Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ancient Guo-Lai Cache Key Droprate

Since the nerf on the respawn times on the Stone guardians in Guo-Lai halls has anyone else noticed a steep drop in the droprates of the keys? Usually id get 2-3 just from the mobs i kill during dailies, and then 1 or 2 more farming the stone guardians. since the nerf I havent got a single key and ive been farming all kinds of different Mogu for significant amounts of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive been doing dailies for nearly 2 weeks now, not a single drop

I've gotten 1 on the very first mob I killed (dinged yesterday). But none afterwards.

Deleted
    I have yet to see one of these fabled Guo-Lai caches. Right now I'm working at home so I can camp the place but nothing. I ghost rezzed through the door to check the other area but nothing there either. I get the feeling I'm overlooking something or they simply don't spawn.

who cares i and my friends have plenty of this ... tho there arent any chests . or maybe there are but not even close enough

Ouch, maybe I've just been super lucky so far.

I've found 2 keys so far (dinged on the first Sunday after MoP's release) and 1 cache. I'm not sure if the drop rate was ever really good to begin with.

I found two a few weeks ago but deleted them. Now I can't find them on item restoration. What are they used for?

edit: Checked item restoration, they are not there.
    Last edited by a little Kappa; 2012-10-09 at 08:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have 5 key on my mage and two on my shaman, but no cache so far. there was only one but another player was faster^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    I found two a few weeks ago but deleted them. Now I can't find them on item restoration. What are they used for?

edit: Checked item restoration, they are not there.
    They allow you to go into Guo-Lai halls, unlock spawning chests, which has a chance to obtain items that you can use for reputation with the Golden Lotus,
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't seen a cache either. Not sure about the key droprate, I just wish I could stand a chance of finding a cache. :P
    Maybe I should set my alarm clock at 4 AM in the morning or something.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

I got three keys the first two days of doing dailies (night of release and next) but didn't get one after that (during dailies.) But I began farming and would get about 4 or 5 keys in about 4 hours. In the end, I had 12 keys turned in through chests bumping me into revered a full 4 days before anybody else. They're out there, but you have to put lots of time into it!

10+ Year Old Account
    I got one a week ago, still trying to find a cache to open. I got to Honored with Lotus and went through the closed door inside the vault but there were still no cache's to be found. I think getting the key is a challenge - but finding a cache to open it with is even more of a challenge..

I got 4 so far, but only used one. Really can't be bothered to wait for chests to spawn... i got stuff to do you know

Deleted
    And here I am with several boxes found labeled as 'Guo-Lai Cache' and I've yet to see a single key... :/

Weird, I'm on Barthilas a pretty populated server and I have no problems finding Caches, even gotten a few in the first main room. I've tried farming the mogu in the south of the vale ( the ones you kill on the mistfall dailies) and whilst it is fast kills, I spent nearly 2 hours farming there but all i got was 4 greens, starshard and an epic ring ( good loot but not actually what i wanted). Anyone got any results farming other mogu groups, think I've tried most of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found one, and was able to use it on one of the caches in the hall of statues (initially accessible only during a certain one time quest.) A few days later, I found two keys within a couple minutes of one another... but I haven't been able to find any caches in the antechamber or first side room of the halls to use them on.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I have 3 keys... but haven't seen a cache yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doing dailies every day, only one key drop so far and plenty of chests when I'm running around Suppose it is luck and very server dependent. I play on a very low pop server, might explain why I manage to find the chests.

Deleted
    I have one key...and still haven't seen any cache.