Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I blame the Sha! No but seriously.. That is some disturbed sh*t! The 911 woman did an amazing job though!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    How does someone even get a gun ?

Very sad story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Well everyone have they own form to see things..., and no i don't think the same way he do...
    No you just want him to get shot. That's ok.

That's beyond fucked up. But yeah, kudos to that 911 operator for staying cool and helping him to calm down.

Anyway, first amendment flamewar. Go!
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

For some reason I kept thinking about the poor father here. Having to be told his normally non-violent son killed his mother and sister.. for no real reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    That's beyond fucked up. But yeah, kudos to that 911 operator for staying cool and helping him to calm down.

Anyway, first amendment flamewar. Go!
    You mean second amendment? Unless this had something to do with religion, speech, assembly, the press, or petition, I'm not sure what it has to do with the first amendment.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    That is really messed up. Sadly i think persons like this will stay to be a risk to the society for the rest of their life. I don't think there is a way to heal this person.

He should be put in care and not in jail.

I've read the transcript (not listened) and the patience and calm attitude of the 911 operator certianly helped to defuse that situation. They kept him calm and alert, and gave them the information the kid needed.

On-Topic: Right or Wrong, he did murder someone in cold blood. Sadly, from what I've seen he didn't really know what happened, he just did it, but nonetheless he needs to be dealt with as a murderer. This is not manslaughter, but a pre-meditated act of violence.

I could tell from the transcript he was immediately sorry, and was regretting it, but his lack of emotion makes me believe something more is going on here. I feel bad for the Father.

Deleted
    Sounds like he needed someone to talk to 0.o a cry for help that went too far.

Maybe he missed his dad??? He did say he's away...who knows what that could of done to his mind :/

I'm not sure that he's a sociopath. He does have severe limitations in the empathy department obviously, but that's not terribly unusual for a teenager. When I was 15 I was pissed that a family member's death was ruining my prom. We'll know for sure in a few days when it either hits him, or not, what he's done to his family.

Regardless, he needs to be removed from society and serve time, and lots of it. He might be an interesting test subject for the psychiatrists.

And man, I agree, kudos to the dispatcher. That was surreal.

I'm disturbed at how calm the kid was throughout the call. He didn't seem to grasp the gravity of killing somebody, let alone his own family. I feel like he was just any other normal kid in school, just waiting to snap. A ticking time bomb. Really messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by alteam View Post
    That is really messed up. Sadly i think persons like this will stay to be a risk to the society for the rest of their life. I don't think there is a way to heal this person.

He should be put in care and not in jail.
    He needs to be dealt with as a murder, but not to waste his life away in jail. Rehabilitation is always an option in this case, but it depends what comes of the court case. He could have serious mental conditions that prevent him from being able to truly recover, and that puts others at risk also.

He was fairly calm, relaxed and emotionless about the whole thing. I think something must be wrong there.

On another note; Guns I don't have a problem with, but the lack of control with them, the lack of education about them and the security around them is what I have a problem with. Far to many guns are easily accessible, are already loaded or the children are not aware of the real dangers of them.

I don't currently, but I do intend to own my own Rifle soon, as I love shooting (Targets, not Animals). But I'll have the rifle hidden, the ammunition elsewhere, not loaded and also kept somewhere secure and safe where only I could get access. Perhaps even locked away somewhere with a numerical secured padlock.

Deleted
    Second amendment!

Do not embed meme images - Mod
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-09 at 03:47 PM.

Deleted
    obviously insane, you dont kill your family for fun - so i dont know if treating it like a normal murder is fair -

what a terrible world we live in...
    Asus Z270-AR Prime
    i7-7700K - NZXT Kraken x61
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
    GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme
    XPG GAMMIX 1TB NVMe M.2 (2)
    Corsair Air 540 case

Deleted
    Jail only makes people worse or dead....what he needs is a hospital. He seems a very sick young man.

Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    Jail only makes people worse or dead....what he needs is a hospital. He seems a very sick young man.
    There is no curing a sociopath.

Deleted
    That was...chilling...
    I dread to think what the father is going thru, lost his wife, lost his daughter and will lose his son (thru disowning / prision etc). I also dread to think what will happen with the father...

I feel bad for the father....to have to come home to this....what a nightmare. Not sure how i could move on from that or even want to visit or have some kind of association with the son.

Quote Originally Posted by twh View Post
    I feel bad for the father....to have to come home to this....what a nightmare. Not sure how i could move on from that or even want to visit or have some kind of association with the son.
    for sure, as the father i couldnt even begin to imagine how I would deal with this. especially what to say to the son
    Asus Z270-AR Prime
    i7-7700K - NZXT Kraken x61
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
    GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme
    XPG GAMMIX 1TB NVMe M.2 (2)
    Corsair Air 540 case