Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Darkmoon Ox Trinket Hotfix, Mogu'shan Vaults Openings, Blue Posts, Minecraft: WoW

Monster Power Level Charts, Monster Power Level Videos, Poll - Was the Nerf to the Hellfire Ring Justified?

Ink Trader Changes and Vengeance Hotfix

Darkmoon Ox Deck / Tanking Trinket Hotfix
    The Relic of Niuzao was hotfixed tonight to add 1434 Stamina, making it a more viable tanking trinket.

Reminder: Mogu'shan Vaults LFR and Heroic Difficulty Opens This Week
    Don't forget that Raid Finder (item level ~463) and Heroic difficulty Mogu'shan Vaults is opening this week! This is the last of the raid openings until October 30th.

Guide to the Golden Lotus Faction Quests
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We've seen some confusion about how to gain access to the Golden Lotus faction dailies in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. In case you've been having trouble getting where you need to be, below are some detailed steps to ensure you're on the correct path.

Spoiler Warning! This guide shares some details about the associated quest chain that takes you to the Vale of Eternal Blossoms and the Golden Lotus. If you'd prefer to naturally find your way there during your adventures, the first couple of bullets should be sufficient for pointing you in the right direction.

Here is how you get into the Vale of Eternal Blossoms:

If you have any questions or concerns, or if you're still experiencing issues accessing the Vale of Eternal Blossoms or the Golden Lotus daily quests, please let us know.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    No Pet Battle Quests
    If you're not seeing the daily quests for a continent, have you earned the Taming achievement to unlock them for that continent? Did they show up once and then never come back? (not resetting) Are any working at all, and if so, which ones?

Note: Taming Kalimdor is Horde only, and Taming Eastern Kingdoms is Alliance only. This was done via hotfix so the UI in-game will not update until 5.1, which is why you may see completion swap between the two. Not to worry though, the data is all there and will be resolved with the 5.1 patch. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Ink Trader Exchange Change
    Is there an answer for my question on whether it is a hotfix or a client patch?
    This is planned to go in as a hotfix. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Strong Pet Trap?
    We applied a hotfix to attempt to resolve issues of not properly receiving the upgraded Strong and Pristine traps. Please let us know if you're still having the issue, what character and realm is seeing the issue, and once you received the achievement, did your trap art, tooltip or icon change to reflect an upgraded trap? (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

New Loot Window
    you can type /loot to see who needs/greed/passes
    I've done a few dungeons myself during this weekend and I've noticed that some players are simply unaware of this feature, sometimes I saw some people needing on offspec stuff because they weren't seeing any "need" rolls from other players, obviously this can lead to some arguing.

So here it is again for the sake of clarity, please type /loot, /lootrolls or you can just click on [Loot] in the chat window.
    This will open a new loot window that shows you all rolls on every item.
    You can also go to Interface->Controls-> and click on “Auto Open Loot Rolls Window!” (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Daily Quests and Gearing for Raids
    You can get gear from heroic dungeons and in the process get 60 Valor for the first dungeon you do daily, as well as 30 Valor for the first scenario and a chance at getting loot usable by your class when finishing it. It may seem a small amount, but since both venues can be done relatively quickly, if you're aiming to cap valor points, it'll probably be the fastest way to do so (without considering raiding).

If there are particular items (read: gear) you feel you need to get 100% from the factions in Mists of Pandaria, keep in mind that Raid Finder gear is not available yet, and neither the Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring raids.

If even with these things taken into consideration you still feel that a particular item is required, then it might be a good idea to point it out on this thread

Assume for a minute that, the player is casual (read: not alot of time to spend in game but capable), and is able to cap valor points in a given week, yet doesn't have the time to rep grind from doing the ridiculous number of dailies that are currently the main end game focus of mists until we are allowed into all raids and RF is active etc etc, with a total cap of 3k VP available per character. How then is this type of player supposed to get gear?
    Sounds like a rather edgy case, meaning, if a player is as casual as you described, it'd probably be best for that player to focus on cap his valor through dailies, so that he'll be grinding whichever reputations he wants to focus on at the same time. If he chooses instead to focus on doing heroics until he gets his gear, then after he's done with that part, he might focus on dailies.

The problem is, this case is littered with too many "ifs". For this discussion it'd probably be much more useful to know what's exactly concerning you.

Also, keep in mind that Pandaria isn't going to vanish into thin air. As long as you're progressing towards your goal, even if it takes you longer than more dedicated players, isn't that still advancing your character? Just curious. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Hidden Klaxxi Daily Quest
    WoWInsider has a nice note about a hidden Klaxxi Daily Quest that will net you an extra 130 reputation, along with the normal Valor Points and Lesser Charm.

Minecraft: World of Warcraft
    The recreation of the World of Warcraft map inside of Minecraft is finally complete! You can download the map via this torrent (2GB, extracting to 24GB). Be sure to take a look at the installation instructions.

If you don't have the time and bandwidth to do so, you can take a look at an older version of the map.

Deleted
    Great change for ox!

Guess the trinket will go up in price now.

1.) would be about bloody time that project got some spotlight
    2.) Traps still don't work >_> Fix it damnit.. how hard is it.
    3.) That's all.

Deleted
    I like the changes to the trinket !

And the Minecraft map looks very awesome.

There's actually another hidden daily when you're doing the dailies near the Heart of Fear. There's a big uniquely named Beetle (can't be bothered to find it right now) who drops a quest starting item.

I imagine there's probably one for the sets in the Briny Muck and the southeast around the lake as well.

Downloading the minecraft map now. I just have to...

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    There's actually another hidden daily when you're doing the dailies near the Heart of Fear. There's a big uniquely named Beetle (can't be bothered to find it right now) who drops a quest starting item.

I imagine there's probably one for the sets in the Briny Muck and the southeast around the lake as well.
    In the Briny Muck is a large worm (the type around and the ones you see in Deepholm). I have yet to find one for the Lake of Stars series of quests.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

There are 3 different hidden Klaxxi daily quests: Kypa'rak's Core The Warlord's Ashes The Matriarch's Maw .
    Only one can be active though. It depends on the area where the dailies from this day are done.

Deleted
    I always wanted my own house in SW. A dream comes true!

If they are so quick to add the stamina to the trinket, why couldnt they of just done it before the patch? now people have missed out on like 60k Gold just because they sold their trinket pre-hotfix.
    Why blizzard so stupid, they have to wait for people to complain, before they fix something any moron in their testing team should of seen? actually fuck testing team, the item designers should of realised what a mistake it was?!?.
    GG blizz.

ilevel for LFR is already reduced to 460 according to the in game tool. No sense in still saying 463.

"Hidden" Klaxxi Quest is old news. The linked article was poorly researched; on days that particular one isn't available there's 2 others -- There's a giant Kouchong Matriarch that you can kill up around the Heart of Fear when quests are around there, and when the quests are around Zan'Vess there's a big Kyparite Stone Wyrm roaming the Briny Muck that you can also kill for a daily quest item.

Pretty much everyone on my server's figured this out. Y'think Joystiq could bother to spend 2 minutes in the General chat of Dread Wastes to figure this out?

yeah there are three hidden klaxxi dailies... lol. they're all mobs that drop quest items and there is one up each day. the one thats up depends on which area the rest of the quests for that day is. the hidden daily is always in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    If they are so quick to add the stamina to the trinket, why couldnt they of just done it before the patch? now people have missed out on like 60k Gold just because they sold their trinket pre-hotfix.
    Why blizzard so stupid, they have to wait for people to complain, before they fix something any moron in their testing team should of seen? actually fuck testing team, the item designers should of realised what a mistake it was?!?.
    GG blizz.
    Anybody with common sense could see the item was under valued for its ilvl and that's why many people were buying them up. Common sense makes a lot of people of gold while others lose out.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Pretty sure only the first half of LFR is going to open tomorrow. I'm assuming it's the first 3 bosses, then next week they are unlocking the 2nd half.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good now ox cards wont feel like a wasted scroll and will sell in the 5-8k range like the others instead of the 500-1k range Glad I held on to them.
    Last edited by Amsden; 2012-10-09 at 08:55 AM.

I wish I'd taken the risk and bought some of those trinkets now! Damn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghost Iron Shield Spike was also hotfixed. It now has a chance to do 600-1000 damage on block.

Recipie and Item tooltip not changed yet. Only the enchant tooltip (when you look at a shield that has one attached to it). Also confirmed via testing.

Deleted
    I am very very very very angry. Why hotfix a shitty item WITHOUT WARNING. I've lost 13k++ in AH money.