View Poll Results: Pat on the back or a fist to the face?

Voters
200. This poll is closed
  • Pat pat pat

167 83.50%
  • Smash Smash Smash

33 16.50%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Hah, was thinking along similar lines.
    Would you feel the same if a 28 year old man slept with your 17 year old daughter?

Deleted
    must say, she looks like a plastic doll lol

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Would you feel the same if a 28 year old man slept with your 17 year old daughter?
    Is he rich?

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Is he rich?
    He's a teacher, of fucking course he's not.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Smash as he has broken the first rule, don't get caught!

Quote Originally Posted by tseven View Post
    "Hey dad, I have been thinking about becoming a prostitute."

Would you accept that?
    I would tell my kid I don't agree with their choice, but it's not my place to tell them how they lived their life. I would like to think I'll be a good enough parent to open their minds to be something a little better than that however.

My parents for example had the same mentality. They had set aside $15,000 for me after highschool which I only got if I attended either college or university. Had I chosen to not pursue post secondary education, I would not receive the money. Had I changed my mind later on and eventually gone to school, I would receive it then.

edit: My parents told me to do what I wanted in life, they just setup help for university if I needed it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    To prevent confusion over whether you’re playing a card game or returning to town, the Hearthstone will now be called a Homerock.

Deleted
    It's not the same thing! Men are evil and viscous :>

10+ Year Old Account
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

10+ Year Old Account
    No parent would be ok with this. The people saying "pat pat" must not have children. If it was my son i would question his judgement but im sure i would convince myself that the teacher is wrong and should have known better than to take advantage of a kid. Your kid isn't your friend... you don't give him points for "scoring" it doesn't work that way.
    Last edited by Giants41; 2012-10-09 at 07:44 PM.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    It's not the same thing! Men are evil and viscous :>
    Yeah of course...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well done. Well done.

And I got more out of reading that column than the filmic abomination that is That’s My Boy. Which has pretty much that setup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    He's 17 why does it matter who he shags.
    Cause in certain parts of the US the age of consent is 18.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Ah well that sucks for him then. You would think if your banging the teacher that you would be a little more careful :P.
    Well, nothing happens to the "victim." It's just the teacher that gets boned.

He's a teacher, of fucking course he's not.
    Then yes, I would have an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    No parent wouldn't be ok with this. The people saying "pat pat" must not have children. If it was my son i would be questions his judgement but im sure i would convince myself that the teacher is wrong and should have known better than to take advantage of a kid. Your kid isn't your friend... you don't give him points for "scoring" it doesn't work that way.
    To be honest the one at fault is mainly the teacher here so I wouldn't blame my son really. First she is the adult here and the one at risk for having a relationship with one of her student. While I dont care if a 17yo has sex with a 27yo woman, I do care when a teacher has sex with one of his/her student. The same way I don't want a therapist to have sex with one of his/her patient.
    The woman should have some form of professional blame for this (and in the article she said she won't teach anymore as a part of the deal, so that's ok by me).

I'm 27 male, and I teach to people aged between 19 and 24. While I would have no problem dating someone that age I would never, ever date one of my direct female students. She will have to wait to graduate for that
    Last edited by rezoacken; 2012-10-09 at 07:50 PM.

Deleted
    I think this situation is just as bad for a guy as it is for a girl. Fuck all the guys with their double standards.

I'd be very angry with my son if he was in this situation. (if I even had a son of course)
    And the person having sex with this kid is a pedophile in my book. Absolutely disgusting.

Deleted
    I see no problem with this.

17 you are not a legal adult but you are not a stupid kid any more, you know what you were doing, you were not forced to have sex, maybe he was the one who seduced the teacher who knows.

I guess it all depends on the country you guys are. Here in Portugal it wouldn't be a big deal aminor having sex with an adult when he is 17. It would just be a big deal because it his a teacher but it is not a crime in my country, but the school has the right to kick the teacher out of school.

Not long ago 13year old's would be of age of marry and would marry older people for political power or lands. That doesn't work on today's society because at that age, you haven't experience life enough to be mature, you don't know how to take care of yourself, you don't know what work is, you don't know what hunger his and sharing food, fight to survive ,etc ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I think this situation is just as bad for a guy as it is for a girl. Fuck all the guys with their double standards.

I'd be very angry with my son if he was in this situation. (if I even had a son of course)
    And the person having sex with this kid is a pedophile in my book. Absolutely disgusting.
    lol, she's not a pedo. Sexual attraction to a 17 year old is considered normal. Acting on that may be criminal in certain jurisdictions in the US, but that's a different kettle of fish. And certainly, she violated her moral obligations as a teacher, but she's not a pedo.

More people need to watch American Beauty. No reason in particular, other than Mena Suvari's tits.

Honestly I'm just surprised. A few months ago there was a thread on mmo champ with a link to an article of a teacher who had sex with some of her high school students at her home when they were all over 18 at the time it happened. She was facing something like 20 years of prison time for this. Even on this board half the posters were supporting the sentence because she had "abused her authority". I remember it specifically because i had to post my shock that so many people thought somebody should be able to go to prison in america for having legal, overage, consensual sex. She should have been fired and lost her liccense for an ethical breach and thats the end of it. Meanwhile this teacher had illegal sex with an actual underage student and she is let off and people want to pat the boy on the back for getting laid. You would think the difference in sentences and social reactions between the two cases would be reversed.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson