1. #1
    High Overlord CptFatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    119

    Taking Too Much DMG on Feng 10m Need some Feedback!!

    My Guild is currently on Feng and after a Night of Raiding me and our Warrior Tank started to Look at the Logs and Noticed i am taking a TON of more DMG then him... Im currently MTing the Boss and can use some Feed Back as too if im doing something wrong or if my stats are out of Wack

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...wqu/details/9/

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/elune/Mêta/simple

    Any Help would be great thanks


    ALSO:

    Im Currently in charge of the Bubble for Feng and on some attempts i took more Lightning shockwaves then normal cause the Warrior Tank was having problems putting the Spell Steal buff on me

  2. #2
    Tanks do so much damage on Feng bacous of special buff/spell hi give , one of them is to protect raid ageinst Feng special abilitiest in each phaze second one is to miic Boss abilitiest and use them ageinst him if one of you tanks wona do more damage he need to menage "speelsteal' good

  3. #3
    First of all make sure you read thecks blog (sacredshield) the latest stat weights for Prot paladins has changed recently. Our stat prio is now hit to cap (7.5%) > exp to hard cap (15%) > haste > mastery, or mastery > haste whichever you prefer. This basically means we tank in ret gear so grab anything that has lots of haste/mastery.

    How many stacks/debuffs are you taking per phase? we let the debuff stack to 2 then swapped, easily healable that way.

  4. #4
    High Overlord CptFatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDreads View Post
    First of all make sure you read thecks blog (sacredshield) the latest stat weights for Prot paladins has changed recently. Our stat prio is now hit to cap (7.5%) > exp to hard cap (15%) > haste > mastery, or mastery > haste whichever you prefer. This basically means we tank in ret gear so grab anything that has lots of haste/mastery.

    How many stacks/debuffs are you taking per phase? we let the debuff stack to 2 then swapped, easily healable that way.
    We are doing 2 stacks as well *SOMETIMES i have to take 3 because Feng is being really slow on throwing out a Lightning Shockwave* but after the shockwave goes out and the OT steals it he taunts the boss and i pick it up wen my stacks wear off

    ALSO
    Does that mean i dont want to reforge into ANY parry or Dodge and just worry about Mastery/Haste so technically our parry/dodge is going to be very low for this Tier of raiding???

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by CptFatman View Post
    ALSO
    Does that mean i dont want to reforge into ANY parry or Dodge and just worry about Mastery/Haste so technically our parry/dodge is going to be very low for this Tier of raiding???
    Avoidance stats are pretty bad to go into at the moment so you want them as low as possible while stacking haste/mastery as high as you can while maintaining hit and exp hard caps. Reason is avoidance damage intake is very spiky atm, whereas if you go mastery/haste with hardcaps you generate HoPo faster to spend on SoTR which means you have a higher uptime on SoTR making the damage you take a lot smoother and making you easier to heal.

  6. #6
    As said above, there's currently two forms for prot builds.

    there's Mitigation and there's Avoidance.

    Mitigation is stacking hit and expertise to the caps, so you always hit with your holy power generators, and therefore can use your ShoR (Shield of the Righteous) and WoG more often, and the damage you take more smooth.

    Avoidance is stacking the normal avoidance stats, which is dodge, parry and mastery, making you avoid more damage, but the damage you take will also be very spiky.

    so in terms of healing then :
    Mitigation= Higher with low spikes
    Avoidance= Lower with high spikes

    If you're still in doubt about anything, you can look up the elitisk jerks forums .
    http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t130857-...m_sexy_i_know/ I'll just leave a link here for the newest prot pala guide.

    Good luck on your fights.

  7. #7
    High Overlord CptFatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDreads View Post
    Avoidance stats are pretty bad to go into at the moment so you want them as low as possible while stacking haste/mastery as high as you can while maintaining hit and exp hard caps. Reason is avoidance damage intake is very spiky atm, whereas if you go mastery/haste with hardcaps you generate HoPo faster to spend on SoTR which means you have a higher uptime on SoTR making the damage you take a lot smoother and making you easier to heal.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/elune/Mêta/simple

    So is this technically better? i tried to go the Exp Hard Cap route and get as much Mastery as i could with the items i have. Im Hit Capped and Exp Hard Capped with 18.09 percent Mastery with blessing of Might up.

    Also do you mind showing me your Armory i would feel a little better if i had a Prot Paladin who is doing there stats correctly to kind of compare mine with

    Kinda annoyed that Tanks need to look at DPS plate now kinda goes against everything ive learned about tanking up till this point

  8. #8
    You seem to have mis-understood the Shroud of Reversal buff. It doesn't prevent the spell from hitting you: you will always take the damage. However, you need to be hit by it in order for the other tank to steal the spell. If you don't get hit by it, he won't be able to get the spell.

    So stop avoiding it and let it hit you so he can take the spell, thus stun the boss on epicenters. Overall this means more healer mana is saved; sure, the tank is taking more damage, but the raid is taking far less (if any at all).

    Also you should be able to do tank swaps no problem, even if lightning fists hasn't been cast. Just stand behind the warrior so he can steal the spell: if he stands close enough to the boss he won't actually get hit by it: it seems to start a short distance away from the boss. So if you're right underneath him you'll be fine, but if you stand at the very edge of his hitbox you'll get hit.

    That was my experience of it anyway.

  9. #9
    High Overlord CptFatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    You seem to have mis-understood the Shroud of Reversal buff. It doesn't prevent the spell from hitting you: you will always take the damage. However, you need to be hit by it in order for the other tank to steal the spell. If you don't get hit by it, he won't be able to get the spell.

    So stop avoiding it and let it hit you so he can take the spell, thus stun the boss on epicenters. Overall this means more healer mana is saved; sure, the tank is taking more damage, but the raid is taking far less (if any at all).

    Also you should be able to do tank swaps no problem, even if lightning fists hasn't been cast. Just stand behind the warrior so he can steal the spell: if he stands close enough to the boss he won't actually get hit by it: it seems to start a short distance away from the boss. So if you're right underneath him you'll be fine, but if you stand at the very edge of his hitbox you'll get hit.

    That was my experience of it anyway.
    I know that it doesnt prevent it from hitting me What i was trying to say was there was times where the Tank wasnt Paying attention and i would Move into the path to get hit by the spell and he didnt cast the shroud so it would require me to get hit AGAIN so he could steal it

  10. #10
    Brewmaster rawhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Solihull, UK
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by CptFatman View Post
    ALSO
    Does that mean i dont want to reforge into ANY parry or Dodge and just worry about Mastery/Haste so technically our parry/dodge is going to be very low for this Tier of raiding???
    Yep we basically want to "avoid" avoidance stats atm. hahahahha comedy genious etc.

    true though

  11. #11
    Brewmaster Xothic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    QLD, Australia
    Posts
    1,374
    You should be using the hell out of your defensive CDs on Feng. Especially if you take the draw flame during phase two. This could be a contributing factor to why your damage numbers are so high. Also, are you prioritising SoTR? It is our most important ability by a mile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin - Expired at the end of 5.1, returned start of 5.4, left again. Bleh.

  12. #12
    I had no trouble tanking Feng and took much less healing than our druid tank from our healers.

    Note the way I phrased that.

    You should be stacking the shit out of mastery and running SoI with Battle healer glyph to help out your raid healing. Mastery increases your block, amount reduced by ShoR buff and most importantly your Bastion of Glory. You should be using a WoG everytime you get a spare Divine Purpose proc, have 5 stacks of BoG and are at a health deficit. You should also be taking Light's Hammer and popping that down every time a big AOE phase goes out without Nullification Barrier to absorb it.

    Avoidance stats won't kill you, but you want to get your hit/exp as realistically high as you can and then focus on mastery. Mastery stacking is more potent than ever, now that it gives us a triple benefit.

    Here's my details for our Feng kill this week: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pm...?s=3651&e=4137

    Notice that I healed myself for 5.9 million damage and did 80 million healing overall, at 21k HPS. That's a lot of utility I'd say.

  13. #13
    I imagine the too much damage is in phase one, your tanks have 2 special items to pick up. One is a damage reduction bubbles, you can use this every other AoE. The other is a spell reversal, you can use this in phase one by chaneling it on the other tank while he takes a lightning fist attack and he stands in it. This allows you to copy the spell and use it on Feng to stun him as his starts his channel. This makes phase 1 have basically negliable damage.

    Phase 2 im honestly not sure if we were doing it right, but we would let all the flames go in on the first Draw flames, the personaly cooldown through it as it was usually only 4-6 stacks. 2nd draw flames we use the barrier thing to remove all the stacks, 3rd we have no barrier so spamming massive cooldowns all the way through, then use the barrier on the 4th one so there is no AoE as we enter phase 3.

    Phase 3 is just reactions so when you group up the guy exploding doesnt explode your raid.

  14. #14
    Hi Fatman,

    I don't have time to read all posts so I'll just tell you my observation/experience on feng.

    I main tanked it last week and it was cake (I had barrier btw). anyway you want the boss to face the wall at about 10 yards of the wall... when the boss is about the cast is lightning wave, just quickly dash on the side and you will dodge it everyime, I wasnt ever hit once the whole fight. Also you want to tank swap at 3 stacks max 2 if you feel that you need too. I imagine you did not have any problem using barrier on quake / draw flames / arcane velocity. I don't see where you are doing something wrong other then moving out of waves/flames if your melees fail.

  15. #15
    You're two-healing a fight that should be three-healed.

    Yes, there are people that two-heal the fight. However, those raids have healers pushing over 50k hps. Yours are in the mid 30's.

    You're also short on raid cooldowns part because of two-healing and partly because of raidcomp. This also makes two-healing more difficult.

    On your longer tries of 5minutes or more, you only used Devo Aura once per try and often never used Guardian of Ancient Kings or Ardent Defender. Similar cooldown uptimes for your warrior co-tank. (only used Rallying Cry once on most fights).

    Your DK should be using AMZ for that fight too, why he isn't is beyond me as every little bit of raid dmg prevention helps especially if you're two-healing with people who are a bit over-matched.

    We planned out all our raid cooldowns into a rotation for all the high dmg abilities so that we got maximum use out of them. Use cooldowns early and often.

    Summary: Three-heal and make better use of raid cooldowns.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •