Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Also, I can tell you any competent group will have no trouble clearing gold even taking things a bit slower.
    Getting gold is not as straight forward as you make it sound. My group has like rank 100 in Stormstout brewery and we did it in 16mins, we didnt use any invis pots and our tactic for the last boss was just awful so yes we could probably get gold. That said the fastest group in the world did it in 11 mins and 6 secs while the 11th fastest group was just 18 seconds away from not getting gold, these challenge modes are really really hard and you cant deny that.

I'm surprised there's actually an in-game realm first achievement for this,
    considering it is and should be something that isn't measured by "firsts" or at what pace you did it,
    but rather the individual times for each dungeon, and how they rank vs the rest of the realm/world.
    A full gold in first week shouldn't hold any more value than a full gold 10 months from now, the value should be in which of the groups ranks higher in the realm/world.

anyway, gz.

lol guy has almost all epix gear with heroic gear from black market.... go do it blue gear for challenge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darksun View Post
    lol guy has almost all epix gear with heroic gear from black market.... go do it blue gear for challenge.
    Gear gets scaled down....

Its better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are an idiot than to open it and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Gear gets scaled down....
    From what ilvl if you are so smart ? I doubt starter epix gear gets scaled down....

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 02:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Its better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are an idiot than to open it and remove all doubt.
    Batter add something useful than trying to show yourself as a smart ass :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Knock it off and keep it civil

From what ilvl if you are so smart ? I doubt starter epix gear gets scaled down....
    Stop being a fool. No matter what gear you're in, the maximum iLevel you can get is 460 (or 463 or something). If you're below that, you don't scale up, and if you're above it you get scaled down...

Deleted
    All the way down to 463 ilvl, thats blue heroic. And you the items are scaled down individually so you cant take one epic and one greenie.
    At least that´s what I know and what guildies told me.

Deleted
    I love challenge modes, and I do them as well. But me and my group does it a bit differently, instead of getting the most or all the challenge modes done as fast as possible we try and get the fastest time on the realm when we do them and so far (only done two) we've done that in both cases.

I love how you need to play with you strengths as a group and individual classes and how to time CD's (both damage increesing and damage take reducing) to try and get the fastest time possible.

Looks like the challenge modes are actually very challenging, good job Blizz!

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Maybe I didn't come off clear enough: I was looking forward to them being essentially 5-man heroic raids with actual progress having to be done with each and every enemy inside of the instance. Also, I can tell you any competent group will have no trouble clearing gold even taking things a bit slower.

That would be GREAT if they were like that.
    But they are obviously not. Heroic raids usually/should require the gear from the bosses before it to clear them, these aren't about gear at all since that is capped. It was obvious from the get-go these were going to be who can move the fastest while managing everything they normally do and actually having all members in the party trying to minimize incoming damage (what an idea!).

But yeah heroic 5 man "raids" would be awesome. Make it so each and every person will have a difficult job on every encounter that requires them to have great timing and awareness.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 11:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tremulant View Post
    I'm surprised there's actually an in-game realm first achievement for this,
    considering it is and should be something that isn't measured by "firsts" or at what pace you did it,
    but rather the individual times for each dungeon, and how they rank vs the rest of the realm/world.
    A full gold in first week shouldn't hold any more value than a full gold 10 months from now, the value should be in which of the groups ranks higher in the realm/world.

anyway, gz.

Mmmmmm?
    So by that logic a level 90 pandaren monk in 10 months is no different than a level 90 pandaren monk 20 hours after game released and should not get a realm first achievement?

Doing something first is worthy of an achievement. It means that group worked the hardest and the longest and the fastest to achieve gold times in challenge modes first.