Deleted

No volatiles/ primals?

Am I right in thinking there are no volatiles any more just harmonies?
    A shame if so the essences pr quivalents have been a staple of wow since the beginning.

Deleted
    I appears they've removed them, probably to cut down some of the grinding people get so burned out on. I think blizz prefers you to be maxing out your VP gains, getting gear and crafting stuff rather than spending countless hours getting a simple 'obstacle' item. That's not to say I don't miss them, I found them particularly flavourful and adding a bit more 'feel' to the crafting experience. However, crafting stuff is now smoother and less of a hassle so I guess that's an improvement

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KtN View Post
    I appears they've removed them, probably to cut down some of the grinding people get so burned out on. I think blizz prefers you to be maxing out your VP gains, getting gear and crafting stuff rather than spending countless hours getting a simple 'obstacle' item. That's not to say I don't miss them, I found them particularly flavourful and adding a bit more 'feel' to the crafting experience. However, crafting stuff is now smoother and less of a hassle so I guess that's an improvement
    Which just wouldn't make sense with the drop rate on the spirits

They actually felt it was a pain to have some volatiles become useless due to the ease of getting one over the other.

Deleted
    Just realised for the first expansion ever theres a lack of elementals. Btw they are making it more of a grindfest with the harmonies.

It's really not more of a grindfest with the harmonies. 16 motes a day on your farm is great, and I usually make one spirit a day just doing dailies...and if I do heroics I can end up making 2 a day easily with very little effort. It took my husband less than an hour yesterday to farm 2 spirits. If you compare having to farm elementals, especially for those who remember back in wrath/bc days where you had to farm 10 motes to make one "elemental" per say it would take you a lot longer because first off most recipes (that were any good) required several of each elemental (sometimes up to 10 of 2 or 3 dif. ones)...and that required flying to a specific zone/area with those elementals, then competing with others to kill them, followed by finally being able to make a piece of gear...from just farming it could take a few hours alone just to do that. So in reality it's really easy and less of a grind because you are going for ONE type of item vs. 5-6 types (depending if you count shadow or not since those weren't out in cata).