Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Player: I'm having bad luck at raid drops! *whine* *whine*
    Blizzard: Ok, here's non-raid way to boost chance.
    Player: It takes too much time and now that it is there I'm feeling I can't ignore it, make it effortless! *whine* *whine*

Nothing new here.

I don't think you get the point rowaasr13!
    Why do you bother to post, when you don't know what the point is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey do these tokens work in lfr?
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Hey do these tokens work in lfr?
    The elder coins? Yes, raids of all difficulty. Even works on the world boss.

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Unless of course you don't like repetitive daily cases, in which case it isn't "Have fun!" that Blizzard is saying, they are saying "suck it bitches, you are going to do what we tell you to and like it". Goodbye are the days where you did group content to progress in group content, now you will do your daily quests and like it!
    The reason the "look at all this optional content!" never gets a "solution" from Blizzard is because the solution is in your own hands: Don't do the dailies you don't want to do. If you're doing the sort of raiding where you need the best VP and JP pieces RIGHT NOW but can't be bothered to put in time to get them, then buy some crafted stuf for re-evaluate your playstyle.

Blizzard putting Elder tokens on daily quests has sparked so much interaction within the world on my server that I'm reminded of the Isle of Quel'danas days. It's the best decision they could have ever made. The miniscule amount of VP you get from raid bosses, on the other hand...
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    when I go to the carnival and drop 5 bucks on a -game- I don't bitch when I don't win the stuffed bear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    So you don't have a job at the moment?
    How much time do spend in wow?
    What kind of job did you have, if I may ask?
    I am currently unemployed yes, if you saw the job market here you would understand. I'm currently planning on studying further on the University however, but that won't happen until spring or next fall. I worked night shifts two on two for a company that did a little bit of everything in terms of maintenance of buildings, trains etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanlol View Post
    Blizzard putting Elder tokens on daily quests has sparked so much interaction within the world on my server that I'm reminded of the Isle of Quel'danas days. It's the best decision they could have ever made. The miniscule amount of VP you get from raid bosses, on the other hand...
    Uggh no. IOQD were good dailies. It was a server wide event that everybody contributed to as much or as little as they could or wanted to because in the end the reward was the same (more or less). This is a grind that people just do. Even IOQD I got sick of doing. The only thing that made it tolerable was the fact that progression would still happen even if I didn't do them. Dailies in mists are a dead end if you don't do them.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    I am currently unemployed yes, if you saw the job market here you would understand. I'm currently planning on studying further on the University however, but that won't happen until spring or next fall. I worked night shifts two on two for a company that did a little bit of everything in terms of maintenance of buildings, trains etc.
    Okay, nightshifts sounds like a pain in the behind to me :-)
    I work during the days, but I am phonable during nights and weekends :-)

So whenever I am not working then I will be on-call; whenever I get a call I have to let go of whatever I am doing and do what is needed. In 2 weeks, I will be on-call 1 week.

So, my schedule to be able to play and my perception of free time and the value of that is a little bit different that yours; can we agree on that?

10+ Year Old Account
    At the moment, I'm doing literally every daily that I can get my hands on. Because I want the rep. I want achievements.

Today, I'll get exalted with the Order of the Cloud Serpents (I think). When that is done, I'll not do those dailies for a while. My time is very limited what with 3-4 raids a week and a full-time job. I need to use my time extremely efficiently. So, when that quest hub is done with, I'll take a break from there and enjoy having a few more minutes left for other things. Same thing when I'll be exalted with any of the other factions. And in the end, I'll only do 1 or 2 daily quest hubs a day, just to get some charms. I mean, I have charms in my bag that would last me about a month in advance by now. I can take a break if I want to when I'm done with rep.

But when I'm exalted with stuff, I'll probably go ahead and finally dabble around in scenarios and earn my valor points by dungeoning and stuff.

In the end, there'll be no more necessity for Klaxxi, Order, Tillers, Anglers... and so on - aside from some of the quests being so easy that you'd be silly to pass up on that easy valor and charms.

Deleted
    No, you don't. The charms are just a little bonus, not a necessity.

I don't think you get the point rowaasr13!
    Why do you bother to post, when you don't know what the point is?
    Thanks, but I prefer not to ask your useless opinion before posting.

I get the point perfectly. There's exactly two choices: do dailies and get gear faster (not better, just faster) or don't do dailies and get it at regular speed. You want first one? Go put some effort in it. You don't - whatever, just don't whine.

Deleted

So whenever I am not working then I will be on-call; whenever I get a call I have to let go of whatever I am doing and do what is needed. In 2 weeks, I will be on-call 1 week.

So, my schedule to be able to play and my perception of free time and the value of that is a little bit different that yours; can we agree on that?
    One of my friends is on-call sorry for that I suppose it is quite annoying (it was for him at least)

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post

I get the point perfectly. There's exactly two choices: do dailies and get gear faster (not better, just faster) or don't do dailies and get it at regular speed. You want first one? Go put some effort in it. You don't - whatever, just don't whine.
    Off course it is useless to you..... If've said: good point Row; then you would be glad and maybe even thank me for it.
    But when it is negative, then it is a useless one :-)

And.. eeeeehhh sorry to post something useless again, but you don't get the point. I see you tried to clearify it but it only shows that you don't get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post

Then that's not really a choice is it. In the same way Vote or Die isn't a choice either. When one reward is so compelling and the other so lacking your not left with any real diversity or choice. Your just left with the best way to do something.
    The hammer comes down:

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    One of my friends is on-call sorry for that I suppose it is quite annoying (it was for him at least)
    yeah, it is annoying.... but it pays really good!
    The nature of my work is that is just is 24/7 really.

So when I get into a dungeon and halfway I get a call, which is normally quite urgent (otherwise no call); I have to leave grp and work!

Deleted

Definitely, I fully respect and understand that not everyone has the time I have, nor even perhaps want to spend that much, and are unable for whatever reasons to schedule raids etc. However, I feel that anyone and everyone that plays the game, has 20 minutes to spare for a couple of dailies. =)

Also night shifts weren't a pain, not for me at least. I usually prefer to stay up during the nights over the days (ye I know I'm weird ), I also get better payed for working at such hours so that worked out well for me. Sadly the company lost an important business contract with an even bigger company which resulted in them having to cut back on personnel, me included.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Then that's not really a choice is it. In the same way Vote or Die isn't a choice either. When one reward is so compelling and the other so lacking your not left with any real diversity or choice. Your just left with the best way to do something.
    I think that's fairly subjective on the individual person mentality/perspective

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    I think that's fairly subjective on the individual person mentality/perspective
    It hasn't been a choice for the past how many years of this crap? Look someone tweeted Ghostcrawler the other day they asked him why he doesn't give pvpers an honor weapon. His answer is fairly illuminating.

Weapons are so attractive, that every PvE player would buy an Honor weapon.
    OF COURSE OF COURSE. Everyone will do it because it's that damn good. I mean why else would they give the gear to the daily vendors in the first place. I mean if it was just cosmetic do you think dailies would be as widely done as they are now? It's so sneaky and manipulative because in the past they've moved away from this.
    The hammer comes down:

Deleted
    I suppose that's the reason why the Justice/Valor gear seems to be slightly lower ilevel than raid/LFR (dunno about this one) so that they're not really as attractive and you should not feel compelled to.

Never done PvP so I do not know how much effort it took to take the weapon, I just don't love PvP so I don't do it even if the weapons were greater in power than mine.

But I see the general point you make related to the charms. Still think that they're optional but that's just me cause I do not have a mindset that makes me obsess over gear. I have some made this week (cause I like Tillers and the fishing reps) I do not think I will do them again this week, simply cause I do not want to make as many dailies.
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2012-10-10 at 11:33 AM.