Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roest View Post
    Why is it that every time someone dares to complain about poor game design, tedious grinds or low drop rates of essential items, some moron comes along and says something like So what you're saying is, you're not interested in doing any effort of getting items/gold? Sounds to me like you're one of the casuals that are used to get everything served on a plate.
    Point being with your post exactly?
    Do you feel targeted from what I said? It sure seems like it.

Why is it that every time someone dares to complain about poor game design, tedious grinds or low drop rates of essential items, some moron comes along and says something like So what you're saying is, you're not interested in doing any effort of getting items/gold? Sounds to me like you're one of the casuals that are used to get everything served on a plate.
    It's harsh but there's a thread of truth in it, even though it could be stated nicer. Spirits of Harmony aren't supposed to fall out of the sky. You can get one a day or more just by playing the game normally and people act like that's too few? Give me a break.

If Blizzard caved and doubled rep and upped drop rates and reduced spawn times etc. etc., people would be whining that all they do is jump around Stormwind/Ogrimmar all day and that MOP didn't have enough content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeam View Post
    Point being with your post exactly?
    Do you feel targeted from what I said? It sure seems like it.
    No I don't feel targeted. I have a 90 that dinged 90 two days after release. I did all the dailies every day since then. I'm in full hc gear and some craftables. I certainly "work" for my stuff. I still agree with the OP on the low drop rate of the motes. I still agree with other posters that say that these dailies are frigging boring and tedious and that the bottleneck with golden lotus needed at revered to start shadow pan and august celestials ist the worst idea in history.

What really annoys me, is that in every thread where someone points out this bad und unfun game design, some idiots show up and say that people just want free stuff. Maybe using your brain, if you have one, every once in a while would be a good idea.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    No I don't feel targeted. I have a 90 that dinged 90 two days after release. I did all the dailies every day since then. I'm in full hc gear and some craftables. I certainly "work" for my stuff. I still agree with the OP on the low drop rate of the motes. I still agree with other posters that say that these dailies are frigging boring and tedious and that the bottleneck with golden lotus needed at revered to start shadow pan and august celestials ist the worst idea in history.

What really annoys me, is that in every thread where someone points out this bad und unfun game design, some idiots show up and say that people just want free stuff. Maybe using your brain, if you have one, every once in a while would be a good idea.
    Again, it still seems to me you're getting offended by what I wrote, if you don't feel targeted, why even bother complaining.
    It's the same every time, whenever Blizzard makes something, that doesn't just fall from the tree, people complain they need to spend a bit more time to get, instead of just sucking it up.
    As several people have said, and I agree, the droprate might be low, but you have more ways to get it, and if those ways don't suit you, then that's your problem.

Dailies might be boring and tedious, but so is everything else when you do it over and over again, but as soon as you're done with it, then that's it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeam View Post
    Again, it still seems to me you're getting offended by what I wrote, if you don't feel targeted, why even bother complaining.
    It's the same every time, whenever Blizzard makes something, that doesn't just fall from the tree, people complain they need to spend a bit more time to get, instead of just sucking it up.
    As several people have said, and I agree, the droprate might be low, but you have more ways to get it, and if those ways don't suit you, then that's your problem.

Dailies might be boring and tedious, but so is everything else when you do it over and over again, but as soon as you're done with it, then that's it.
    I guess I get offended when I think someone has a valid point and instead of countering it with solid arguments he is shouted down by the village idiots. So yes, your mindless "you just want free lootz" offends me.

Some sort of barrier has to be included in crafting or else crafted items become worthlessly abundant. This might be restrictions on the mats (as with MoH/SoH), it might be restrictions on the recipes, or cooldowns/long crafting times.

Of these restrictions, making the mats require work is arguably the best. The MoH/SoH scheme also fits into Blizzard's attempt to get people out into the world (which means, inevitably, having things require hours of grinding out in the world.)
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"