.

  18. #18
    Bloodsail Admiral Rinoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In an igloo.
    Posts
    1,131
    Snap, we killed Elegon and the last boss tonight and I won two items out of two elder coins used. Elegon trinket and the caster neck off the last boss. Wohoo! ^_^

    I'm just wondering which trinket I should swap out for the Elegon one though - Zen Alchemist Stone or Vision of the Predator. They seem to close. At the moment I'm using Vision/Elegon trinky, but the Vision proc seems... lackluster compared to the Zen Alchemist Stone one. Though there's the static int. Oh the choices. >_<

    Firemage by the way.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    Snap, we killed Elegon and the last boss tonight and I won two items out of two elder coins used. Elegon trinket and the caster neck off the last boss. Wohoo! ^_^

    I'm just wondering which trinket I should swap out for the Elegon one though - Zen Alchemist Stone or Vision of the Predator. They seem to close. At the moment I'm using Vision/Elegon trinky, but the Vision proc seems... lackluster compared to the Zen Alchemist Stone one. Though there's the static int. Oh the choices. >_<

    Firemage by the way.
    remember frost bomb DOES NOT proc elegon trinket since its not periodic damage!!

  20. #20
    Bloodsail Admiral Rinoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In an igloo.
    Posts
    1,131
    I'm playing fire with Nether Tempest or Living Bomb on all fights, so no worries.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •