[Music] Between the Buried and Me - The Parallax II: Future Sequence

Note: Personal feelings on this album from here on.

Well, I've listened to the full album and so far I believe it's got the feel of the whole "Space" thing like they were going for. It kind of feels like a Pink Floyd album in quite a few aspects along with the general feeling of "Space" the way it was talked about back in the 50's. I don't believe that's the feeling in the lyrics, just the way it sounds to me personally.

At the same time, it doesn't feel like an "epic" album, I haven't really been able to fully understand all the lyrics and that may very well be why. It definitely feels like an above average album, don't get me wrong, but when I have thoughts about Colors or even The Great Misdirect I personally don't feel it's up there. Again though, this is without fully understanding all the lyrics, I'm sure after I listen a couple more times I'll have a stronger feeling for the album.

Vocals (+Piano): His voice does sound pretty awesome, definitely high quality singing and screaming. The lyrics I've heard so far are fitting the whole "story" they're telling and I like it. I also like the piano, and since Tommy's the vocals & the Piano I threw it in.

Guitar: As usual their guitar is pretty amazing. Again, they really captured the "space" feeling through it. Pretty spectacular.

Bass: I didn't hear the usual "almost as amazing as the guitar" bass that I usually hear from this band. It was still far above most band's bassists, I must say.

Drums: Pretty good, but again felt "lesser" than the normal BTBAM experience.

"Extra" sounds: Extremely high quality, again, captured the "space" feel.

Overall: I'd say the guitar so far is what made the album have that feeling of "space" and I guess "loneliness" you could say? The lyrics obviously were meant to have that feeling as that's the story, and it captured it well. Once I get a couple more listens in I may come back to this thread and update my feelings on this album, but thus far it's a less awesome BTBAM album, but still is a great album.

If you guys have listened to it, please feel free to share your feelings. If you dislike/hate BTBAM I'd suggest not posting, as this is a BTBAM fan thread. If you dislike/hate the album but like/love BTBAM, I'd love to see your posts as well.

Deleted
    So it is released yet?

Fuck, I'll probably have to go to the local Media Markt to see if they have it and if they do, get pissed cause I don't have money I can spare for albums nowadays.

What I heard of it before sounded awesuhm so I'll probably YARRRRRR a copy anyways but I want to have this in original format.

Yes, it's released. Could always buy it off Amazon like I did, $9 for the album, right away able to listen to it. No clue if Hungary is able to get it, since I know the general "European" areas have a couple places that have weird laws regarding internet downloads.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it is pretty good, on the same level as Colors even.

Well, I've probably listened to it about 10 times or so now, and after the second time I felt it definitely is better than I originally stated. The story was pretty good, the instruments were very good, singing and screaming was very good.

So, 1-10 scoring of a normal album I'd rate it a 9.5/10. For a BTBAM album I'll rate it an 8/10.

Deleted
    Unfortunately album's not in that store, but to answer thy post above, I don't make digital purchases by principle. I mean, I am okay with buying it online but only if they ship a physical copy which tends to cost craptons.
    But I like to see the album on my shelf and sometimes read the liner notes etc.

Still haven't listened though, didnt really have enough opportunities but it is on my list.