Can hunters still dual wield?

A dumb question, I'm sure, but I haven't played a hunter since WotLK. I logged on to my hunter that I levelled during then out of curiosity surrounding talents and what-not. Next thing I know, somebody whispered me, saying "nice glitch, reported" and put me on ignore. My hunter was wielding either two swords or a sword and a dagger. Have I exploited something by accident? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick? Bit worried, lol. I haven't logged onto him for months, not since the weapon system was altered.

Hunters can't use anything but bows or guns anymore, at least not while using other weapons. He's probably just an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zambooka View Post
    A dumb question, I'm sure, but I haven't played a hunter since WotLK. I logged on to my hunter that I levelled during then out of curiosity surrounding talents and what-not. Next thing I know, somebody whispered me, saying "nice glitch, reported" and put me on ignore. My hunter was wielding either two swords or a sword and a dagger. Have I exploited something by accident? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick? Bit worried, lol. I haven't logged onto him for months, not since the weapon system was altered.
    You haven't done anything wrong, hunters can still use their weapons and DW them. But now it's just more beneficial for you to have a ranged.
    You know, one might be wrong about things but it is damn annoying to be right and people then realize it too late.

i think you just still had the dual wielding weps from your Wotlk playing, and so they were still there. But since we are only ranged now you should wear a bow in that slot

You an still equip all the weapons you could use before. You just can't equip them and a ranged weapon at the same time.

Not sure about dual-wielding, but we can still equip melee weapons. But none of the shots/stings are gonna work without a ranged weapon equipped :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Well, I suppose if you're going to burn a bridge, you may as well use lots of gas and make a really impressive fire that everyone will see for miles around.
    Buried Hope by XJ Selman! There is no reason NOT to buy this fantastic sci-fi/dystopian debut for the paltry sum of $.99! And I don't even tend to like sci-fi!

hunters can still dual wield 1handed melee weapons, but they wont have any gains in it unless they wanna show something off when they're in a major city for example

Right, got it, thanks all. I have no idea what he was so mad about, then. Also useful to know since I'm beginning to level a hunter again on my current realm.