Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The best thing Blizzard could do to get people out in the world would be to give everyone a remote AH, bank and mailbox. It'd be like me working at the office or on my laptop at home, would I rather sit in Orgrimmar than some pretty place in Howling Fjord? No.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Lol, sure. If wowhead is correct, 90% of the dailys pay out almost 140 gold EACH, with the odd one clocking in at 90 or something. 140g! And you want them to BUFF that? Gold is already so stupidly easy to come by in this game (and the current dailys practically throw the stuff at you by the bucket load), they really dont need to contribute even more to inflation.
    A full set of Tillers, Klaxxi, Golden Lotus and Anglers dailies + selling whatever grey-white stuff drops yields about 800g per day for me. I have no idea where did you come up with those numbers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    You guys are right. I don't need anything in this game. I don't need to log in really. I could just sit at the menu screen all day and do nothing. The argument your making is that foolish. When the other options suck dick by comparison then people will feel forced to do them. Raiding without charms isn't NECESSARY by any stretch but raiding without charms sucks so bad that your gonna feel you need to do it anyway.
    And all it takes to get them is 6 dailies a day which takes 10 minutes. Is that really that big of a deal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    And all it takes to get them is 6 dailies a day which takes 10 minutes. Is that really that big of a deal?
    Yes when you consider they gutted dungeon rewards for this. All of that to get me in the world for 10 minutes of dailies..
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

You don't even need to log on every day, hell you can easily get by even by ignoring dailies completely. The HC gear is easily enough to get into normal raiding or LFR, which will give you the gear you need for heroics.

It is really good design because it was intended for those who do have time but had nothing to spend it on in the game.
    I have run hc's several times, really. I am at ilvl 455 now. it takes a while to get geared because it is based on luck, not skill nor effort but luck. The items have to drop and then you will have to win a roll.

At this point I only can buy jp gear from Klaxxi and hands I already have from hc, so useless. other reps I don't have enough of yet to spend jp. So I am jp capped now, not being able to spend nor earn more. I can buy vp from Klaxxi but for that I don't have enough vp yet. Works out great, doesn't it?

I need ilvl 360 (when lowered) to start lfr (it was 363), so I need every slot filled with a hc peace.
    I think it will take me some time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noselacri View Post
    You can only carry 10 charms at any time, so it's not like you can stock up months in advance.
    Yes you can. There's no limit on how many small charms you can have. You can only have 10 Elder ones at a time, and you can't get more than 3 of those per week.

I mean it takes me like 30 minutes to do those two and most of it is travel time and then after I"m done I go back to org and afk.
    I did my Tillers dailies in 10 minutes and there was a swarm of people around the market and I saw people doing the dailies there and for Cloudserpents as well as for Klaxxi.

However, if Tillers took 10 minutes and you're saying it took 30 minutes to do those.......why are people acting like they have to dedicate their entire lives to doing dailies and don't have time for anything else?

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing you need the rep for is valor gear and some craftables, which is not really needed as the HC designed to work for raids... You're not intended to gear up on full VP gear to then head into the raids, as that gear is good enough to get you directly into HC raiding.

And yes it's a bit of a stretch to compare a choice between being robbed or possibly robbed and shot to having to do 6 dailies a day or not do them at all... A real big stretch...
    And again for someone who doesn't raid regularly but still likes to gear up their tune well guess what Valor is HUGE.

You may think it's a stretch but it still applies. If the other option is worse than people will feel compelled, FORCED EVEN to do the one with the best outcome. Blizzard knows this to. It's why they nerfed the pvp gear down the 458. Its why they wont give an honor pvp weapon. EVERY pve guy would feel compelled like they had to get it and they'd be very correct.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Maybe and in any case it just means dungeons need more buffs. Shit I wish I could make that much money in a dungeon. For now I make more money with ore and shit. I expect it won't drop that much especially people just getting into normal raids and getting patterns to make crap. We'll see.
    Why? I don't believe that blizzard has EVER intended doing dungeons to be a sustainable source for income. Dungeons are intended for gearing yourself out so you can progress on to bigger and better dungeons, not for padding your wallet. I think this is probably part of the reason they reduced the incentive to chain run dungeons for valor, because people then felt forced into chain running dungeons just for the valor long after they stopped actually needing anything from the dungeons themselves (and also probably why they added scenarios, which are basicly shorter / faster dungeons with a valor reward and much less constraining party requirements).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    Wow, if you think dailies are the only/worst part in this game you clearly haven't tried to play really. It takes like three days to hit exalted. Bottom line is, in two months, you'll be complaining about how everything was handed to people on a silver platter. I really hate this mentality.
    Tell me exactly, how the hell did it take you three days to get exalted with golden lotus? Do you know some kind of magic farming technique that let's you farm tons of rep an hour?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I did my Tillers dailies in 10 minutes and there was a swarm of people around the market and I saw people doing the dailies there and for Cloudserpents as well as for Klaxxi.

However, if Tillers took 10 minutes and you're saying it took 30 minutes to do those.......why are people acting like they have to dedicate their entire lives to doing dailies and don't have time for anything else?
    So much for getting people out in the world. It isn't so much the time it takes it's the idea that you have to do them every day or you lose out. Dailies are a job even if it's a small one.
    The hammer comes down:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    I have run hc's several times, really. I am at ilvl 455 now. it takes a while to get geared because it is based on luck, not skill nor effort but luck. The items have to drop and then you will have to win a roll.

At this point I only can buy jp gear from Klaxxi and hands I already have from hc, so useless. other reps I don't have enough of yet to spend jp. So I am jp capped now, not being able to spend nor earn more. I can buy vp from Klaxxi but for that I don't have enough vp yet. Works out great, doesn't it?

I need ilvl 360 (when lowered) to start lfr (it was 363), so I need every slot filled with a hc peace.
    I think it will take me some time.
    Welcome to MMO's, they have been known to involve RNG from time to time, you should have seen vanilla. Also JP gear doesn't have any reputation requirements, if you don't have anything to spend it on do like me and convert it to honor or something.

There is a ton of dailies. But I've been doing pretty much all of them since I hit 90. It's a pain takes like 80 minutes to go through all of them. Cloud Serpents, Golden Lotus, Tillers, Angler's, Klaxxi. But at this point I am already 4 weeks "ahead" in lesser charms. By the time I hit exalted with a few of them I'll only need to do a handful a week and I'll be good for months

Deleted
    Wow, if you think dailies are the only/worst part in this game you clearly haven't tried to play really. It takes like three days to hit exalted. Bottom line is, in two months, you'll be complaining about how everything was handed to people on a silver platter. I really hate this mentality.
    What a steaming pile of straw men, assumptions, ad hominem and just plain idiocy. Probably the worst reply in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Why? I don't believe that blizzard has EVER intended doing dungeons to be a sustainable source for income. Dungeons are intended for gearing yourself out so you can progress on to bigger and better dungeons, not for padding your wallet. I think this is probably part of the reason they reduced the incentive to chain run dungeons for valor, because people then felt forced into chain running dungeons just for the valor long after they stopped actually needing anything from the dungeons themselves (and also probably why they added scenarios, which are basicly shorter / faster dungeons with a valor reward and much less constraining party requirements).
    They don't do that or at least not as well anymore so I'd like to see them fulfill some other purpose. Why not making money? At some point the ques are gonna get long and the groups that do happen will fill with leavers who drop when the boss doesn't drop the gear they need.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 01:57 PM ----------

Welcome to MMO's, they have been known to involve RNG from time to time, you should have seen vanilla. Also JP gear doesn't have any reputation requirements, if you don't have anything to spend it on do like me and convert it to honor or something.
    WoW became the success it was by getting away from being an "mmo". JP and Valor were meant to combat the RNG and hence one of the "mmo" aspects of the game. The history of wow is the history of progressive decisions aimed to ease players burdens and make QoL number 1.
    The hammer comes down:

Deleted
    JP gear is also damn near terrible and close to non-existant. As a tank I found barely any of it useful at all. Also, talking about Vanilla, Vanilla let me grind a faction as much as I wanted, as fast as I wanted, it didn't allot me only 30 mins of shitty dailies to repeat so it gets boring and dull.

Deleted
    Yes when you consider they gutted dungeon rewards for this. All of that to get me in the world for 10 minutes of dailies..
    Dungeons still has plenty of rewards don't they? They can supply with with a full set of gear that works just fine in normal mode raids. And if you want bonus stuff (which is what the elder coins are, they were not intended for everyone to get their hands on, only those who had the time/interest), you have to put in some "bonus" effort.

As I've said before, the coins have a very slim chance of giving loot and will most likely only rewards you with random flasks and gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    A full set of Tillers, Klaxxi, Golden Lotus and Anglers dailies + selling whatever grey-white stuff drops yields about 800g per day for me. I have no idea where did you come up with those numbers.
    I was going by this list: http://www.wowhead.com/item=90458/le...from-q:100+1+2

Which claims an approximate payout of 141 gold for the vast majority of the daily quests. Granted, i havent really been paying attention to the turnin screen in game, but yeah, it did seem a bit high.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Lol. Honestly I didn't, I just read the title and fired the rage cannons.

However, having read your post, I still don't agree with it. It takes something along the lines of 6 dailies a day (2 coins per daily) to get the 3 gold coins per week. This, combined with the pretty fucking big amount of potential dailies (farming, fishing, grinding mobs, arch etc) really invalidates your point. It's pretty much just being rewarded for playing the game. I see it as Blizzard trying to convince those who have nothing else to do when raids are dead to go back out into the world and, you know, play the game. 6 dailies a day is such a small number, especially considering how easy some of them are.
    I'm not sure about that.

Just having to do the 1 cooking daily during Cataclysm for a couple of months made me into a quivering wreck. I can't stomach them. 45 a week is just.. no.

It tells you something that people are already so burnt out on dailies after 1-2 weeks after the expansion. What's it going to be like after a few months, and when the next content patch is just... more dailies?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    JP gear is also damn near terrible and close to non-existant. As a tank I found barely any of it useful at all. Also, talking about Vanilla, Vanilla let me grind a faction as much as I wanted, as fast as I wanted, it didn't allot me only 30 mins of shitty dailies to repeat so it gets boring and dull.
    "Grinding" dailies is boring but grinding npc's to your hearts content with no cap limit is fun? Gotcha... I don't understand how you can find dailies so boring when you have no problem grinding regular mobs out in the world.