Page 1 of 29
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    So... I'll have to do these dailies *forever*?

    I feel like I'm facing a future of perpetual daily quest grinds. Yeah, you can opt not to do it, but everything is dependent on the damned things. It's bad enough getting to revered/exalted with a bunch of them when dailies are the only way to gain rep, it'll take weeks and weeks, but it seems I'll have to keep doing them forever if I want fortune charms.

    Who will ever want to be a raider without getting the most out of it? To most players, raiding without their weekly quota of charms is out of the question. It certainly would taint the incentive for me, knowing I'm missing out on probably several raid drops per month just because I'm not grinding freakin' dailies. I expect most guilds will require that their members keep topped up on charms -- why bring a member who isn't getting the most out of the raid if you could bring someone who gets the extra upgrades and thus improves progression? You wouldn't bring someone who doesn't enchant his gear.

    The problem is that these dailies are terrible. It's not only a grind, it's an exercise in frustration to try and do the same quest as fifty other players. It's a mob-tagging, ninja-clicking competition. I don't know how I'd be able to do that forever with no end in sight, every day, just so I don't miss out on gear upgrades from an entirely unrelated part of the game.

    I think we'll need alternative ways to get these charms. (bolded/underlined because nobody seemed to comprehend that part and selectively read that I want charms for free without doing anything) They should be obtainable with VP and/or CP. I don't feel like I should have to do 45 dailies a week every week for the rest of the time I play WoW. It's just as reasonable to expect people to do dungeons or PvP -- those activities are certainly no less related to the act of raiding, and I expect most players would be a little more enthusiastic about those things than dailies. Whatever the case, I feel like alternatives will be necessary. I certainly will not be doing 45 dailies every week - and more if I want to raid with alts as well - forever. The "for as long as I play WoW" part might just get cut very short if that's how it has to be.
    Last edited by Noselacri; 2012-10-09 at 01:02 PM.

  2. #2
    Brewmaster Xothic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    QLD, Australia
    Posts
    1,369
    Wat, the daily grind is pretty bad, but if you do all the dailies every day, it takes about 2-3 weeks to hit exaulted with the base factions, and then you only have august celestials and shado pan to do. Added to this, you dont need to do Cloud Serpent, Tillers or Anglers to be raid worthy (Ok tillers is debatable, but feasts are still a thing). So for the first few weeks until you unlock AC and SP, its just Klax and Golden Lotus. While the fucking Golden lotus quests take a while, its no more than half an hour to do both GL and Klax, faster if you grab a guildy or two.

    It isnt hard, and it CERTAINLY wont last the whole expansion. It is just people crying because for the first time they have too much to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin - Expired at the end of 5.1, returned start of 5.4, left again. Bleh.

  3. #3
    Did you read the post at all?

  4. #4
    Still.... I find it a bad design.

  5. #5
    You're one of those who want all the gear without putting time and effort into it, I see.

  6. #6
    Immortal adam86shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire - England
    Posts
    7,986
    Raiding in itself is a tedious grind...... Doing the same raid week on week out

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    You're one of those who want all the gear without putting time and effort into it, I see.
    Are people incapable of posting on the internet without resorting to ad hominem in every sentence?

    I'm suggesting alternatives. I never said I don't want to do work, I just don't want to do 45 dailies every week forever.

    But I guess you feel better if you can insult people on the internet, and that's best done with strawmen and selective reading.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    You're one of those who want all the gear without putting time and effort into it, I see.
    Doing mindless things, like dailies, dailies, dailies is not putting effort in anything. pls, think before you post such a non-sens argument.
    There could be other ways to gain rep and stuff, couldn't there? They haven't to be dailies, which have to be done very day... or things will just take longer and longer.

    So it is not about putting in time and effort.... but dailies? Pffffff

  9. #9
    I am a raider and i am loving all the dailies and stuff so far. Sometimes i think people just want to /afk in SW and org. I am really enjoying getting out into the world and doing stuff. I dont find myself in IF until the end of the day when i am doing some dungeons because as a Tank i cant que and quest. I don't really care about the charms. I find them kind of rediculous anyways. the Main tank for our first group got no loot drops at all the first night, they downed 4 bosses and he got loot off 3 of them due to "extra rolls". Kinda retarded IMO.

  10. #10
    Considering you get about 3 weeks worth of charms from 1 week of pure dailies, you can definitely take a break from them every so often if you don't feel like doing dailies for a while. Or if you want to focus on 1-2 hubs of dailies instead of all of them, that should still give you enough to hand in for the weekly quest.

    I've got guildies who are destroying any extra ones they get because they just have far too many, lol. I mean, sure: to maximise your raiding you need to do dailies... But you don't need to do them every single day.

    I believe Blizzard said that when you unlock everything, you can do 48 dailies every day in Pandaria. In other words, that's basically 1 day of dailies per week to meet your weekly quota for elder charms. Honestly, that doesn't sound too bad to me.

    Alternatives may be good, sure... I don't want to start tying too much to JP/VP again though. The Cataclysm model of 'grind 7 dungeons then AFK in Stormwind/Orgrimmar' was so, SO dull. I vastly prefer the MoP design.

  11. #11
    Brewmaster Xothic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    QLD, Australia
    Posts
    1,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Noselacri View Post
    Did you read the post at all?
    Lol. Honestly I didn't, I just read the title and fired the rage cannons.

    However, having read your post, I still don't agree with it. It takes something along the lines of 6 dailies a day (2 coins per daily) to get the 3 gold coins per week. This, combined with the pretty fucking big amount of potential dailies (farming, fishing, grinding mobs, arch etc) really invalidates your point. It's pretty much just being rewarded for playing the game. I see it as Blizzard trying to convince those who have nothing else to do when raids are dead to go back out into the world and, you know, play the game. 6 dailies a day is such a small number, especially considering how easy some of them are. For example, that anglers daily where you fish up and kill one mob, or the tillers daily where you kill one bird and cook its leg. If you really hated dailies that much, you could put together a small list of the fastest dailies and just do those. It wouldnt take more than 5 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin - Expired at the end of 5.1, returned start of 5.4, left again. Bleh.

  12. #12
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    It's a terrible design and I'm not sure why Blizzard thinks dailies are awesome or something. The rep grind in cataclysm was so pain free because it just synergized with dungeon gearing and you barely noticed you were even doing it. This rep grind is basically fire lands but on crack.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  13. #13
    You can't please all of the people all of the time as the saying goes. I don't mind the dailies they go fast if you do them with friends. Now if I had to run dungeons forever or pvp that would be frustrating. The whole idea behind the change is so that there are many different ways to get valor points. Perhaps they should have charms also available from dungeons so that you could "pick your poison" so to speak. However I believe that even if they did you would still do the dailies and still complain you had to do them to get as many charms as possible. That wouldn't be the case, but I think you would want them anyway. Get a few friends together to do the dailies most of the quests stack so not everyone has to "kill 12 mobs"...even when an item drops off them for a quest, everyone is able to loot it. I know you'll still "have" to do them but at least it won't be as much of a grind.
    Last edited by Vannalee; 2012-10-09 at 12:53 PM. Reason: clarifing

  14. #14
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Lol. Honestly I didn't, I just read the title and fired the rage cannons.

    However, having read your post, I still don't agree with it. It takes something along the lines of 6 dailies a day (2 coins per daily) to get the 3 gold coins per week. This, combined with the pretty fucking big amount of potential dailies (farming, fishing, grinding mobs, arch etc) really invalidates your point. It's pretty much just being rewarded for playing the game. I see it as Blizzard trying to convince those who have nothing else to do when raids are dead to go back out into the world and, you know, play the game.
    Except dailies don't KEEP people in the world. Especially when you start out and really only have klaxxi or golden lotus. I mean it takes me like 30 minutes to do those two and most of it is travel time and then after I"m done I go back to org and afk. This is the LEAST creative solution to that problem they could have come up with and it doesn't even really keep me hanging around Pandaria. I get out there, finish what I need to ASAP and then go back to org. Without something more compelling than daily quests (which are only marginally compelling because of the reward they offer) theirs no reason to hang out anywhere but org.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  15. #15
    Well the content has to last longer... so gating is the keyword!
    I think they overdid it now.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Noselacri View Post
    The problem is that these dailies are terrible. It's not only a grind, it's an exercise in frustration to try and do the same quest as fifty other players. It's a mob-tagging, ninja-clicking competition. I don't know how I'd be able to do that forever with no end in sight, every day, just so I don't miss out on gear upgrades from an entirely unrelated part of the game.
    Look on the bright side: More and more people will fall by the wayside, so to speak, so if you do keep it up eventually the competition will diminish.

    I don't feel like I should have to do 45 dailies a week every week for the rest of the time I play WoW. [...] I certainly will not be doing 45 dailies every week - and more if I want to raid with alts as well - forever. The "for as long as I play WoW" part might just get cut very short if that's how it has to be.
    My sentiments exactly, except I cba to do the dailies for rep in the first place. I won't bother with such a time-investment when the reward is to be stuck with 45 dailies per week for charms for the rest of the expansion.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    It's a terrible design and I'm not sure why Blizzard thinks dailies are awesome or something. The rep grind in cataclysm was so pain free because it just synergized with dungeon gearing and you barely noticed you were even doing it. This rep grind is basically fire lands but on crack.
    'you barely noticed you were even doing it'

    Yeah, that sounds like an utterly awful design to me. Choosing how to progress your character = good. Just getting all rewards for doing the same content every single week = boring. 'Barely noticing' the rewards you're getting... You can't really be working for that, can you? It's just falling into your lap. 'Well I'm here for loot and VP, oh and look here's some reputation too, cool I guess'

    With MoP, I can either run heroics to get gear, or do dailies for elder charms/VP/gold, or do scenarios for VP/gear, or farm spirits of harmony to craft gear/get gold... There's options. It's not all just grinding 7 random dungeons per week for everything.

  18. #18
    Mechagnome the9tail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    547
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Well the content has to last longer... so gating is the keyword!
    I think they overdid it now.
    I think they didn't. Infact I can think they can go even more extreme and I would be happier when I get to the end.

  19. #19
    Brewmaster Xothic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    QLD, Australia
    Posts
    1,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Except dailies don't KEEP people in the world. Especially when you start out and really only have klaxxi or golden lotus. I mean it takes me like 30 minutes to do those two and most of it is travel time and then after I"m done I go back to org and afk. This is the LEAST creative solution to that problem they could have come up with and it doesn't even really keep me hanging around Pandaria.
    I see it as an attempt to cast a line, as it were. It is practically impossible to FORCE people to stay in the world unless they want too. I see the 6 dailies a day thing as trying to hook players into just randomly playing. Look at it this way, you are off smashing GL dailies in Vale, you see an arch spot near by, you go hit the arch spot for shits, and you end up just fucking doing arch for 3 hours. Sure, it wont work for everyone, hell, it might barely work for anyone, but it is blizzard trying something new in design choice, and new direction in design choice is seriously what we needed after Cata.

    (Also, you can do Tillers, anglers and cloud serpents off the bat, not just Klax and GL. Although those 3 arnt really raid required. Just saying, the choice for variety in coin obtaining is there.)

    That said, I think a good way of aleviating this problem without removing the coin system all together would be to do something along the lines of giving 2 coins per random heroic boss kill, or something of the like. Basically just add more ways to get the bloody things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin - Expired at the end of 5.1, returned start of 5.4, left again. Bleh.

  20. #20
    I duno about you guys, but I'm almost 4 weeks ahead in the quest items for Elder Charms. And I havn't even started Shado-Pan or AC yet! By the time I'm exalted with everyone I think I'll probably have a whole bag full of these bloody things.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •