Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Spirit of Harmony

Am i the only one who thinks the drop rate for these are too low considering they are pratically needed for everything. I have only managed to acquire 16 in total and i have finished loremaster of panderia and have done every set of dailies so far. I now just hit honoured with the Golden Lotus and because i had to spend spirit of harmony on to get leatherworking to 600, i can now only make 1 epic and have to spend hours to just get a few motes. I dont think it would hurt to increase the drop rate a tad, because it seems crazy i have to spend hours upon hours just to get 1 spirit of harmony.

I believe you can grow them on your farm, about 20+ a day. I'm not sure as I just dinged 90 yesterday, but I read that somewhere.

Edit: Motes of Harmony can be found as a random drop or can be obtained once Revered with the Tillers by planting a Songbell Seed, which when ripe rewards a mote.

can only grow 16 motes a day if your exalted with the tillers

Deleted
    Ok this i did not know. Thanks for letting me know .

Yeah the drop rate is pretty bad, it gets better on higher level mobs, but if you've been focused on loremaster you've probably spent most of your time on low-middling level mobs, so there's that. When you get into your dailies you'll start getting quite a few, and when you hit revered you can plant songbell seeds in your farm, which each yield a mote (12 a day at revered, 16 at exalted).

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 21 on one toon, and he's not even 1/2 way through the Jade Forest.
    RNG Is mah friend.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    16 motes a day on a fully developped farm, if I remember correctly, so 1.6 Spirits each day with dedicated farming.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    I have 21 on one toon, and he's not even 1/2 way through the Jade Forest.
    RNG Is mah friend.
    21 Motes of Harmony or 21 Spirits of Harmony? o_O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil123 View Post
    Am i the only one who thinks the drop rate for these are too low considering they are pratically needed for everything. I have only managed to acquire 16 in total and i have finished loremaster of panderia and have done every set of dailies so far. I now just hit honoured with the Golden Lotus and because i had to spend spirit of harmony on to get leatherworking to 600, i can now only make 1 epic and have to spend hours to just get a few motes. I dont think it would hurt to increase the drop rate a tad, because it seems crazy i have to spend hours upon hours just to get 1 spirit of harmony.
    Yes you're the only one. Everyone else is perfectly happy with the drop rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only problem with the farm is you need one spot a day for the daily if you want to continue with that for charms and rep, multiple spots for farming food for feasts and buff food, and the other special plants give decent rewards if you don't have a gathering profession. For people with alts it's fantastic, but for someone like me whole only has the one character at 90 it kinda sucks.

Still, I get at least one spirit a day from dailies if I do all of them, possibly 2 now that I'm revered with the tillers. Dedicated farming could get you plenty, possibly more with a potion of luck.

i dont mind the droprate. i just with they were account bound

Remember, for the daily tiller thing Axethor, that you can easily plant the thing he wants you to, hand in the quest, then remove the crop again with your shovel and plant back your songbell, the only ones you cannot do that with, are those that are needed for the Tiller votes. like the carrots and the cabbages. Those you need to harvest as part of the quest. The daily? Remove that silly thing and plant something of value.

But OT: I do think the droprate is low, considering its a BOP, had it been boe? it would have been perfect, alas it isnt and i dont think it would hurt much to actually increase it a tiny amount.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't even leveled to 90 yet, so I can't comment on the higher level mobs' dropchance, but I managed to get like 2 Spirit's while leveling to 87, so it seems maybe a bit to low.
    I do however think the droprate is fine, if they would just be account bound instead of only for the character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    16 motes a day on a fully developped farm, if I remember correctly, so 1.6 Spirits each day with dedicated farming.
    And if your smart you got your level 85 alts out there growing the vegs you will need for buff food....they can grow 4 plots worth of vegs everyday just have to spend the time and get any 85 out there to grow them and leave them parked there....I have my main whom is rev now and she is growing nothing but SoH motes....and my 7 alts having been growing vegs since day 1 of MoP going live....so I have quite a stock of vegs for my mains buff food waiting for her. And not only can alts your not leveling up just yet grow vegs everyday ..do which ever cooking of the Way beginner quests for their class and get a few extra Iron paw tokens .....the mats you buy with Iron paw tokens is not soul bound ...so if you need black pepper for cooking like for your main your alt can buy it and mail it too your main.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    And if your smart you got your level 85 alts out there growing the vegs you will need for buff food....they can grow 4 plots worth of vegs everyday just have to spend the time and get any 85 out there to grow them and leave them parked there....I have my main whom is rev now and she is growing nothing but SoH motes....and my 7 alts having been growing vegs since day 1 of MoP going live....so I have quite a stock of vegs for my mains buff food waiting for her. And not only can alts your not leveling up just yet grow vegs everyday ..do which ever cooking of the Way beginner quests for their class and get a few extra Iron paw tokens .....the mats you buy with Iron paw tokens is not soul bound ...so if you need black pepper for cooking like for your main your alt can buy it and mail it too your main.
    Is this why you started playing WoW? To have 8 characters growing vegetables on a farm in some godforsaken place?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Is this why you started playing WoW? To have 8 characters growing vegetables on a farm in some godforsaken place?
    Hehe - each unto their own, mate

I'm been "farming" stuff in wow since forever...
    TBH I don't mind the change at all... for now it still feels fresh and different...

Deleted
    I don't really understand why you had to spend spirits of harmony to get lw to 600 to be honest. Seems like a waste.

I think the drop rate is fine. It's not supposed to be a material which you always have in stock. It's supposed to be something you work for. And if it weren't BoP, the drop rate would have been too high, and the AH would have been flooded with them, thus reducing the price on them, and consequently any item that is bought with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    The only problem with the farm is you need one spot a day for the daily if you want to continue with that for charms and rep, multiple spots for farming food for feasts and buff food, and the other special plants give decent rewards if you don't have a gathering profession. For people with alts it's fantastic, but for someone like me whole only has the one character at 90 it kinda sucks.

Still, I get at least one spirit a day from dailies if I do all of them, possibly 2 now that I'm revered with the tillers. Dedicated farming could get you plenty, possibly more with a potion of luck.
    Axethor you do known that any level 85 you can get too Halfhill can use 4 plots there ...do the start quest line with Yoon get those 4 plots opened up and grow vegs on them...not only vegs you will get but you have a chance to get like a Jade cat to drop long before you even need it for rep turn in's.....I have my main at Rev now..she plants only songbell...my 7 alts whom I took out to Halfhill grow vegs everyday...it takes only a few mins to plant or pick and replant....park them at Inn of Halfhill till your ready to level them up.....that way you got a flow of Vegs you need for your main for cooking and buff food down the road for dungeons or raids...they also can collect up a few Iron paw tokens if they do the Way of Cooking that is for their class....those tokens can buy stuff like Soy sauce or black pepper your main needs...those mats are not soul bound when brought with Iron Paw tokens.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 07:17 AM ----------

Its my money not yours ....I enjoy the game how I see fit not how you think I should play.....get over yourself.....I am disabled retired... I can't work....my kid is grown and gone...its just me and my kitty I rescued from death living in my Paid home with no mortgage.....so if what I do with my money brothers you ..sorry its my life not yours.

All I am doing is offering advise to help out other players to get a bit of edge with cooking and tillers and to be ready to raid or do dungeons with proper buff food...is that soooo freaking bad...to offer up ideas how to make the game better or easier for a player...if it is to you ..your in the wrong game and glad your not on my realm.
    Last edited by MouseD; 2012-10-09 at 11:19 AM.