Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Livestream Jumping From the Edge of Space: SOON

UPDATE: HE'S JUMPING RIGHT NOW!!

Video here: http://www.redbullstratos.com/live

Red Bull India has announced their association with HISTORY TV18 and In.com to become official broadcast partner for Red Bull Stratos in India. The channel will broadcast Felix Baumgartner’s jump live from stratosphere at 5:50 pm on 9th October 2012.

After testing for over 5 years and planning since 2005, the world will witness Felix Baumgartner's attempt at creating history. Red Bull Stratos, a mission to the edge of space, will attempt to transcend human limits that have existed for 50 years. Supported by a team of experts Felix Baumgartner plans to ascend to 120,000 feet in a stratospheric balloon and make a free fall jump rushing toward earth at supersonic speeds before parachuting to the ground. His attempt to dare atmospheric limits holds the potential to provide valuable medical and scientific research data for future pioneers.

The team of experts who built this one-of-a-kind technology include retired United States Air Force Colonel Joseph Kittinger, who holds three of the records Felix will strive to break. Joe's record jump from 102,800 ft. in 1960 was during a time when no one knew if a human could survive a jump from the edge of space.

Felix has already set a world record during his test jump by successfully jumping from 18 miles/29 kilometres above the Earth 97,145 feet/29,610 meters, freefalling as fast as a commercial airliner - 536 miles per hour/864 kilometres per hour (latest figures sanctioned by USPA and NAA). This test jump was a significant achievement in ballooning history but it also proved that safety and recovery systems are functional in preparation for the 120,000 feet attempt. In March of this year, Felix completed the first manned jump, a culmination of testing equipment, the team, and the procedures together under real flight conditions. Felix is only the third person to have ever jumped from 71,615 ft.
    http://www.mediamughals.com/News/1/1...STORY_TV18.htm

So... excited?
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-10-14 at 04:46 PM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I am really excited about seeing how this goes, and I'm also envious of the guy doing it. To go so high up to see the curvature of the Earth and then just jump... Not many people will ever experience that. Not only that, but the jumper is going to become an important part of science in regards to space travel and planetary return.

All that said, it's going to be a milestone that most people likely won't even acknowledge, but something that I will be following with avid attention.

Go Felix! Fly brother fly!

15+ Year Old Account
    have had the live page loaded since i got to work this morning, very excited to see how this goes, i'd love to jump from that high with a wingsuit on, see how far around the world you can go :3

its funny because then i saw it on the news ( only just heard about it ) the newspeaker had just finished talking about usain bolt and was like " and now to something much faster than usain bolt, 16.00 today the sound barrier will be breached " and i was like bah jets do that all the time... until i heard it was a man who was gonna make the jump then i was all like " if that goes wrong that dude is fucked "[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2012-10-09 at 11:13 AM.

They are on hold due to weather

Countdown says 37 minutes though
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

Deleted
    This is going to be a blast. What's wrong with the weather? Seems pretty nice for me... but yea, i live in Sweden.

I'm really excited for this and hope it all goes well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincey
    This is best thing i have ever seen. ever.

why do i have the feeling that something that is unexpected is going to happen .. something bad -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    14:30 GMT is in 75 minutes unless they mixed up the time-zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now this is something exciting to watch. Imagine falling 120,000 feet. That's 21 miles. You're falling 21 miles through the air. I can't even grasp how that would feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    14:30 GMT is in 75 minutes unless they mixed up the time-zones.
    http://www.redbullstratos.com/the-mi...unch-progress/

Countdown there says 5 mins to go.
    Stulti se laudant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    Ah so 14:30 BST.

15+ Year Old Account
    just popped up saying its on hold until 17:30 GMT

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    Yep, delayed 3 hours
    Stulti se laudant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    16:30 GMT, wish they'd use the correct time zone..

16:30 GMT, wish they'd use the correct time zone..
    No it really is 17:30. It was the countdown that was wrong. All the other launch predictions posted in GMT have been correct, and 17:30 GMT matches 11:30 MDT

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown User View Post
    No it really is 17:30. It was the countdown that was wrong. All the other launch predictions posted in GMT have been correct, and 17:30 GMT matches 11:30 MDT
    So 3 hours and 30 minutes to go then?

I'd love to watch this, however I'll probably miss it because it's getting late here and I dont fancy staying up til 5am, such a shame.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

So 3 hours and 30 minutes to go then?
    I assume so unless it gets delayed again I'm waiting for their next update at 15:30 GMT

Edit:
    Here is the currently estimated launch time in MDT, BST, CEST, GMT, EDT & PDT
    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...p10=&p11=&p12=
    Last edited by Unknown User; 2012-10-09 at 02:21 PM.

15 more minutes I think.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.