Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    And in the highly touted "best expansion" of Burning Crusade, you geared almost entirely by luck. Justice Badges were 1 per heroic and it was what, 35 or more per item? You could only do 16 heroics a day at most, but they took longer than current ones. Hell, the best guilds in the world didn't tackle T5 until months after release.

That was after you ran dungeons you no longer needed 1-2 dozen times for rep to buy a key to enter a heroic. You might not have access to all the heroics so that reduces your badges per day too.

When did players shift to "we should be clearing raids within 4 weeks or sooner" mentality? That's not necessarily what I get from your post, but it's the impression I get from a lot of them.
    Theirs clearing raids in 4 weeks and then theirs 3-4 months to acquire all the valor gear assuming you cap out each week ( a painful fucking process at this point) and that's only if you do their dailies. Some gating is obviously necessary this is to much especially for people who don't raid. I mean you guys are defending them because you know what this expansion is about. It's not making more content it's making more with less. Is that what you really want out Blizzard?
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    Dailies are fine, I don't know what everyone is crying about.

You can only turn in 90 charms a week anyways, right now I'm sitting on over 200 charms even AFTER turning in 90 this morning...
    Reading, can you do it? No one gives a shit about charms, People just don't like doing the same boring quests day in day out.

Correct me if I am wrong ...
    The charm is a reward for a task. The daily is a task. If you do not want the reward you do not have to do the task. The reward is a bonus not a necessity....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Then expect wow to shrink and lose players once again. If your telling those people without time to just expect less because the game is no longer friendly to them I hope everyone of them leaves.
    Doubt it. Most of the players are casuals who don't even raid. Before Raid Finder I think the amount of raiders were bellow 1 million, with Raid Finder it got a bit above 2 million, which today would leave about 8 million people who does other things than raids. Things like daily quests and scenarios. Also, if you can't be rewarded extra for putting in extra effort, then guess what, we won't have any hardcore players left anymore since they can't be rewarded further than the average casual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Uh, the Cenarion gear outside of AQ was pretty much necessary due to the resist on it. Thorium Brotherhood armor patterns for Fire Resist on Ragnaros, Frost Resist gear for Naxx. .... Classic was pretty much all rep. Hell a Timbermaw Hold had the best agility weapon enchant.
    All turn ins or most turn ins iirc and none of the daillies. Dailies have generally almost always been things like mounts and gold and cosmetic shit. Until MoP that is.. I wonder why...??
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Reading, can you do it? No one gives a shit about charms, People just don't like doing the same boring quests day in day out.
    So don't do them...? The rep really isn't needed for... anything really. You can easily get by, by getting gear from HC's and farming mats from regular mobs, ore veins or herbs, sell it on the AH and buy whatever crafting stuff you need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get over it?

I don't like going to work, but I want money.

You have a choice, if you don't like dailies you don't have to do them. However, just as in real life, your choices have consequences.

I'm sick and tired of Blizzard just handing everything out to anyone who cries and throws a tantrum. You want something in the game? Go and do what's needed to get it, rather than stomp your feet demanding it be given to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Doubt it. Most of the players are casuals who don't even raid. Before Raid Finder I think the amount of raiders were bellow 1 million, with Raid Finder it got a bit above 2 million, which today would leave about 8 million people who does other things than raids. Things like daily quests and scenarios. Also, if you can't be rewarded extra for putting in extra effort, then guess what, we won't have any hardcore players left anymore since they can't be rewarded further than the average casual.
    Those people who do other things than raid I've got news for you. They still like to progress and grow their characters without to much pain or boredom involved. If they see to many barriers to that in front of them and people are telling them TO BAD then guess what they will do. At least I hope they will.
    The hammer comes down:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jn2002dk View Post
    You dismissed his point with an insult, that's pretty much how it works skippy

Shame the irony is lost on you but i got a good laugh from it so thank you
    You mean Dismissed as in the manner where I addressed the rest of his/her/it's post in the rest of mine. Or did you just read the top line and get all white knighty at the fact that you are wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omgakitty View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong ...
    The charm is a reward for a task. The daily is a task. If you do not want the reward you do not have to do the task. The reward is a bonus not a necessity....
    When the other option is less rewarding then it becomes a necessity to do. Charms are simply a very bad design because they promote the mentality that Blizzard had been trying to get away from at one point.
    The hammer comes down:

Deleted
    All turn ins or most turn ins iirc and none of the daillies. Dailies have generally almost always been things like mounts and gold and cosmetic shit. Until MoP that is.. I wonder why...??
    That's odd because i remember each faction in cata having gear and most of them had daily quests too

10+ Year Old Account
    That's odd because i remember each faction in cata having gear and most of them had daily quests too
    That were not in any way shape or form EXCLUSIVE to dailies. I thought was implied being that is the biggest difference in MoP.
    The hammer comes down:

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I think the big problem is that people really want the charms, and hate dailies. So, if there was another options for obtaining charms, that would be nice.

Valor points are available through multiple different playstyles. Why not charms?
    Exactly what I'm thinking here.

Coming from someone who hate dailies with passion, and being forced to do dailies non stop for rep and charm is just silly. After hearing blizzard talk about giving people bunch of "choices" on how they want to get something and yet shackle everyone to dailies? That is just silly design.

Deleted
    Those people who do other things than raid I've got news for you. They still like to progress and grow their characters without to much pain or boredom involved. If they see to many barriers to that in front of them and people are telling them TO BAD then guess what they will do. At least I hope they will.
    Those people won't mind the barriers since they will barely bump into them... Even without the rep cap they still wouldn't get anywhere near exalted in weeks, and they can still progress their characters just fine in dungeons, heroics and LFR.
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2012-10-09 at 02:36 PM.

Deleted
    You mean Dismissed as in the manner where I addressed the rest of his/her/it's post in the rest of mine. Or did you just read the top line and get all white knighty at the fact that you are wrong.
    Just because you decided to elaborate in your post doesn't mean you weren't using ad hominem in the first part. Oh the irony

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    Get over it?

I don't like going to work, but I want money.

You have a choice, if you don't like dailies you don't have to do them. However, just as in real life, your choices have consequences.

I'm sick and tired of Blizzard just handing everything out to anyone who cries and throws a tantrum. You want something in the game? Go and do what's needed to get it, rather than stomp your feet demanding it be given to you.
    Do you know how utterly retarded you sound?

"Some things just have to be done, grit your teeth and do this boring and repetitive mential tasks so you can have FUN later down the line maybe!"

If I wanted a second job, I'd get a second job, at least I wouldn't have to pay for it. Games should be fun, even if they are extended by the grind, the grind should be optional and be allowed to be done different ways.

I agree with op. I don't do the dailies. The tough alone of doing them everyday makes me shiver

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Those people won't mind the barriers since they will barely bump into them... Even without the rep cap they still wouldn't get anywhere near exalted in weeks, and they can still progress their characters just fine in dungeons, heroics and LFR.
    Really they will barely bump into them? I can list several they will bump into right now. LFR is reported to be much harder than it was previously. Sounds like a barrier to me. The bosses in heroics not only have shitty loot tables they also have shitty drop rates for jp and vp (both of which are useless at various periods during progression) sounds like a barrier to me. Hitting 460 is also by no means an easy feat. It requires far more effort than previously found. Here's what your not getting. To much effort is a barrier. If people think it's to much effort and then guys like you tell them to bad then they'll leave. I see lots of barriers especially when compared to how smooth it went in cataclysm....
    The hammer comes down:

There is nothing wrong with dailies. They aren't required for raiding. Do them or don't do them. You can still clear the enrty level raids w/o ever having to do a daily. You can LFR w/o ever doing a daily. If you want the vanity items or recipes then yah, you have do to the dailys and thats the way it should be.

Deleted
    Just because you decided to elaborate in your post doesn't mean you weren't using ad hominem in the first part. Oh the irony
    See, you don't even grasp what irony is. Irony would be if I said they were using a strawman, but that action itself being a strawman in the first place, but it wasn't was it? because you label it as an Ad hominem.

But it's also not an Ad Hominem because I don't just insult the replier apart from one not so witty quip, I laid down my opinion that was to do with the subject and the points they were raising, without resorting to name calling or trying to sling mud.

Please, stop using big special words if you have no idea what they mean.