Any confirmed date for f2p launch?

As a day one gamer I played through many of the rough patches of swtor before finally giving up after 1.3 aka the lfg patch. I'd like to come back but feel like paying the sub fee will leave me feeling ripped off again. When does swtor go f2p so I can return and gauge whether it's worth the money to see all the content. Thanks for any good info guys.

All they've told us in "In the Fall".

For non-Americans, this is Autumn, which we're roughly in now. So it'll be available soon™!

I don't believe there's been a date given, at least not on their website. I'm looking forward to this as well, so I'm also hoping someone knows.

I'll go with some time in November, as they've just sent me an email suggesting I subscribe (I assume the final opportunity) so I can get my grubby paws on some "Cartel Coins" for the F2P launch this Fall. So, mid to late November. I could have sworn they mentioned something a few months ago targeting November, but perhaps I imagined that. December would be a depressing wait, and counts as Winter in my book, but if you don't get a full one month out of your last subscription opportunity, it seems like a waste of money.

Was wondering the same tbh. Just a little off topic, but is it worth to try the game even if you got no former exp with the Star wars universe?

Yeah I know about the "this fall" announcement but like you said that's right now. It's October and unless they plan on doing something soon itll be thanksgiving and probably too late to launch. I want something solid not just "this fall" but hopefully it won't keep extending like the original launch of tor back in 2010.

Just as a heads up, when the game goes F2P, you won't be able to raid unless you subscribe. For this reason, I will not be playing. I am certainly amenable to limited access to the raid, or having some sort of purchasable gateway, but zero access without subscribing is a deal breaker for me. Which makes me even more upset that bought a CE. Oh, well.

Quote Originally Posted by teamoblterate View Post
    Just as a heads up, when the game goes F2P, you won't be able to raid unless you subscribe. For this reason, I will not be playing. I am certainly amenable to limited access to the raid, or having some sort of purchasable gateway, but zero access without subscribing is a deal breaker for me. Which makes me even more upset that bought a CE. Oh, well.
    They could solve all that mess with the dreaded microtransactions.

I know people hate MTs but they provide a great way to generate money for the company without pissing off the whole player base by forcing them into a sub model.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    They could solve all that mess with the dreaded microtransactions.

I know people hate MTs but they provide a great way to generate money for the company without pissing off the whole player base by forcing them into a sub model.
    That's the only thing that won't be available through micro transactions.

Nope no new details have come out for the F2P stuff yet. We already have a few threads covering it, and when more info is released/we get a specific date there will be a fresh thread to discuss it /scouts honor