Thread: The Talk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Vomitory View Post
    His argument did make sense. He isn't saying that men should be able to have a show like this, he's pointing out that it's double standards that males couldn't get away with expressing similar views in a similar format. You don't need a 'TLDR' for two small paragraphs.
    This. And stating that Howard Stern and shows like it are highly watched, has nothing to do with anything. Are you really pretending Howard Stern hasn't been bashed everywhere for what he does? The Talk is not bashed, and is just considered women 'being open and free' and similar bullshit.

And it IS wrong for these people to be going on television and giving other women the idea that being trashy or sleezy is an acceptable lifestyle. They give REAL self-respecting women a bad rap, because it skews people's opinions on women as a whole, since the only ones in the spotlight and media are acting like this.
    This is just as bad as that Toddler's and Tiaras shit. You're teaching them at a young age that being promiscuous and sleezy is acceptable and even preferred.

It's overall disrespectful to women.
    I have no problem with women having sex, or doing anything that a man can do, but when they can get away with whatever they want just because they're women? That's where I have a problem.

But it's the same as spousal abuse. If a man hits a women, he goes to jail for a long time.
    If a women beats a man, they're just told to stop that.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 02:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I'll just post this here:

Note: vulgar language, etc.

Oh God, the truth.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

Double standards are the new standards for the American society. Women and other minorities were oppressed for years in this country by white men and now they are finally getting equality and even better than males in general but it is considered ok simply because they were oppressed for so long.

I heard an ad on the radio about some congressperson in my state where they are a fighter for women of domestic and workplace abuse and violence and harassment. Which I laughed out loud at because they specifically said they FIGHT for WOMEN from a MALES abuse, like it never happens the opposite way around. It's just absurd and makes me sick. I'm not for anyone being above anyone, but it is definitely swinging in favor of the female gender because they believe they need it better because males oppress and devalue them so often. I agree with the "Its only sexist when men do it video".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by internetheroxD View Post
    Title: The Talk
    I totaly thought this was a thread about a breakup..

This whole female rights thing has gone out of hand, 90% of my girlfriends have done sh*t all in the house, they never clean, never wash clothes, never do anything cause thats what they are "supposed to" according to them and therefore they feel degraded if they do... Like whaat?
    In my experience the whole female rights thing have made all the girls i have dated (i dated 3 girls for over 3 years each) lazy and they do nothing at home nowadays. Just cause the whole "the woman should be in the kitchen 24/7" thing is wrong (which i believe it is) dosnt mean they should go all lazy and not do anything at all, a relationship is about helping each other out.

Thats my 2 cents.
    Seeing it at the top of the home page, I thought it was going to be about the Birds and the Bees xD
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    A show pandering to their audience WHAT!!!!! - wake up people, its a daytime show, that means its the female demographic , they say all sorts of things to keep people entertained - Listen to Sirius radio a service aimed at truckers and people driving to work and hear the obvious sexism toward women, its swings and round abouts
    If Dr. Phil started spouting how Women should be subservient to men in a relationship how long would his show last?

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    I find it really sad and infuriating because I know there are plenty of Feminists and Women out there who simply want workplace and social equality, they wouldn't condone this garbage and exploit this double standard like these Women do.They give them all a bad name.
    Here, you need to re-read this for yourself. Bored housewives enjoy crap like The Talk. There are plenty of us out there who actually do want honest-to-god equality, and are just as offended by sexism against men as we are by sexism against women.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Seeing it at the top of the home page, I thought it was going to be about the Birds and the Bees xD
    Yes, I expected someone whining about having to talk to their child about sex. Another poorly titled post. Should be titled" Whiney post about a tv show #3,452"

I feel like women are in the same category as any minority here. Women have traditionally been disadvantaged and denied equality, and only in recent decades have they come to realize fairness, so if they want to get all catty on TV, nobody is really gonna say anything. Let them have some fun, they have it comin', know what I mean?

I'm not advocating for this, it just occurs to me that people might harbor those sentiments on the periphery.

But guys doing it, we got nothing coming lol!

Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    A show pandering to their audience WHAT!!!!! - wake up people, its a daytime show, that means its the female demographic , they say all sorts of things to keep people entertained - Listen to Sirius radio a service aimed at truckers and people driving to work and hear the obvious sexism toward women, its swings and round abouts
    ^^^

There's plenty of stuff on TV and all other media that is completely outrageous if taken too seriously. Freedom of speech is one of the greatest things we have, but can also lead to some ridiculous forms of entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    If Dr. Phil started spouting how Women should be subservient to men in a relationship how long would his show last?
    No time at all, but that's because of the reputation that he has built for himself, as well as his viewer demographic. Howard Stern does and says all kinds of degrading shit towards women on his show and his audience eats it up, because that's what he built his reputation on.
    Last edited by Dhurn; 2012-10-10 at 12:30 AM.

It's a horrible show.

I am pretty sure the hags who do it know what they're saying but say it anyway to appeal to the dumb people (mostly women their age) who watch it.

with a title The Talk, i thought it was about how your parents tell you whats happening to your body and stuff

needless to say i was disappointed with the topic

im off to create a different thread
    I see Stupid people!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadNotSleeping View Post
    with a title The Talk, i thought it was about how your parents tell you whats happening to your body and stuff

needless to say i was disappointed with the topic

im off to create a different thread
    lol, noticed you did that.
    bit confusing title on this one but hey