High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Enhancement AoE rotations?

Hey guys, I thought I'd ask you guys how your aoe rotations is like.

Here's mine:
    - Opening:
    1. Unleash Elements
    2. Flameshock
    3. Fire Nova
    4. Put down magma totem if there's 4 or more mobs.
    5. When Maelstrom procs do Chain Lightning.

Then just keep to the normal priority like it was single target, except I spam Fire Nova whenever it's off cooldown. And when flameshock weares off, I repeat the opening sequence.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by psir; 2012-10-09 at 02:59 PM.

I'm not sure what the minimum requirement for mobs would be, but you would probably want to FS>LL>UE>FN

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    But when you use UE -> Flameshock, the flameshock dot damage will be increased, right? Won't the flameshocks spread around also be higher?

Lava lash before fire nova to spread FS, first UE for the FS, then use it for fire nova.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only time I use FN without spreading it is when I'm running into a group of mobs otherwise I FS-UE-LL-FN

Quote Originally Posted by psir View Post
    But when you use UE -> Flameshock, the flameshock dot damage will be increased, right? Won't the flameshocks spread around also be higher?
    Yes, they would be; and I am not sure if a UE_FS would do more damage than a UE_FN (Radux or Endus can confirm this), but in most AoE situations, the mobs are not going to live for the full duration of the FS DoT (especially if you are using the FS glyph), significantly decreasing the value of the UE effect on the FS.
    Last edited by LyskaWF; 2012-10-09 at 05:38 PM.