Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Well sure, you CAN play the game without spending a dime. I certainly have. It's just like other F2P/B2P games in that regard...no one holds a gun to your head and makes you spend money, but at the same time there's plenty of subtle (or in some games not so subtle) things that either entice you to spend, or wear you down after a while, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well sure, you CAN play the game without spending a dime. I certainly have. It's just like other F2P/B2P games in that regard...no one holds a gun to your head and makes you spend money, but at the same time there's plenty of subtle (or in some games not so subtle) things that either entice you to spend, or wear you down after a while, etc etc.
    Oh please, enlighten us on how you don't get a tourney ticket from just about every gold chest you ever open... go on...i'm waiting...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Oh please, enlighten us on how you don't get a tourney ticket from just about every gold chest you ever open... go on...i'm waiting...
    Is there are point to that, or are you just going to intentionally play dumb because you feel obligated to protect your MMO-Jesus?

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Is there are point to that, or are you just going to intentionally play dumb because you feel obligated to protect your MMO-Jesus?
    Um... We get a ticket from just about every gold chest we open, this means you never have to actually pay money to get into a tourney if you just play the game and don't suck.... I know, I know, it's hard for you closed minded ex wow players who seem to think anyone who has a brain and likes GW2 worships it... I mean seriously, have you even played in sPvP? Cause it's pretty ridiculous how easy it is to get those tickets....
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

a ticket from EVERY golden chest we open... HMMM where did you hear that??? sure there is a CHANCE that there will be a ticket in it. but i never rad that its 100% chance to get one in every gold chest. prove to me that im wrong fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by syom View Post
    a ticket from EVERY golden chest we open... HMMM where did you hear that??? sure there is a CHANCE that there will be a ticket in it. but i never rad that its 100% chance to get one in every gold chest. prove to me that im wrong fanboy.
    "just about every" != "every". Chance is chance, but the point is (for those keeping track) you don't need to put money/gems into the system to get gems out...and there's even the chance that nobody puts money into the system and gems come out. And please, leave the flaming out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by syom View Post
    He said 'just about every', probably meaning somewhere in the neighborhood of 70-90%. I don't know the facts myself, but that's what he said.

For real though, I hardly ever PvP, I think I'm a rank 5, and I already have 4 tournament tickets. I'd say that's pretty easy to get.

durz is referring to the gold chests from tournaments

which the tickets dont come from. they are a separate reward awarded along with the chest for first place (which is a gold tournament chest)

you also get one every time you rank up via chests

so yes, every time you get a gold tourny chest you also get a ticket
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Closing this down. If you want to discuss how you win gems from tournaments without the conspiracy theorist jabs and pompous attitudes, feel free to do so. But this is a pretty shitty way of going about it since you start the thread by belittling other posters and going after them from the get-go.